You’ll be a dinnertime hero when you make these garlic butter air fryer steak bites! They pair perfectly with steamed veggies, potatoes, or noodles.
Need a quick and easy dinner the whole family will go crazy for? Just wait until you try making 15-minute garlic butter steak bites in the air fryer!
I love this meal because it’s easy to make, can be served with almost anything, and tastes absolutely incredible.
Did I mention you only need 6 ingredients? Keep this one in your back pocket for a busy weeknight!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- My favorite way to make air fryer steak bites with irresistible garlic butter flavor
- How long to cook steak bites in the air fryer depending on your desired level of doneness
- What kind of steak to use in this recipe
- What to serve with steak bites
- How to reheat steak bites in the air fryer
This dish is so versatile. I love serving air fryer steak bites and potatoes, but steamed veggies or noodles would also be a delicious combination.
It’s all about what’s most convenient for you!
How to Make Garlic Butter Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Cut sirloin steak into 1½-inch cubes.
STEP THREE: In a bowl, whisk together the oil, melted butter, garlic, salt, and pepper to form the sauce.
STEP FOUR: Add cubed steak to the sauce bowl and toss together until every piece is coated.
STEP FIVE: Transfer the coated steak cubes to the air fryer basket.
STEP SIX: Cook the steak bites in the air fryer for 7-12 minutes.
STEP SEVEN: Serve immediately with steamed rice, vegetables, or noodles.
How to Cook Air Fryer Steak Bites to Medium Rare
Personally, I like my steak medium-rare. That’s just one of the reasons I love cooking steak in the air fryer: it gets warm all the way through without over-cooking!
If you’re like me, I suggest cooking your sirloin steak bites in the air fryer for 7-8 minutes.
For medium doneness, 9-11 minutes is your sweet spot. 12 minutes will cook the steak bites to medium-well, and I wouldn’t really recommend cooking them much longer than that or you’ll risk drying them out.
What Kind Of Steak To Use For Air Fryer Steak Bites
For this recipe, I’m using sirloin steak. It’s a pretty inexpensive cut of meat as far as steaks go and still gives you that big flavor you expect.
Of course, you’re always welcome to use another cut of steak if you prefer!
What to Serve with Steak Bites
Craving air fryer steak bites and potatoes? That’s my favorite combo too!
I swear by these Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes, but you also can’t go wrong with Smashed Potatoes, Fingerling Potatoes, or Hasselback Potatoes.
Just make the potatoes in the air fryer, then stick them in the oven on WARM while you cook the steak.
Looking for some greens to go with your meal? In the summer, I love pairing air fryer steak bites and Broccoli Salad.
If you’re looking for less prep, try making Air Fryer Broccoli or Frozen Broccoli, then keep in the oven on WARM until you’re ready to serve.
Another classic combination is air fryer steak bites and peppers. Try my easy Bell Peppers or Shishito Peppers!
Tips for Making the Best Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
- Try to cut the steak into even cubes so they will cook at the same rate.
- When you toss the steak in the garlic butter sauce, you want to ensure every piece is coated for maximum flavor.
- Serve right away. Steak is best enjoyed hot!
How to Store and Reheat Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
Store leftover steak bites in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer the leftover steak bites to the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
More Air Fryer Steak Recipes
- Air Fryer Carne Asada
- Air Fryer Flank Steak
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- Air Fryer Sirloin Steak
- Air Fryer Frozen Steak
- Air Fryer T Bone Steak
Even More Steak Recipes
- Instant Pot Steak
- Leftover Steak Fajitas
- Instant Pot Sirloin Tip Roast
- 45 Juicy Steak Dinner Ideas
- 25 Leftover Steak Recipes
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Steak Bites
You can’t go wrong making garlic butter steak bites in the air fryer! Serve this 15-minute crowd-pleasing dinner with steamed veggies, potatoes, or noodles.
- 1 ½ pounds sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Cut steak into 1½-inch cubes.
- Whisk together oil, melted butter, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add steak to bowl and toss together with sauce until coated.
- Preheat your air fryer.
- Cook in your air fryer at 400°F for 7-12 minutes.
- 7 minutes = more rare / 12 minutes = medium-well
- Serve as the main dish, along with steamed rice, vegetables, or noodles.
How to reheat steak bites:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
2. Add steak bites to the air fryer basket and cook for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 935mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 46g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.