Easy air fryer green beans are crisp and tender and cook in just minutes!
Air frying green beans couldn’t be easier! Just toss the ingredients together and they come out tasting like they were roasted in the oven — in just minutes!
It’s a healthy low-carb recipe (and keto!) that the entire family will enjoy.
How to Cook Green Beans in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Mix together the green beans, sesame oil, garlic salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Place the trimmed fresh green beans in the air fryer in a single layer and air fry for 5-7 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
STEP FOUR: Remove the air fried green beans from the air fryer and enjoy!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Prime Rib
- Air Fryer Chicken Leg Quarters
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Air Fryer Roast Beef
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Air Fryer Pork Loin
You can also take a look at this great list of air fryer dinner ideas too!
Variations for Fresh Green Beans in the Air Fryer
- Add mushrooms, potatoes, or onions for even more veggie goodness.
- Add bacon, balsamic vinegar, and fresh lemon juice for a new set of flavors
- Use a store-bought vegetable seasoning for incredible flavor — here is what I call the best green bean seasoning
- Bread your green beans for a nice crispy result! Coat them in flour, dip them into whisked eggs, then roll in your favorite bread crumbs.
- Add red pepper flakes for a spicy kick to this air fryer green beans recipe
- Use french beans in place of green beans!
- Make garlic parmesan air fryer green beans by swapping the garlic salt and sesame oil out for garlic powder (or freshly minced garlic) and grated parmesan cheese
How Long to Cook Green Beans in the Air Fryer
Air fried green beans cook in just 5-7 minutes.
Make sure to shake the basket halfway through and they’re done when you can easily pierce them with a fork!
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Green Beans
- Ensure green beans are evenly covered in the oil and seasonings for the best results.
- Cook the fresh green beans in a single layer to allow them to cook evenly
- Trim your green beans with a knife so they can easily fit in your air fryer basket
More Green Bean Recipes
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Air Fryer Sausage, Gnocchi, and Green Beans
- Green Beans Almondine
- Green Bean Tater Tot Casserole
- Crack Green Beans
- Grean Bean Casserole with Cream Cheese
- Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole
- 20 Frozen Green Bean Recipes
How to Cook Frozen Green Beans in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Quickly toss the remaining ingredient with the frozen green beans using tongs.
- Add your frozen green beans to the air fryer and cook for about 11 minutes.
You can also try our easy air fryer frozen green beans recipe with everything bagel seasoning here. It’s amazing!
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes:
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parm
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Radishes
- Air Fryer Squash
- Air Fryer Broccoli
Air Fryer Weight Watcher Points per serving: 1
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the trimmed green beans, sesame oil, garlic salt, and pepper into a bowl and mix to evenly coat green beans.
- Put green beans into your preheated air fryer for 5-7 minutes shaking the basket halfway through. You can check the tenderness with a fork to test if the green beans are done.
- Remove green beans from the air fryer and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 398mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.