Experience crispy perfection with Waffle Fries in the Air Fryer, the ultimate snack sensation. Delightfully seasoned and cooked to golden-brown deliciousness, these fries take your taste buds to new heights!
Say goodbye to disappointing oven-baked waffle fries and the hassle of deep frying. With the magic of the air fryer, making homemade waffle fries is super easy!
The best way to make homemade waffle fries is by air frying them. Within minutes, you can make a batch of perfectly crispy waffle fries that cook evenly without the need for excessive oil.
Savor the satisfying crunch as you take the first bite of air fryer waffle fries. And the best part? Beyond the exceptional taste and texture, the air fryer makes cleanup easy too.
Alexia waffle fries in the air fryer are one of our favorite go-to easy side dishes, but any brand will have the same results — whether they are sweet potato waffle fries or the classic version. Air fried criss cut fries are the perfect dish for the whole family!
How to Cook Waffle Fries in an Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Arrange the waffle fries in air fryer basket, making sure they are in a single layer. Don’t worry if there is a slight overlap.
STEP THREE: Air fry waffle fries for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket midway, until they are perfectly crispy.
Tips to Make the Best Frozen Waffle Fries in the Air Fryer
- No oil needed! Avoid spraying both the air fryer tray or lattice fries with cooking oil unless they appear dry during cooking.
- Season fries after air frying. Some of the seasoning tends to fall off into the air fryer, which means you lose a lot of flavor!
- Air fry waffle fries in a single layer. A little overlap is fine, but you want to avoid stacking frozen waffle fries in the air fryer or they won’t be able to crisp.
- Cook in batches. If you need to prepare a large batch for your family, air fry half the bag of waffle cut fries at a time for best results.
- Best store bought waffle fries: I recommend making Ore Ida or Alexia waffle fries in the air fryer. They tend to have the best flavor and texture.
Sauce Ideas for Waffle Fries
How to Store Air Fryer Waffle Fries
To store leftover waffle fries, allow them to cool completely, then transfer them to an airtight container or resealable bag. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days and reheat in the air fryer.
Homemade waffle fries can be frozen for up to 3 months before being cooked, but you’ll need to blanch and flash-freeze them first.
More Frozen Fries in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Curly Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries in the Air Fryer
- Steak Fries in the Air Fryer
How Long to Cook Waffle Fries in the Air Fryer
Cooking frozen waffle fries in the air fryer doesn’t take long at all!
In just 8-10 minutes, they’ll be deliciously crispy and ready to be served.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Frozen Pizza in Air Fryer
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
- 5-Minute Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Frozen Hamburgers in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
How to Reheat Waffle Fries in the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F, then arrange leftover fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for approximately 2 minutes or until the fries are heated through and crispy.
Lay out the fries in a single layer without letting them overlap too much. This allows the air to reach every surface of each fry for maximum crispness. If you have a large quantity, reheat in multiple batches.
Also, let cold fries sit at room temperature before reheating — about 30 minutes should do it. This step promotes even cooking, but it’s not essential if you’re short on time.
For a more in-depth tutorial, you can learn how to reheat fries in the air fryer here.
More Air Fryer Fries Recipes
- Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- 1 pound frozen waffle fries (1/2 bag)
- Dipping sauce of choice
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place a single layer of frozen waffle fries in your air fryer. They can overlap slightly.
- Cook the fries for 8 to 10 minutes, carefully shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
- Remove the waffle fries from the air fryer, serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
How to Reheat Waffle Fries in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place your leftover waffle fries in the air fryer and cook for about 2 minutes, until warmed thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 870mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 9g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.