Looking for a low-carb meal the whole family will love? Try air fryer chicken tenders with no breading! They’re crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and simply delicious.
I love how air fryers give you all the crispy crunch of deep-frying with only a fraction of the oil and mess. The food turns out so delicious, you don’t even need to cake it in breadcrumbs. If you don’t believe me, then you have to try these air fryer chicken tenders with no breading!
When I’m in a rush, I love being able to just toss chicken tenderloins with some oil and seasoning before I throw them in the air fryer. Best of all, my kids seem to love these naked chicken tenders just as much as my Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Tenders and Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make the best unbreaded chicken tenders in the air fryer
- What to serve with naked chicken tenders
- How to cook frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer
- Tips for making the best air fryer chicken tenders with no breading
The air fryer gets these gluten-free tenders crispy on the outside while keeping them wonderfully juicy on the inside. Plus, there’s no egg, no breadcrumbs, and no flour, which means no mess. This meal couldn’t be easier to prep.
And if you’ve been looking for keto air fryer chicken tenders, this recipe is perfect for low-carb eating. Compared to grilled, blackened, or baked chicken that can turn out dry, these healthy air fryer chicken tenders win by a mile!
If you love this recipe, you’re going to love our list of other 60 Keto Air Fryer Recipes!
How to Make Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer with No Breading
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
STEP TWO: Pat the chicken tenders dry with paper towels, then place them in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat completely.
STEP THREE: Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl, then sprinkle evenly over the chicken tenders.
STEP FOUR: Air fry the chicken tenders for 10-12 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking time, until they are cooked through and golden on the outside and hit an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
I recommend using an Instant-Read Thermometer so you can pull the chicken tenders out as soon as they reach the right temperature so they stay juicy and tender.
STEP FIVE: Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite dipping sauce, if desired.
I love dipping these in my homemade buffalo sauce, honey sriracha sauce, and homemade BBQ sauce recipes!
Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Chicken Tenderloins?
Because chicken breasts are thicker than tenderloins, they require a little more cooking time when whole. If you want to make boneless breasts, check out my Easy Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe!
You can, however, slice boneless chicken breasts into thin strips and use this recipe as is instead! I do love the taste of using chicken tenderloins more, but a chicken breast will work in a pinch.
What To Serve With Unbreaded Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Bacon-Wrapped Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Easy Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
You can also try these other delicious Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes here!
Can I Cook Frozen Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer?
Yes! These directions are for pre-cooked frozen chicken tenders you can find in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Place the frozen tenders in the air fryer and cook for about 12 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cook time, until they are heated through.
You can see our full post about cooking frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer here.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer with No Breading
- Place the chicken tenders in the air fryer basket in a single layer to ensure the hot air can properly circulate around each one. This is one mistake people make a lot when using an air fryer.
- For keto air fryer chicken tenders, make sure you serve them with low-carb dipping sauces. Or you can always enjoy them plain!
- Always let the air fryer preheat before adding the chicken tenders. This helps the outside of the chicken get as crispy as possible. Read more about preheating your air fryer here.
Can I Cook Raw Chicken in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! This recipe is meant to be used with raw chicken tenderloins. Cooking them at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes will sufficiently cook the chicken all the way through.
If you want to make leftover chicken tenders instead of fresh ones, you can follow my guide for Reheating Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer to make sure they’re warmed through without getting overdone!
Other Air Fryer Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer Chicken Leg Quarters
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Bone-in Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
You can also check out our big list of air fryer chicken recipes for more ideas!
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders -- No Breading
For a low-carb meal, try air fryer chicken tenders with no breading! Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, & simply delicious.
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Pat chicken tenders dry with paper towels, then place in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat completely.
- Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl, then sprinkle evenly over the chicken tenders.
- Air fry the chicken tenders for 10-12 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cook time, until they are cooked through and golden on the outside.
- Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite dipping sauce, if desired.
How to Reheat Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
2. Place your leftover chicken tenders in the air fryer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until warmed thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 18.7gSaturated Fat: 4.2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14.5gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 908mgCarbohydrates: 5.1gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 44.8g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
8 thoughts on “Air Fryer Chicken Tenders — No Breading”
How many chicken tenders are 1 Serving?
Hi Adri, it can depend on the size of your chicken tenderloins, but typically it’s around 3 chicken tenders.
These look great and I can’t wait to try them! Thank you Samantha!
I have made these a bunch of times. Such a yummy go-to recipe!!!
How about doing these with frozen tenders?
I have not cooked frozen chicken tenderloins to make these, but if you try it, let me know how it is!
To cook pre-cooked frozen chicken tenders, follow these directions: https://www.everydayfamilycooking.com/frozen-chicken-tenders-in-air-fryer/
This is literally my favorite recipe that I’ve come across in so long! Thank you so much for posting!
These were amazing! I’m super picky about chicken and this is now my go-to when I can’t grill outside. Super flavorful and not dry at all.