Crispy bacon pairs perfectly with tender asparagus in my recipe for bacon wrapped asparagus in the air fryer! Serve as an appetizer or side dish for a filling — and unique — dish.
There’s a little saying that goes something like… “Everything is better with bacon.” Okay, maybe I’m making that up, but I’m sure you’ve heard something along the same lines. Bacon lovers are a passionate bunch. To be honest, so am I!
I’ve already shared these air fryer bacon, air fryer frozen bacon, and air fryer turkey bacon recipes. I also love making these bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers and my brussels sprouts with bacon. Hey, I told you I was a bacon lover too!
My recipe for bacon-wrapped asparagus in the air fryer comes together in under 30 minutes and with only two ingredients (it’s keto too!). Serve as an appetizer or as a side with roasted chicken. I’ve got even more serving suggestions down below!
Keep reading for my famous air fryer bacon-wrapped asparagus recipe, including the ingredients, how to make them, and what to pair them with.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How simple it is to prepare my air fryer asparagus bacon recipe
- Specific instructions on how to get perfectly cooked bacon-wrapped asparagus in the air fryer every time
- Serving suggestions and what to pair your air fryer asparagus bacon bundles with
This accidentally-Keto recipe is so easy to put together. All you’ll need is some bacon and asparagus spears, plus a bit of seasoning if you’d like.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Before you get started, make sure to wash and trim your asparagus spears. Do so by cutting off the thick ends.
STEP TWO: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. As it heats, make your air fryer bacon asparagus bundles by simply wrapping one slice of bacon around each asparagus stalk.
STEP THREE: Lay your bacon wrapped asparagus in the air fryer basket with the ends of the strips on the bottom to prevent them from curling. Leave enough space between each bundle so that the air can circulate freely!
Cook for 10 12 minutes, depending upon the thickness of your spears. Remove from the basket, squirt with a bit of lemon juice, and enjoy!
Tips For Making the Best Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- When you cook greasy foods (hello, bacon) in your air fryer, it may start to smoke. Don’t be alarmed! You likely just need to deep clean your appliance. Here are some other reasons why your air fryer might be smoking and how you can get it to stop.
- If you’re not sure where to start trimming your asparagus, hold the end of the spear between two fingers and try to bend it. Trim the stalk where it naturally bends!
- Add seasonings like cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, lemon juice, or paprika to incorporate more flavor. For a unique flavor combination, try brown sugar! Some other chefs like to pair these with cheese too.
What to Serve with Asparagus Bacon
- Potatoes: mashed, baked, air fried with ranch, or baby potatoes!
- Vegetables: carrots (glazed or roasted), green beans, or brussels sprouts.
- Chicken: cutlets, air fried, tenders, or any of these bone-in recipes.
How to Pick Ripe Asparagus
Opt for brightly colored stalks (there are green, purple, and white varieties) that are plump and firm to the touch — stay away from limp spears!
The tips should be compact and closed, and the full bundle should be able to stand upright on its own. Bonus points if your supermarket keeps them in water. This ensures freshness!
Should You Soak Asparagus Before Cooking?
You should always wash any fruits and veggies before consuming them. Some chefs soak their asparagus in order to clean them, but you don’t have to go to such lengths.
Simply rinse them thoroughly before starting your air fryer asparagus bacon recipe.
How Long to Cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer
Thicker stalks will take longer to cook. If you have thin asparagus, it will take about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F in the air fryer. If the stalk is thick, you may need to cook for up to 12 minutes.
Keep a close eye on your air fryer bacon-wrapped asparagus and poke with a fork to determine whether they’re cooked through or not.
How to Store Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
This dish is best served fresh, but you can store it in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Reheat them in the air fryer for about 2 minutes at 350 degrees F for best results!
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Garlic Parmesan Wings in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Best Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Asparagus with Parmesan
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 pound of bacon (regular sliced not thick)
- Wash and trim the ends of your asparagus.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around one stalk of asparagus.
- Lay your bacon-wrapped asparagus in your air fryer. If possible lay the ends of your bacon down flat to help keep them from curling. Leave space between your stalks so the air can circulate around them. I tried to do my first batch with my thicker stalks and they cooked for 12 minutes. Then in my second batch, I cooked my thinner ones for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Add seasoning of your choice, such as:
- red pepper flakes
- and more!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 955mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 19g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.