Ninja Foodi French Fries are super crispy, perfectly salted, and absolutely irresistible! You’ve never had homemade fries this delicious or this easy to make.
Craving crispy, salty, hot-out-of-the-fryer fries? Skip the fast food joint and whip up these craveworthy Ninja Foodi French fries instead!
It’s never been so easy to make homemade French fries that taste so good. Just cut, soak, toss in oil, and let the Ninja Foodi handle the rest.
Best of all, you’ll only use a fraction of the oil you get from deep fried French fries!
I love making frozen French fries when I’m short on time.
But once I realized how easy it was to make fries from scratch, this has become my go-to method when I want an irresistible side the whole family will devour!
I used the Ninja Foodi 8QT Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer for this recipe. I find this to be a great size for my family of four!
How to Make French Fries in the Ninja Foodi
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Peel and wash all potatoes, then cut into ¼-inch rectangle French fries with a fry cutter or a knife.
STEP TWO: Rinse the fries, then soak in cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in the fridge.
STEP THREE: Drain the water, rinse the fries, then pat them dry with paper towel until all of the moisture has been absorbed.
STEP FOUR: Drizzle the fries with oil and toss to coat.
STEP FIVE: Air crisp at 390 degrees F in the Ninja Foodi for 25-30 minutes, shaking the basket every 5-10 minutes to make sure the fries cook evenly.
STEP SIX: Sprinkle with additional salt to taste and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces.
What to Serve with Ninja Foodi Fries
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Ninja Foodi Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Bacon Wrap
- Frozen Chicken Patties in the Air Fryer
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
How Long to Cook French Fries in the Ninja Foodi
We want the fries to be super crispy on the outside and hot and fluffy on the inside.
If you cut them into ¼-inch rectangles, they should cook in 25-30 minutes in the Ninja Foodi.
I recommend checking on them around the 25 minute mark and then checking every minute until they’re cooked just the way you want them.
Tips for Making the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer French Fries
- Use russet (baking) potatoes for the fries. They are high in starch, which makes them great for Ninja Foodi French fries.
- Try to cut the potatoes into even rectangles. Slicing all of the potatoes to the same size will help them cook evenly. A fry cutter is a great tool here!
- After draining the potatoes, dry them as thoroughly as possible. By removing the excess moisture, this helps them crisp up beautifully. If there’s too much moisture, the potatoes will steam instead.
- Shake the basket every 10-15 minutes to help the fries cook evenly.
- Add extra salt right when they come out of the Ninja Foodi for a true restaurant-quality batch of fries!
- For an extra burst of flavor, feel free to add a little French fry seasoning right before serving.
More Delicious French Fry Recipes
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Bacon Cheese Fries
- Curly Fries in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- Steak Fries in the Air Fryer
Other Ninja Foodi Recipes You’ll Love:
- Ninja Foodi Baked Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Bacon
- Ninja Foodi Beef Stew
- Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs
- Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Frozen Chicken Breasts
- Ninja Foodi Meatloaf
- Ninja Food Pork Chops
- Ninja Foodi Ribs
- Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
- 1.5 - 2 lbs russet (baking) potatoes
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Peel and wash all potatoes, then cut into ¼” rectangle french fries, using a fry cutter or a knife.
- Rinse the potatoes, then soak in cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt for at least 30 minutes (or up to overnight if in the fridge).
- Drain the water, rinse the potatoes, then pat dry with paper towel until all moisture has been absorbed (this helps them crisp not steam)
- Drizzle oil, and toss to coat.
- Air crisp at 390 F in the foodi for 25-30 minutes, shaking the basket every 5-10 minutes to make sure they cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with additional salt to taste and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 529mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.