Ready for super crispy wings that can be ready in just 30 minutes? Air fryer breaded chicken wings use a simple breading for crispy-on-the-outside, juicy-on-the-inside perfection!
Crispy chicken wings are arguably some of the best bar food, but if I’m being honest, I’m not crazy about all the oil that goes into deep frying them.
That’s why I love making these air fryer breaded chicken wings that are way healthier but every bit as delicious!
The simple breading on the outside gives them an oh-so-satisfying crunch while the meat on the inside stays tender and juicy.
Best of all, they can be ready in just 30 minutes! The air fryer does all the hard work for you.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make breaded chicken wings in the air fryer in under 30 minutes
- What dipping sauces you can serve with your breaded wings
- Tips and tricks to get the crispiest, most delicious breaded air fryer chicken wings
- The easy way to reheat chicken wings in the air fryer
Whether you’re having friends over for game day or looking for some fun finger food for your next family meal, breaded wings are always a hit. Serve them up with all your favorite dipping sauces and watch them disappear!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Breaded Chicken WIngs
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Place the wings in a large dish, drizzle the oil over them, and toss to coat.
STEP TWO: In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a bowl to make the breading.
STEP THREE: One at a time, coat the wings in the breading, then transfer them to a dry plate or paper towel. Repeat until all wings are coated.
STEP FOUR: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP FIVE: Place the wings in the air fryer basket, leaving a little room around each one. Cook in batches if necessary.
STEP SIX: Cook for 14-16 minutes, flipping halfway through.
STEP SEVEN: Once the wings are crispy, use a meat thermometer to make sure they have come to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, then remove from the air fryer.
STEP EIGHT: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauces to Serve with Breaded Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
- 2 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Buffalo Sauce (pictured in images)
- Honey Mustard
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Thousand Island
Tips for Making the Best Crispy Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Make sure there’s a little space between each wing in the air fryer so the hot air can properly circulate. This ensures that the breading will get fully crispy on all sides!
- Spray the wings with an EVO Oil Sprayer to crisp up the breading halfway through cooking. This will also get rid of any white residue from the flour
- After 7 or 8 minutes, use tongs to carefully flip the wings to ensure the breaded wings in the air fryer cook evenly.
- An Instant Read Thermometer is the best way to tell when your wings are fully cooked. You want the thermometer to read 165 degrees F when placed in the thickest part of the biggest wing.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Wings
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Broccoli Salad
- Easy Homemade Garlic Cheese Bread
- Green Bean Tater Tot Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
How to Reheat Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
Whether you have leftovers from this recipe or takeout from your local sports bar, the air fryer is the best way to reheat wings! They’ll taste just as crispy and delicious as your first bite.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place the leftover wings in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the outside is crispy and the wings are heated through.
You can read more about reheating chicken wings in the air fryer here.
Other Air Fryer Chicken Wings You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Boneless Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 35+ of the Best Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes
- 1 lb of chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place your wings in a large dish. Drizzle the oil over them and toss to coat them.
- Combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a bowl to make the breading. One at a time, coat the wings in breading. Place them on a dry plate or paper towel till you have them all done.
- Put the wings inside of the air fryer, leaving a little room around them. Cook for 14-16 minutes, flipping ½ way through. Once they are crispy, use a meat thermometer to make sure they have come to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1028mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 21g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.