You’ll never use a griddle again after you try this air fryer bacon recipe. This 10-minute method will have you serving up the crispiest bacon ever, thanks to your air fryer!
Is there anything better than waking up to the smell of bacon in the morning? It’s hard to beat, in my opinion! Traditional ways of preparing breakfast can involve a lot of cleanups. One of the best parts about owning an air fryer is that cleanup is a breeze!
The star of the show at breakfast in my house is bacon. We pair it with eggs, pancakes, and sometimes I’ll make some extra to make a BLT for lunch. We also sometimes have breakfast for dinner, which my kids get a kick out of!
Cooking bacon in the air fryer makes things taste even better. This air fryer bacon recipe is so easy that it comes together in just 10 minutes.
For a full breakfast, why not try air fryer bacon and eggs? But, I’m getting ahead of myself. First, let’s learn how to cook bacon in the air fryer.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- Step-by-step instructions for cooking bacon in the air fryer
- My special trick for removing excess grease from your air fried bacon and keeping your air fryer clean!
- How to prevent your air fryer from smoking while your bacon cooks
- Techniques to make crispy bacon and non-crispy bacon in the air fryer
If you’re wondering how to cook bacon in the air fryer, you’ve come to the right place. After making this recipe, you’ll never go back to stovetop or microwave bacon!
How to Make Air Fryer Bacon
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place 1-2 pieces of bread at the bottom of your air fryer, under the basket. This will help catch any excess grease from causing a mess in your air fryer.
STEP TWO: In an even layer, put the bacon in your air fryer. If you’re using long bacon, cut the strips in half so they fit easily in your air fryer.
STEP THREE: Cook at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the bacon reaches your desired crispiness. Remove and enjoy immediately!
Tips for Making Crispy Bacon in the Air Fryer
If you’ve never made air fryer bacon before there are a few tips you need to know about before you get started:
- Use these long tongs to remove the bacon from your air fryer. You’ll avoid burning yourself!
- Make sure that you use thick, uncured bacon for this recipe. It’s the most flavorful!
- When cooking bacon in the air fryer, don’t overcrowd the basket with multiple layers.
- For the crispiest bacon, flip the bacon strips halfway through.
- For added flavor, season the raw bacon before you air fry it. Options include pepper, maple syrup, or brown sugar!
Can You Put Raw Bacon in An Air Fryer?
You can cook bacon in an air fryer, you just need to make sure that you cook it at the correct temperature. Verify that your air fryer is clean and preheat it to 350 degrees F.
This is the perfect temperature to get crispy bacon strips.
If your bacon is frozen, use our air fryer frozen bacon recipe here.
How to Prevent Your Air Fryer from Smoking While Cooking Bacon
There are two ways to prevent your air fryer from smoking while cooking bacon:
- With bread: This method is my personal favorite. Place 1-2 pieces of bread underneath your air fryer’s basket. The bread acts as a sponge and soaks up any excess grease that could cause your air fryer to smoke!
- With water: Use this method if you don’t have any bread at home. Put a small amount of water in the drawer of your air fryer, which you’ll find under the basket. Be careful not to use too much water as this can make your bacon soggy.
It’s also important to clean your air fryer right after cooking the air fryer bacon to keep the grease from getting baked on. Learn all you need to know about cleaning your air fryer here!
Do I Need to Preheat My Air Fryer?
Yes, every type of air fryer should be preheated to ensure even cooking. These popular cooking appliances are known for making foods crispy and delicious.
To get the crispiness you’re after, you need to preheat.
How Long Do You Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer?
How long to cook bacon in the air fryer depends on the thickness of the bacon:
- Regular Bacon: For crispy bacon, cook at 350 degrees F for 8-9 minutes. For non-crispy bacon, cook for 7 minutes.
- Thick Bacon: For the crispiest bacon, cook at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. For non-crispy bacon, cook for 9-10 minutes.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- French Bread Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer
- Country-Style Ribs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Eggs (Scrambled!)
- The Best Air Fryer Keto Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Jalapenos
- 7 ounces of bacon (approximately 8 slices)
- 1-2 pieces of bread (to prevent smoking)
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place 1-2 pieces of bread at the bottom of your air fryer underneath the basket* then place bacon in the air fryer evenly in one layer. Cut bacon in half if too long.
- Cook in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, until it's at your desired crispiness.**
- Enjoy immediately.
*putting bread under the basket will catch any grease that may cause the air fryer to smoke
**cook bacon an additional 1-2 minutes to make extra crispy and for recipes that calls for bacon bits.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 902mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 18g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.