Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks cook up quick for a great snack option for football season or even after school!
Frozen cheese sticks in the air fryer cook much quicker than in the oven. They are done air frying before your oven is even preheated!
They come out crispy on the outside and gooey in the center for the perfect combination. After you make these air fryer cheese sticks, you won’t make them any other way.
Whether it’s for game day, an afternoon snack, a quick dinner, or more, these air fry mozzarella sticks cook up great every time!
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.
STEP TWO: Place your frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer basket.
STEP THREE: Air fry them for approximately 4 to 6 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Remove the air fryer cheese sticks and wait 1-2 minutes to allow them to cool before enjoying them.
Dipping Sauces for Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Marinara sauce (or tomato sauce)
- BBQ Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Hot Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Honey Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
Tips For the Best Frozen Cheese Sticks in the Air Fryer
- Cook the frozen mozzarella sticks in a single layer to allow all mozzarella sticks to cook at the same time
- Preheat your air fryer to ensure the frozen mozzarella cheese sticks cook from the inside out. This gives you a crispy outside with gooey cheese inside
- The air fried cheese sticks are done when they can be pinched inward showing that the cheese is melted
- Use your favorite store bought frozen mozzarella sticks brand — I think Farm Rich has the best frozen mozzarella sticks, but you can use TGI Fridays or even Costco and Wegman’s mozzarella sticks and they taste great!
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in the Air Fryer?
Frozen breaded mozzarella sticks need approximately 6 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
This lets the cheese get gooey in the middle and crispy on the outside.
What Temperature Do You Cook Mozzarella Sticks in an Air Fryer?
Frozen mozzarella sticks air fry best at 360 degrees F.
Homemade mozzarella sticks cook best in the air fryer at 390 degrees F.
What To Serve with Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella sticks
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Grilled Chicken
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Ninja Foodi Chili
How to Reheat Air Fried Cheese Sticks in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the leftovers in the air fryer and air fry mozzarella sticks for 2 to 3 minutes until warmed.
More Frozen Air Fryer Recipes
- Frozen Pretzels in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Crispy Frozen Dumplings
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Fish Sticks in the Air Fryer
More Air Fryer Appetizers and Snacks
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Bites
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
A quick and easy way to make crispy mozzarella sticks without the cheese bursting out.
- 10 frozen mozzarella sticks
- marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Place the frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Pinch slightly (and carefully since they're hot). They are done when the cheese inside is soft and there is give to the mozzarella stick.
- Remove them from the air fryer and enjoy with a marinara sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 1623mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 24g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
2 thoughts on “Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks”
Hi Samantha, ,
I’ve only had my Air Fryer for a week now and I just cooked bacon in it. It’s awesome, cooked evenly and crispy, it was hard to keep my hands of the bacon while I was preparing the rest of the dinner.
My question is, do you have a recipe for cooking onion rings in the Air Fryer. They are one of my favs. Not frozen ones, don’t like them…?
Yes, bacon is truly amazing in the air fryer!
For onion rings, I would coat them in flour, then egg, then panko or italian breadcrumbs and cook them at 375 until golden brown.