This is hands down the best bacon you’ve ever eaten. Here are easy-to-follow directions so you get perfectly crisp bacon every time. Plus, I’ve mastered the way to cook bacon in the air fryer without it smoking. It’s super easy and will have you making bacon every week!
Easy Air Fryer Bacon
If there is one breakfast recipe to make in the air fryer, it’s bacon. It’s crispy and best of all, clean up is easy.
I’ve tested this fail-proof recipe more than 50 times by now because 4 year old has been asking me to make bacon constantly. I’ve even made frozen bacon in the air fryer because he wanted bacon and the whole block was frozen.
It takes just 10 minutes to get the best bacon in your life with no greasy splatter all over the stove.
Everything you’ll learn about cooking Bacon in the Air Fryer:
- Step-by-step instructions for cooking bacon in the air fryer
- My special trick for removing excess grease from your air fried bacon and keeping your air fryer clean!
- How to prevent your air fryer from smoking while your bacon cooks
- Techniques to make crispy bacon and non-crispy bacon in the air fryer
If you’re wondering how to cook bacon in the air fryer, you’ve come to the right place. After making this recipe, you’ll never go back to stovetop or microwave bacon!
How to Cook Bacon in Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place 1-2 pieces of bread at the bottom of your air fryer, under the basket. This will help catch any excess grease from causing a mess in your air fryer.
STEP TWO: In an even layer, put the bacon in your air fryer. If you’re using long bacon, cut the strips in half so they fit easily in your air fryer.
STEP THREE: Cook at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the bacon reaches your desired crispiness. Remove and enjoy immediately!
Bacon Air Fryer Tips
If you’ve never made air fryer bacon before there are a few tips you need to know about before you get started:
- Use these long tongs to remove the bacon from your air fryer. You’ll avoid burning yourself!
- Make sure that you use thick, uncured bacon for this recipe. It’s the most flavorful!
- When cooking bacon in the air fryer, don’t overcrowd the basket with multiple layers.
- For the crispiest bacon, flip the bacon strips halfway through.
- For added flavor, season the raw bacon before you air fry it. Options include pepper, maple syrup, or brown sugar!
How to Prevent Smoke when Cooking Bacon in Air Fryer
There are two ways to prevent your air fryer from smoking while cooking bacon:
- With bread: This method is my personal favorite. Place 1-2 pieces of bread underneath your air fryer’s basket. The bread acts as a sponge and soaks up any excess grease that could cause your air fryer to smoke!
- With water: Use this method if you don’t have any bread at home. Put a small amount of water in the drawer of your air fryer, which you’ll find under the basket. Be careful not to use too much water as this can make your bacon soggy.
It’s also important to clean your air fryer right after cooking the air fryer bacon to keep the grease from getting baked on. Learn all you need to know about cleaning your air fryer here!
What to Use Cooked Bacon for
Some of my favorite ways to use air fried bacon include this turkey sandwich, BLTs, on top of green bean casserole, and my all-time-favorite – mac and cheese. The bacon adds such a sweet and smokey flavor to the recipe.
Air Fry Bacon / Air Fryer FAQs
You can cook bacon in an air fryer, you just need to make sure that you cook it at the correct temperature. Verify that your air fryer is clean and preheat it to 350 degrees F.
This is the perfect temperature to get crispy bacon strips.
If your bacon is frozen, use our air fryer frozen bacon recipe here.
Yes, every type of air fryer should be preheated to ensure even cooking. These popular cooking appliances are known for making foods crispy and delicious.
To get the crispiness you’re after, you need to preheat.
How long to cook bacon in the air fryer depends on the thickness of the bacon:
– Regular Bacon: For crispy bacon, cook at 350 degrees F for 8-9 minutes. For non-crispy bacon, cook for 7 minutes.
– Thick Bacon: For the crispiest bacon, cook at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. For non-crispy bacon, cook for 9-10 minutes.
The best way to keep bacon from splattering is to monitor your temperature. I find cooking bacon higher than 350 degrees F causes it to splatter as it’s cooked faster.
If you find the bacon is still splattering, you can place a piece of bread under the basket or use ½ cup to 1 cup of water instead depending on the size of your air fryer.
For air fryer ovens, use a drip tray or piece of aluminum foil right underneath the crisper tray.
Other Recipes like Air Fry Bacon:
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- French Bread Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer
- Country-Style Ribs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Eggs (Scrambled!)
- The Best Air Fryer Keto Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Jalapenos
- 7 ounces of bacon (approximately 8 slices)
- 1-2 pieces of bread (to prevent smoking)
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place 1-2 pieces of bread at the bottom of your air fryer underneath the basket* then place bacon in the air fryer evenly in one layer. Cut bacon in half if too long.
- Cook in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, until it's at your desired crispiness.**
- Enjoy immediately.
*putting bread under the basket will catch any grease that may cause the air fryer to smoke
**cook bacon an additional 1-2 minutes to make extra crispy and for recipes that calls for bacon bits.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 902mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 18g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.