This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Enjoy classic comfort food the easy way with this crispy-on-the-outside, moist-on-the-inside air fryer meatloaf! Perfect for busy weeknights.
When it comes to comfort food that will feed the whole family, it doesn’t get much better than air fryer meatloaf!
If you didn’t love meatloaf growing up because it turned out too dense, too dry, or too greasy, this recipe is a great opportunity to give it a second chance.
One thing I love is how the air fryer allows all the grease to drip through the basket. That way, the meatloaf doesn’t cook in it and turn out too greasy.
It’s just enough to give it a wonderful crisp on the outside while the inside stays perfectly moist and delicious.
Looking for other dinner recipes to make? Check out this massive list of air fryer recipes perfect for main dishes at dinner!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make this easy air fryer meatloaf recipe
- Tips for making the best meatloaf
- How to make turkey meatloaf or use a combination of turkey, beef, and pork
- How to store any extra meatloaf
- How to reheat meatloaf in the air fryer
If you’ve never thought about using your air fryer for making meatloaf, now is the time! No meatloaf pan is necessary.
So whether you have a few pounds of ground beef you need to use or you’re just looking for an easy weeknight dinner, definitely give this recipe a try.
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How To Cook Meatloaf in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
STEP TWO: Combine the beef, eggs, milk, bread crumbs, meatloaf seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. You can use a big spoon or just mix it with your hands.
STEP THREE: Form the mixture into a loaf shape, then place it in the air fryer basket. I recommend spraying the basket with some oil using an EVO Oil Mister so the meatloaf is easy to take out after cooking.
You can also place a piece of air fryer parchment paper in the basket under the meatloaf if you would like to help with cleanup.
STEP FOUR: Cook the meatloaf for 25 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Meanwhile, make the topping by combining the ketchup, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
STEP SIX: At 25 minutes, spoon ¼ cup of the topping mixture onto the meatloaf, just enough to cover it. Place the loaf back in the air fryer for 5-10 more minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
I use a Kizen Instant-Read Thermometer to get a quick read of the meatloaf temperature.
STEP SEVEN: Remove the loaf from the air fryer. If desired, you can add more of the topping and garnish with parsley.
STEP EIGHT: Allow the meatloaf to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Tips for Making the Best Meatloaf in the Air Fryer
- During the first 25 minutes of cooking, if you notice the top browning too early, cover it with aluminum foil. Remove once you add the topping.
- Use 80/20 ground beef for the best flavors.
- Use the remaining topping as a dipping sauce for the meatloaf. My kids love the extra sauce!
Can I Make Turkey Meatloaf Instead?
You bet! In fact, it’s up to you whether you want to use ground beef, ground pork, or ground turkey in this recipe.
Can’t decide which flavor sounds best? You can always mix and match your favorite combinations! Just make sure you end up with 2 pounds (2 lbs) of ground meat total.
How to Store Leftover Meatloaf
This recipe is for a small meatloaf that will feed a family of four. But if you find yourself with leftovers, count yourself lucky. They taste amazing the next day!
Simply store any extra meatloaf slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Properly stored, they will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
Sides to Serve with Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
- The Best Air Fryer Green Tomatoes Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
How to Keep Your Air Fryer From Smoking
Fatty foods can often cause an air fryer to smoke if you don’t take the right precautions. This includes when cooking ground beef in the air fryer.
To avoid smoking, use one of these two methods:
- Place a piece of bread under the basket inside the drawer. This will help catch any grease.
- Place a small amount of water in the drawer of the air fryer.
How to Reheat Meatloaf in the Air Fryer
- Line your basket with air fryer parchment paper (if you don’t have any, regular parchment paper will work in a pinch, but the perforations work really nicely with the way the air fryer cooks).
- Spray both sides of your meatloaf with cooking spray, then lay it on the paper in the basket.
- Cook the slices for 3-5 minutes at 350 degrees.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 packet McCormick's meatloaf seasoning packet (1.5 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
For the Topping
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Combine the beef, eggs, milk, bread crumbs, meatloaf seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. You can use a big spoon or just use your hands.
- Form it onto a loaf shape and place the meatloaf in the air fryer.
- Cook it for 25 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- After 25 minutes spoon 1/4 cup of the topping mixture onto the meatloaf. Place it back in the air fryer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more until it reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the meatloaf from the air fryer and top with additional ketchup mixture and enjoy!
How to Reheat Meatloaf in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place a piece of air fryer parchment paper in the basket then put the leftover slices of meatloaf in the air fryer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.