Looking for a quick lunch? This craveworthy chicken bacon wrap comes together in a flash for a hot and melty meal so satisfying you might make another one for dinner!
Need a tasty meal that’s ready in minutes and still super delicious and satisfying? My friend, allow me to introduce you to the chicken bacon wrap!
This recipe only takes 15 minutes if you have leftover chicken, but can still be ready in under 30 minutes if you’re cooking the chicken.
It’s so easy! And along with the mayo-mustard spread and plenty of melty cheese, this wrap is truly a dream.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make this super-easy and ultra-tasty chicken bacon wrap
- The simple way to cook up juicy chicken breasts in a matter of minutes
- Variations for this wrap (including my favorite, the chicken bacon ranch wrap!)
- What to serve alongside this tasty dish
- What to do if you only want to make one wrap at a time
Wraps are one of my favorite lunchtime meals because they’re so quick, but they’re also great for a busy weeknight dinner!
You can get the whole family fed with minimal prep time, and everyone is sure to devour these wraps.
They’re the perfect crowd-pleaser!
How to Make A Chicken Bacon Wrap
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and mustard until well blended.
STEP TWO: Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
STEP THREE: Add one tortilla and warm it on each side for about 20 seconds until the tortilla is pliable.
STEP FOUR: Place the tortilla on a flat surface. Add a heaping tablespoon of the mayo-mustard and spread.
STEP FIVE: Sprinkle on ¼ cup of cheese, half of a sliced chicken breast, some bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce, leaving roughly 2 inches at the top unfilled for easier rolling.
STEP SIX: Repeat until you’ve filled four tortillas.
STEP SEVEN: One at a time, fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, followed by the other side, and spray the seam with cooking oil spray.
STEP EIGHT: Place the wraps seam-side down on the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, pressing lightly with a spatula to flatten while cooking.
STEP NINE: Spray the top with nonstick cooking spray or brush lightly with oil and flip. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, pressing lightly with a spatula, until the tortilla is golden and the filling is hot and melty.
STEP TEN: Cut the wraps in half and serve warm
How to Cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Don’t have any leftover chicken to use? No problem! It’s super easy to whip up tender, juicy chicken breasts that will be perfect in your wrap.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken lightly with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spray the pan with cooking oil spray, then add the chicken and sear for 4-6 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set it aside, letting it rest until you’re ready to use.
Variations for Your Wraps
Want to swap out ingredients or spice things up with your wrap? The sky’s the limit!
- Make it a chicken bacon ranch wrap by adding a few tablespoons of ranch in place of the mayo-mustard blend — it’s exactly as crave-worthy as it sounds.
- Change up any of the fillings. Try out different cheese blends, add some avocado, or throw in some of your favorite veggies.
- Cook the chicken bacon wrap in an air fryer — spritz oil on the wrapped tortillas and cook at 360 degrees for about 6 to 8 minutes, flipping once.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Bacon Wraps
- Need a quick bacon recipe? Learn how to make Air Fryer Bacon or Instant Pot Bacon in a snap!
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces or strips. This will make the wrap easier to eat.
- Be careful not to overfill the wrap so it will be easier to roll and seal.
- Use a spatula to hold the wrap seam-side down in the pan when it first begins to cook. This will really help seal the seam so your wrap won’t come undone
What to Serve with Chicken Bacon Wraps
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- BBQ Hot Dogs
- Broccoli Salad
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
Can You Make a Single Serving Wrap?
Only want one wrap instead of four? No problem!
Just scale back on the ingredients and then assemble your single-serving wrap.
This is going to be easiest if you’re working with leftover chicken.
If you need to cook a chicken breast, you can always slice up half for your wrap and then save the other half for a future meal.
As for the tomato, you can either substitute smaller cherry tomatoes or just plan to use the rest of the tomato in another recipe like this Mango Habanero Salsa.
Other Easy Chicken Wrap Recipes You’ll Love:
- 5-Minute Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Chicken Fajita Wrap
- Pesto Chicken Wrap with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
- Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 13 Easy Chicken Wrap Recipes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper)
- 6 slices thick-cut cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken lightly with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spray the pan with cooking oil spray, then add the chicken and sear/grill for 4-6 minutes per side until golden and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set it aside, letting it cool until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and mustard until well blended.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add one tortilla and warm on each side for about 20 seconds, until the tortilla is pliable.
- Place the tortilla on a work surface and spread with a heaping tablespoon of the mayo-mustard. On each, sprinkle on 1/4 cup of cheese, half of a sliced chicken breast, some bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce, leaving roughly 2 inches at the top unfilled for easier rolling.
- Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, followed by the other side, and spray the seam with cooking oil spray.
- Place the wraps seam-side down on the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy, pressing lightly with a spatula to flatten a bit while cooking.
- Spray the top with nonstick cooking spray or brush lightly with oil and flip. Repeat the process and cook for another 3-4 minutes, pressing lightly with a spatula, until the tortilla is golden and the filling is hot and melty.
- Cut the wraps in half and serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 820Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 2033mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 11gSugar: 7gProtein: 46g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.