This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Need a quick and easy option for a veggie side? These air fryer frozen green beans turn out so crispy and flavorful, the whole family will love them!
When it comes to getting veggies on the dinner table, I’m always looking for quick and easy options that I know everyone will love. When I’m short on time, these air fryer frozen green beans are one of my go-to recipes!
Butter, everything but the bagel seasoning, and parmesan add irresistible flavor to breaded green beans while the air fryer takes them from frozen to crispy and delicious in about 15 minutes. It’s a veggie side I can always count on the whole family devouring.
Have fresh green beans on hand? Try our Air Fryer Green Bean Fries recipe!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make the best air fryer green beans from frozen
- What temperature to use when cooking vegetables from frozen in the air fryer
- Other flavor ideas for your air fried green beans
- What to serve with green beans
If you have a bag of breaded green beans hanging out in your freezer, put this recipe on your list to try immediately. On busy weeknights, it’s an absolute lifesaver. Especially when you just want to get your kids to eat some veggies!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Drizzle the melted butter over the frozen green beans, then quickly toss with tongs to coat before the butter fully cools and hardens.
STEP THREE: Incorporate the Everything Bagel Seasoning and the parmesan cheese. Toss to coat.
STEP FOUR: Add your green beans to the preheated air fryer. Sprinkle any extra cheese mixture on top.
STEP FIVE: Fry for 11 minutes, tossing halfway through.
STEP SIX: Serve and enjoy.
How to Cook Frozen Crispy Green Beans in the Air Fryer
PF Chang’s and Bird’s Eye are two of the most popular brands of frozen breaded green beans. Wondering which one will work best for this recipe?
I personally tested the Bird’s Eye crispy green beans in the air fryer, but the PF Chang’s brand will work just as well! Both will come out tasting like crunchy, flavorful perfection with the following directions:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Throw in the frozen crispy green beans and cook for about 7 to 9 minutes until they’re nice and crispy!
What Temperature Do You Cook Frozen Vegetables in the Air Fryer?
This is going to depend on what you’re cooking! In my experience, cooking with the air fryer always takes a little experimenting to find the perfect temperature.
For frozen vegetables like green beans, 380 degrees F is plenty to warm them through while crisping up the outside. Frozen tater tots, on the other hand, are best cooked at 400 degrees F, while frozen onion rings only need the air fryer to be 350 degrees F.
There’s no magic number for all vegetables. Instead, just give it a try and see what works (or check out more of my air fryer recipes for guidance!)
Tips for Cooking Frozen Green Beans in the Air Fryer
- Once you’re ready to pour the melted butter, be ready to toss the green beans right away. The frozen beans will make the butter cool and harden quickly, so you want to move fast.
- You’ll likely have some extra cheese and seasoning mixture left at the bottom of the bowl after tossing. Don’t let it go to waste! Sprinkle over the green beans in the air fryer basket before cooking.
- Always toss the green beans halfway through the cooking time to ensure they crisp up on all sides.
Ideas for Other Flavor Variations
- Toss with chili powder instead of Everything Bagel seasoning
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar in place of the parmesan
- Add a squeeze of lemon when the cooking time is up
- Toss with cooked, chopped bacon before serving
- Coat in melted butter and just a pinch of sugar before cooking, then serve with ketchup for faux french fries
Do You Need to Thaw the Green Beans Before Cooking Them?
Nope! That’s the beauty of this recipe. You’ll go straight from the freezer to the air fryer to the table in a matter of minutes.
Starting with fresh veggies? Check out my Asian-Style Air Fryer Green Beans recipe!
Air Fryer Dinner Ideas to Serve with Frozen Green Beans
- Air Fryer Chicken Leg Quarters
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Thighs
- Sirloin Tip Roast in the Instant Pot
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
Can You Reheat Frozen Green Beans in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! In fact, this is the best way to reheat them to taste like day 1!
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Add your leftover green beans to the preheated air fryer.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Other Air Fryer Side Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Artichokes
- Air Fryer Okra
- Roasted Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
And check out these other Air Fryer Vegetables too!
- 1 bag of frozen green beans (16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of Everything Bagel seasoning
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Drizzle your melted butter onto your frozen green beans and quickly toss with tongs. Since your green beans are frozen the butter will begin to cool and harden again.
- Incorporate the Everything Bagel Seasoning and the parmesan cheese. Toss to coat.
- Add your frozen green beans to the preheated air fryer. Any extra cheese mixture can be sprinkled on top. Fry for 11 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy.
How to Reheat Green Beans in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place the leftover green beans in the air fryer and cook until warm.
How to Cook Frozen Crispy Green Beans in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
2. Place the frozen fried green beans in the air fryer and cook for 7 to 9 minutes until it hits your desired crispiness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.