Treat yourself to low-carb buffalo chicken lettuce wraps that deliver big on flavor and have just the right amount of crunch! Oven-baking makes for easy clean up.
Craving something crunchy that won’t leave you feeling sluggish afterward? These buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are low in carbs and pack in just the right amount of heat!
Juicy pieces of chicken breast get a crispy coating on the outside while staying tender and delicious on the inside. Toss them in a little extra hot sauce after the bake to add a kick of buffalo goodness!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The easy way to make low-carb buffalo chicken lettuce wraps using crushed pork rinds or panko breadcrumbs
- How long to cook buffalo chicken breast in the oven
- Tips and tricks for making the best buffalo lettuce wraps
- What to serve with this tasty and flavorful meal
- How to store and reheat leftover buffalo chicken
This recipe is delicious as-is, but it’s also highly customizable depending on your preferences. You can even add the hot sauce later if you’re looking for a kid-friendly meal.
It’s super versatile and delivers big on texture and flavor. Talk about a win-win!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, combine the hot sauce, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. You can also use this buffalo sauce recipe instead.
STEP TWO: Add chicken and toss to coat.
STEP THREE: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
STEP FIVE: Add the crushed pork rinds or panko breadcrumbs to a wide, shallow bowl.
STEP SIX: Dip each chicken piece into the pork rinds or breadcrumbs and transfer to the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each one.
STEP SEVEN: Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. You can toss the chicken with more hot sauce if desired.
STEP EIGHT: Assemble the wraps by adding the carrots, red onion, and bell peppers on top of a large lettuce leaf. Add the chicken pieces, drizzle with ranch dressing or blue cheese sauce, and serve.
How Long Do You Cook Buffalo Chicken Breast in the Oven?
I usually bake mine for 30 minutes, but I recommend checking on your chicken around the 20-25 minute mark. The cooking time can vary based on your oven and the size of your chicken pieces.
When in doubt, I always recommend using an Instant Read Thermometer. You want the internal temperature of the chicken to reach 165 degrees F.
Tips for Making the Best Baked Buffalo Chicken
- Looking for milder chicken that’s more kid-friendly? Instead of marinating the chicken in the hot sauce mixture, make the sauce separately and drizzle it over the chicken after baking if desired.
- You can use crushed pork rinds if you want your breading to be low-carb. Otherwise, feel free to use panko breadcrumbs. You could also swap out the lettuce wraps for regular wraps if you prefer.
- Try to cut the chicken into uniform bite-sized pieces for even baking. If some pieces are smaller than others, they will cook faster and could dry out.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- Easy Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes
Can You Make This With Buffalo Chicken Thighs instead of Buffalo Chicken Breast?
Absolutely! Boneless skinless chicken thighs are a great alternative to chicken breast. Because of the higher fat content, they tend to be more flavorful and turn out juicier.
You don’t need to adjust the recipe at all, simply swap in the thighs and follow the instructions as usual!
And if you love chicken thighs, you will love my buffalo chicken thighs recipe!
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Buffalo Chicken
Have some extra buffalo chicken? Lucky you! Just store the chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy it within 3 days.
When you’re ready to reheat, I recommend throwing your buffalo chicken in the air fryer or oven at 350 degrees F. Cook until crispy and heated through.
Other Low Carb Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces 1-2 inches thick
- ⅓ cup Franks red hot
- 2-3 tablespoon butter, melted (use 3 for not so spicy)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pork rinds or panko breadcrumbs (if not keto or low carb)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 large head Butter lettuce, boston bib or romaine lettuce
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing for serving
- Blue cheese crumbles for serving (optional)
- Celery stalks for serving
1. In a large bowl, combine hot sauce, butter, garlic, salt and black pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. (Or you can make a little extra sauce and keep it separate for later to drizzle over the chicken once baked).
2. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the fridge for 30 min.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F.
4. Dip each chicken piece into pork rinds/breadcrumbs. Arrange the chicken on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, keeping them apart from one another. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. Here you can toss the chicken in more hot sauce mixture (that’s what I did.)
6. Meanwhile, assemble the wraps by combining carrots, red onion, and bell peppers on top of lettuce. Add chicken pieces, drizzle with ranch dressing or blue cheese sauce and serve.
How to reheat buffalo chicken:
1. Preheat oven or air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook until hot and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 631mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.