Ninja Foodi meatloaf is made with ground beef, spices, and seasonings, and is finished off with a yummy ketchup and brown sugar glaze!
Want to make a classic recipe the easy way? You’re going to love my Ninja Foodi meatloaf! Full of flavor, this comfort food meal is so simple to put together.
There are some meals that just immediately take me back to childhood. Did anyone else grow up on meatloaf?! It made its way onto my table at least once a week when I was a kid.
Now that I’m older, I realize that it was most likely because it’s made with easy-to-find pantry ingredients — the only thing you may need to pick up from the supermarket is the ground beef.
Meatloaf can sometimes be a little hit or miss — either perfectly moist and tender, or totally dry and crumbly.
When you follow my recipe and use your Ninja Foodi to cook it, you’ll end up with the perfect results you’re after every time.
Ninja Foodi meatloaf is a wonderful dinner idea when you crave something simple, filling, and hearty. Everyone in my house loves it — proof that even picky eaters are likely to ask for seconds!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The simple pantry ingredients you’ll need to make Ninja Foodi meatloaf.
- Detailed instructions on how to assemble the ingredients and how to cook meatloaf in the Ninja Foodi.
- Answers to some common questions that may come up when making this recipe.
This dish is the perfect solution for those evenings you’re not sure what to serve for dinner. This Ninja Foodi meatloaf recipe is comfort food at its finest and is so easy to make!
I used the Ninja Foodi 8QT Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer for this recipe. I find this to be a great size for my family of four!
How To Make Ninja Foodi Meatloaf
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Set your Ninja Foodi to Sauté, then add the butter and onion. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes (stir frequently!) before removing it from the pot so that it can cool.
STEP TWO: Add the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, ketchup, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, and cooled onions to a large bowl and mix until fully combined. Don’t be afraid to use your (clean) hands here!
STEP THREE: Place a double layer of aluminum foil on your workspace, then place the meatloaf mixture on top. Shape it into a loaf and fold the edges of the foil up to form a loaf pan around the meatloaf.
STEP FOUR: Pour water into the bottom of the Foodi pot and place the trivet on top. Carefully place the meatloaf in the foil on the trivet.
STEP FIVE: Cover with the lid and set the valve to Seal. Pressure cook your meatloaf in the Ninja Foodi on High for 35 minutes. Allow for a 10-minute pressure release before venting. While it cooks, make your glaze!
STEP SIX: Mix the ketchup, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl. Check that the meatloaf has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F using a meat thermometer, then brush the glaze on top.
If the temperature has not reached 165 degrees, place the lid back on the Ninja Foodi and bring it to pressure for another 5 to 10 minutes (depending on how close it was the temperature).
STEP SEVEN: Use the Broiler function to broil your meatloaf in the Ninja Foodi, or until the glaze bubbles. Sprinkle with fresh parsley to garnish, and serve!
Can I Bake In The Ninja Foodi?
Absolutely! This recipe is a perfect example of everything you can do with this pressure cooker/air fryer.
You’ll just want to be careful to firmly close the lid after you place your meatloaf in the Ninja Foodi. It will ensure that there is enough hot air to thoroughly bake it.
If you prefer to use the air fry function, use the directions in my Air Fryer Meatloaf recipe instead.
What Ingredient Keeps Ninja Foodi Meatloaf From Falling Apart?
I use eggs and Italian breadcrumbs as a binder in my Ninja Foodi meatloaf recipe. If you find that your meatloaf falls apart, you likely didn’t add enough.
Make sure to follow the exact quantities on the recipe card below and you shouldn’t run into any issues!
Can You Use Aluminum Foil In The Ninja Foodi?
Yes! You’ll use aluminum foil to create a makeshift loaf pan that will fit directly inside the Foodi trivet.
This trick will make cleaning up your Ninja Foodi a breeze — you won’t have to worry about anything sticking.
What Is the Secret To Moist Meatloaf?
It’s all about the type of ground beef you use. Opt for meat that’s high in fat — one with at least 15%. I almost always use 80/20 ground beef for this recipe.
If your meatloaf has not reached 165 degrees F, place the lid back on the Foodi and bring it to high pressure for another 5 to 10 minutes depending on doneness.
You can also remove the meatloaf from your Ninja Foodi and finish it in the oven, cooking it at 375 degrees until done.
Other Ninja Foodi Recipes You’ll Love:
- Ninja Foodi Beef Stew
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
- Ninja Foodi Ribs
- Ninja Foodi Hamburgers
- Ninja Foodi Steak
- Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Ninja Foodi Corned Beef
- Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork
- Ninja Foodi Pork Chops
- Ninja Foodi Mac and Cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 2 pounds medium ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Set foodi to saute and add butter and onion; cook 5 minutes stirring frequently, then remove from pot and allow to cool.
- Add the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, ketchup, garlic, italian seasoning, pepper and cooled onions to a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer meatloaf mixture to a double layer of aluminum foil, then shape into a loaf and fold the edges of the foil up to make a foil loaf pan around the meatloaf.
- Place the water and the trivet into the bottom of the foodi pot, then carefully transfer the meatloaf in the foil on top.
- Place lid on, set the valve to sealed, then pressure cook high for 35 minutes; and allow a 10 minute pressure release before venting.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by stirring together the ketchup, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Check that the internal temperature is at least 165 F,* then brush the topping onto the cooked meatloaf.
- Use the broiler function to broil for 5 minutes, or until topping is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm.
* If your meatloaf has not reached 165 degrees F, place the lid back on the Foodi and bring it to high pressure for another 5 to 10 minutes depending on doneness. You can also remove the meatloaf from your Ninja Foodi and finish it in the oven, cooking it at 375 degrees until done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 727mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 34g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.