You don’t know ease in the kitchen until you try this 5 Ingredient Chicken Salad Recipe! Ready in minutes, it’s easy to customize with different seasonings and mix-ins.
Our chicken salad recipe is easy to make and will satisfy your taste buds without the hassle. With its homemade charm, it brings back that traditional, hearty flavor we all love.
This simple yet satisfying chicken salad is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re planning a family lunch or a casual get together, this recipe is a go-to option. The best part? You only need a few ingredients to create a flavorful meal.
Imagine tender chicken pieces mixed with fresh ingredients, all coming together to create a harmony of flavors. So, if you’re in the mood for something basic and delicious, this simple chicken salad recipe is the answer.
Embrace the charm of a classic chicken salad that’s sure to please everyone. So, why wait? Dive into this dinner and lunch recipe that will help you experience the magic of a timeless favorite!
How to Make this Chicken Salad Recipe Easy
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Start by chopping or shredding the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
STEP TWO: In a mixing bowl, combine the cut chicken with chopped celery and halved grapes.
STEP THREE: Add the mayonnaise and dill to the mixture, then gently fold it in.
STEP FOUR: If you prefer, sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper to enhance the flavors and give it a good mix.
STEP FIVE: Serve immediately or refrigerate until you’re ready to eat. For easy meal prep, divide into mason jars before storing.
What to Serve With this Simple Chicken Salad Recipe
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Ninja Foodi French Fries
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Easy Deviled Eggs Without Mustard
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
Variations for 5 Ingredient Chicken Salad Recipes
- Chopped apples add such a delicious crunch and flavor to chicken salads, so give it a try if that sounds good!
- For extra protein, incorporate chopped hard-boiled eggs into your salad.
- Everything bagel seasoning tastes surprisingly good in 5 ingredient chicken salad recipes.
- Include ¼ cup of roasted almonds for a nutty and earthy flavor profile and classic crunch. Walnuts and pecans can also be a delicious addition to this simple chicken salad recipe.
- Add ½ cup of dried cranberries for the perfect tangy sweetness.
- For a party or event, try presenting your chicken salad in a bowl for dipping! For an extra twist, try scooping out a sourdough round to serve it in a fun bread bowl.
- Experiment with mashed avocado to add even more creaminess to your chicken salad.
More Salad and Wrap Recipes
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad
How Do You Eat Chicken Salad?
By the spoonful! Seriously, though, it’s delicious when piled onto toasty bread as a mouthwatering sandwich.
You can also tuck it into a tortilla or crisp lettuce leaf for a healthy wrap, or spoon some onto your favorite salad.
Alternatively, use it as a dip with crackers or veggies for the perfect appetizer. The possibilities are truly endless!
What Kind Of Chicken Should I Use?
Feel free to use any chopped or shredded chicken you like – there’s so many choices that work great for 5 ingredient chicken salad recipes.
Grab a rotisserie bird from the store to make this recipe extra easy. You can also grill chicken breast, or cook it in the air fryer or Instant Pot with lemon or seasonings for extra flavor. If you’re in a rush, canned shredded chicken works too.
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last in the Refrigerator?
Leftovers will keep for 3 to 4 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s perfect for busy schedules and meal prep!
More Easy Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chicken Fajita Wrap
- Chicken Bacon Wrap
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
- Pesto Chicken Wrap with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 13 Easy Chicken Wraps Made with Leftover Chicken
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped, fresh celery
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- ½ teaspoon of dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by chopping or shredding the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cut chicken with chopped celery and halved grapes.
- Add the mayonnaise and dill to the mixture, then gently fold it in.
- If you prefer, sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper to enhance the flavors and give it a good mix.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until you’re ready to eat. For easy meal prep, divide into mason jars before storing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g