This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
How to cook an easy juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast with lots of flavor for meal prep and just a simple dinner dish!
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are perfect year-round. It allows you to cook without heating your entire oven in the summer and delivers the same grilled chicken taste throughout the winter.
This boneless chicken breast recipe contains no breading and is completely keto, using butter as its coating. You can use full chicken breasts or cut the chicken into grilled chicken strips when serving.
I made this recipe in my Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it convenient to cook 4 chicken breasts for my family of four all at one time.
Love chicken? Check out these other 40 air fryer chicken recipes you can make!
How to Cook Chicken Breast in an Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees.
For this recipe, I used boneless chicken breasts. You can use thick or thin-cut chicken breasts, but thinly cut ones will take less time to cook.
If you have bone-in chicken breasts, use these cooking times in this recipe here. Start with thawed chicken in your refrigerator.
If your chicken is still frozen, follow these directions to make frozen chicken in the air fryer.
STEP TWO: Melt the butter in a small bowl in your microwave and add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
STEP THREE: Baste your chicken breasts with the butter mixture on both sides.
STEP FOUR: Place chicken breasts in the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway until they read 165 degrees F at its thickest point.
I love to use my Kizen Instant-Read Meat Thermometer for this.
STEP FIVE: Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes, then enjoy immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 3 days and eat cold or use the reheating directions below.
Recipes to Serve with an Air Fryer Chicken Breast:
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
Check out these other air fryer vegetable recipes you can use as sides here.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer?
This air fryer chicken breast is cooked perfectly at 380 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. The exact time will depend on how big and thick your chicken breasts are. This timing is for boneless chicken breasts. If you are cooking bone-in chicken breasts, this time will differ.
Your air fried chicken is done when your thermometer reads 165 degrees F at the chicken’s thickest point.
I recommend using an Instant-Read Meat Thermometer to keep an eye on the chicken breast and pulling it out of the air fryer as soon as it hits 165 degrees to get the juiciest chicken possible.
Can I Overlap Food in an Air Fryer?
So, can I stack chicken in an air fryer? Raw meats, such as raw chicken breasts, cook best when cooked in a single layer.
You can stack them but will need to keep rotating the chicken breasts frequently to allow them to cook evenly. Otherwise certain parts can come out raw while other parts can be overcooked and tough.
Are Air Fryer Chicken Breasts Healthy for You?
This is an often-asked question. Air fryers are very healthy to use, including this healthy keto chicken breast recipe.
Air fryer chicken breasts are just as healthy as chicken breasts cooked on the stove or the skillet when using the same amount of butter or oil.
How to Use This Chicken:
You can serve this air fryer chicken breast recipe as a main dinner or lunch as is or use it in one of these delicious ideas.
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Chicken Salad
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Grain Bowl
Or try it in one of these 13 wraps that use leftover chicken!
How to Cook Frozen Boneless Chicken Breasts in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Mix the butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Baste the frozen chicken breasts with the butter and seasoning mixture and place the chicken in the air fryer.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through until they reach 165 degrees F. Thicker chicken breasts may take a bit longer to cook.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the air fryer and enjoy!
You can see another variation of frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer here. I love switching up the seasonings!
How Do I Reheat Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer?
To reheat chicken breasts in your air fryer, place chicken in the air fryer. Since the chicken is already cooked and there’s no breading to worry about, the chicken can be stacked slightly.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the leftover boneless chicken breasts in the air fryer and cook for about 5 minutes, flipping halfway until thoroughly heated.
If you notice the chicken getting darker, turn your air fryer to 320 degrees and continue to cook. Since all air fryers are made differently (Nuwave is made differently than Power Air Fryer Oven and etc.), it can take more or less time to reheat chicken breasts.
Try These Other Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
- Air Fryer Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Bone-in Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Marinated Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Wings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Place boneless chicken breasts on a cutting board. Melt butter in the microwave and add in garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Coat chicken with butter mixture on both sides.
- Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer in one single layer.
- Cook chicken for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway. The chicken is done once the chicken reads 165 degrees at its thickest part.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate and enjoy cold or using reheated directions below.
How to Reheat Chicken Breasts in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place leftover chicken breasts in the air fryer and cook for about 5 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.
2. Mix the butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl and baste it on the frozen chicken.
3. Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until they reach 165 degrees at their thickest points.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 37g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.