Discover crispy perfection with frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer – the best way to make a quick and easy meal your whole family will love!
Who doesn’t love hot and super crispy breaded chicken strips? No need to venture out to restaurants or fast-food joints — with air frying, you can grab a bag from the freezer section and enjoy them right from the comfort of your home! The magic of air frying makes sure they’re oh-so-crispy on the outside, and perfectly juicy inside.
The process is quick and easy, sparing you the hassle of dealing with raw chicken. With less time spent cooking, you’ll have perfect frozen chicken strips in the air fryer in no time.
The air fryer is like magic! It can cook frozen chicken strips perfectly without the need for lots of oil, so they’re healthier too, just like grilled chicken strips. Whether you use Trader Joe’s or Tyson chicken tenders in the air fryer, it all tastes amazing when air fried.
Get ready to enjoy the best air fryer chicken tenders that strike the perfect balance between crispy and juicy, creating a taste sensation you won’t be able to resist.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Turn on the air fryer and set it to 360 degrees F to preheat.
STEP TWO: Arrange the pre cooked frozen chicken tenders in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. Make sure to give them space for air circulation, but it’s completely fine if they touch slightly.
STEP THREE: Air fry frozen chicken tenders for around 12 minutes, flipping halfway through to make sure the cooking times are equal.
STEP FOUR: Remove the air fryer chicken strips and serve them with your favorite sauce!
Tips to Make the Best Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
- If you’re cooking larger pieces of frozen chicken tenderloin in air fryer, adjust the cooking time accordingly. Consider using a meat thermometer to make sure the air fryer frozen chicken strips are thoroughly cooked (165 degrees F).
- Allow the air fryer frozen chicken tenders to sit for a minute or two after cooking to lock in the juices.
- Shake the basket a couple of times as you air fry to make the best, most evenly crispy frozen chicken tenderloin in air fryer.
- I like to use Tyson chicken tenders in the air fryer, but you can make air fried chicken with brands like Perdue, Pilgrims, Foster Farms, or any generic store brand.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Strips
- Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi French Fries
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Air Fryer Green Beans
Sauce Ideas for Chicken Strips
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Honey Mustard
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
Can I Air Fry Uncooked Frozen Breaded Chicken Tenderloins?
Absolutely! Keep in mind that uncooked frozen chicken fingers will need a different cooking process, time, and temperature compared to the pre cooked ones.
You’ll find several recipes for uncooked chicken strips below, but the general rule is to air fry for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F, carefully flipping halfway.
If the breading seems delicate or crumbly, you can use a parchment liner for easier cleanup.
More Air Fryer Chicken Tender Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Flour
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (No Breading)
- Air Fryer Panko Chicken Tenders
How Long to Cook Frozen Chicken Tender in the Air Fryer
To make your chicken tenders super crispy, spread them out evenly and cook for about 12 minutes. Flip the frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer once halfway through.
If you stack them, they’ll take a bit longer to get crispy, so be patient and keep an eye on them!
How to Reheat Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
To reheat leftover chicken tenders in the air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees, then place the refrigerated or frozen chicken strips in the air fryer basket, and cook for about 5 minutes until they are heated through. You may need to increase the time for frozen.
After you air fry frozen chicken tenders the first time, allow them to cool to room temperature, then place them in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze for up to 3 months.
More Frozen Air Fryer Favorites
- Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Cod in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Meatballs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dog
- 8 frozen chicken tenders
- Dipping sauce of choice
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Place the frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer in one layer. They can touch, but should not be fully stacked.
- Cook them for about 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the chicken strips from the air fryer then enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to Reheat Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the leftover chicken tenders in the air fryer and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, until heated thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1472mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.