Air fryer buffalo wings are crispy on the outside, juicy on the outside, and can be coated or dipped in sauce for the perfect finger food experience. Ready in about half an hour!
There’s just something about watching sports and eating finger foods that go so well together.
And with this super easy recipe for air fryer buffalo wings, you can enjoy all that finger-licking-goodness right from home!
These wings are crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, and ready in about half an hour.
You can choose to coat them in the easy buffalo sauce or just serve it on the side for dipping.
So if you have little ones with sensitive palettes, they’ll still love these wings!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The fool-proof way to make the best air fryer buffalo wings in about 30 minutes
- What to serve with buffalo wings for the perfect game day spread
- What to do with leftover wings or buffalo sauce
- How to reheat buffalo wings in the air fryer
Wings are one of those dishes I always know my kids will eat. So even if there’s no game on, you’ll still find me whipping up a batch on a busy weeknight.
When they’re so quick and easy to make and turn out so crispy and delicious, there’s no reason not to make them all the time!
How to Make Buffalo Wings in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Pat chicken wings dry.
STEP THREE: Coat with a generous amount of salt and a little pepper
STEP FOUR: Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket in one layer.
STEP FIVE: Cook for 20-22 minutes until the wings are cooked all the way through.
STEP SIX: While the chicken wings are cooking, combine the Frank’s Red Hot, butter, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk frequently until the mixture comes to a simmer and the butter is completely melted, then set aside.
STEP SEVEN: Increase the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees. Continue cooking the wings until they are crispy on the outside, about 4-5 minutes
STEP EIGHT: Toss the wings in the buffalo sauce or use it as a dipping sauce. Enjoy immediately.
Are Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings Healthier?
These wings are every bit as good as the ones you’d order from your local pub or sports bar.
And thanks to the magic of the air fryer, they’re made with a fraction of the oil compared to deep-fried wings!
That means less calories for the same amount of crisp. So go ahead and reach for another wing or two!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Buffalo Wings for Game Day
- BBQ Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Cheesy White Bean Tomato Bake
- Garlic Cheese Bread
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
Tips for Making the Best Buffalo Wings in the Air Fryer
- Make sure to pat the wings as dry as possible with a paper towel. By removing any excess moisture from the skin and the exterior, the air fryer will be able to crisp them up much more effectively.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. You want the hot air to be able to circulate around each wing, so take care to place them in a single layer with some space between them.
- For a milder buffalo sauce, you can decrease the amount of Frank’s Red Hot and increase the amount of butter in the sauce or use this mild buffalo sauce recipe instead.
Can You Store Leftover Wings and Buffalo Sauce?
You bet! If you have any leftover buffalo wings, let them fully cool, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Leftover buffalo sauce can be stored in an airtight container or a jar with a screw top lid. It will stay fresh for up to a month in the refrigerator.
How to Reheat Buffalo Wings in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Lay the leftover buffalo wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the outsides are crispy and the wings are heated through.
More Air Fryer Buffalo Recipes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
More Air Fryer Wing Recipes You’ll Love
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
Did you know air fryer buffalo wings can be ready in about half an hour and taste even better than the wings from your local sports bar or pub? Perfect for game day or an easy dinner!
- 1 lb chicken wings
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup franks red hot
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pat chicken wings dry.
- Coat with a generous amount of salt and a little pepper.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees and place the chicken wings in the basket in one layer. Cook for about 20-22 minutes. Until chicken wings are good through.
- While the chicken wings are cooking, combine the franks red hot, butter, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a small sauce pan on medium low heat. Whisk frequently until mixture comes to a simmer and butter is completely melted then set aside.
- Increase the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees and cook until the wings are crispy on the outside, about 4-5 minutes.
- Coat with buffalo sauce or use it as a dipping sauce.
- Enjoy immediately.
How to reheat buffalo wings:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
2. Place wings in the air fryer basket and cook for 3-5 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 1257mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.