This recipe for Ninja Foodi chicken breasts is fast, easy, and loaded with flavor. In almost no time, you can have tender, juicy, hot chicken breasts ready to satisfy the whole family.
One of the best things about chicken is its versatility. Almost everyone loves chicken, and almost everything tastes delicious with it. You can even use frozen chicken for convenience.
Do you have a favorite sauce or seasoning for boneless chicken breasts? Even though this recipe suggests lemon pepper and garlic seasoning, you can season it to your heart’s delight.
This Ninja Foodi air fryer chicken breast recipe is so easy and convenient, it can be prepared in almost no time. This is especially true when using the Ninja Foodi to air crisp.
This miraculous device can do it all! If you have older kids in the house interested in cooking, go ahead and show them the ropes.
Play your cards right, and they just might be preparing dinner for you soon!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- Everything you need to make chicken breast in the Ninja foodi.
- Step by step instructions for making Ninja foodi air fryer chicken breast.
- Fun seasoning and sauce alternatives for your skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
This recipe is so simple and easy that you will return to it often. Grab your ingredients, and let’s get cooking!
I used the Ninja Foodi 8QT Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer for this recipe. I find this to be a great size for my family of four!
How to Make Ninja Foodi Chicken Breasts
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Remove chicken from the package, pat dry with a paper towel, and transfer to a large tray or plate. If desired, trim any excess fat.
STEP TWO: Evenly sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with lemon pepper, salt, and garlic. Press gently to help your spices stick. Place your seasoned chicken into the refrigerator and allow the flavors to set. You want to do this for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to overnight.
STEP THREE: Place the inner pot into your Ninja Foodi before adding the air fryer basket. In the inner bowl, add 1 cup of chicken broth. Then, place your seasoned chicken breasts into the basket.
STEP FOUR: On your Ninja Foodi, choose the STEAMCRISP setting and set it to both steam and crisp. In this case, it doesn’t matter if the valve is sealed or not. Set your temperature to 375 degrees F and your timer to 20 minutes. Your chicken breasts are done when they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
STEP FIVE: Once cooked, remove the chicken from the Foodi and allow it to rest for at least 2-3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
What to Serve With Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
Whatever side dish you can think up, I assure you it will go beautifully with this recipe. Vegetables, rice, pasta — you name it, these chicken breasts are great with it all.
Here are some awesome recipes for inspiration:
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Frozen Broccoli in the Air Fryer
- Green Beans Almondine
- 5 Ingredient Squash Casserole
- Frozen Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- No-Fail Ninja Foodi Rice
Other Seasoning and Sauce Ideas for These Chicken Breasts
This recipe calls for lemon pepper seasoning, but there is no reason to limit yourself. Feel free to substitute your favorite seasoning or sauce and follow the instructions just the same.
If you are in need of some suggestions, try some of these:
- Garlic and Herb
- Buffalo sauce
- Curry seasoning
How Long to Cook Your Chicken Breasts in the Ninja Foodi
For this recipe, you want to make sure your Ninja Foodi is set to 375 degrees. Set your timer for 20 minutes and check your chicken from that point.
Your chicken breasts will be ready when the internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
How to Cook Chicken Breasts in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer
You can refer to the full recipe for more detailed instructions, but basically, these are the steps:
- Season your chicken with your choice of seasoning and/or sauce.
- Put the broth in the inner bowl and chicken breasts in the basket of your air fryer.
- Preheat to 375 and select the STEAMCRISP setting.
- Cook breasts for 20 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How to Reheat Chicken Breast in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer
Reheating in the air fryer is quick and easy.
Simply preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F and place your chicken breasts in the basket. Cook them for about 5 minutes, checking and flipping halfway through.
Other Ninja Foodi Recipes You’ll Love:
- Ninja Foodi Baked Potato
- Ninja Foodi Macaroni and Cheese
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
- Ninja Foodi Pot Roast
- Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs
- Ninja Foodi Bacon
- Ninja Foodi Chili
- Ninja Foodi Pork Chops
- Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Thighs
Ninja Foodi Chicken Breasts
Juicy Ninja Foodi Chicken Breasts are tender, flavorful, and take minutes to make. This chicken is seasoned perfectly; it is a must try!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, approximately 3 breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Take the chicken out of the package, pat dry with a paper towel, and place it on a tray or large plate.
- Sprinkle salt, garlic, and lemon pepper evenly on each breast. Slightly press down, so the seasoning adheres well to the chicken.
- Place the coated chicken breasts back in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to overnight.
- Place the inner pot in the Ninja Foodi and add the air crisp basket (air fryer basket).
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth into the inner bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts into the basket.
- Set the Ninja Foodi to STEAMCRISP and select steam and crisp, the valve does not matter if it is sealed or not sealed.
- Set temperature to 375 degrees F and time to 20 minutes.
- The chicken breasts will be cooked once they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Take them out of the Foodi and let them rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
How to reheat chicken breasts:
1. Place your chicken breasts in the Ninja Foodi air fryer basket.
2. Cook at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 194mgSodium: 1040mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 71g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
2 thoughts on “Ninja Foodi Chicken Breasts”
How do I set it to both steam and crisp? I don’t think I can do that on mine? I have a steam and a crisp setting.
Hi Amanda, if you have an older model Foodi, you would need to choose the steam option and then the air crisp option since it does have the function to do both. I would do about 15 minutes of the time in steam and rest on air fry.