Air fryer frozen asparagus is the quick and easy veggie side you’ve been waiting for! The olive oil helps them get super crispy while seasonings add just the right flavor.
Want to add some green to your meal that doesn’t require a trip to the store? Air fryer frozen asparagus can go from freezer to table in just 15 minutes!
The trick is to start the frozen spears in the air fryer for a few minutes to help them thaw. After that, toss them in a bowl with some oil and seasonings, then let them finish air frying to perfection. It’s so easy!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make frozen asparagus in the air fryer that the whole family will devour
- Why you don’t need to thaw asparagus before making this recipe
- How long to cook frozen asparagus in the air fryer
- The best brands of frozen asparagus to use in this recipe
- What to serve with this easy veggie side
Whether your main course requires all of your attention or you’re just trying to get a well-rounded meal on the table fast, air fryer frozen asparagus is a great recipe to keep in your back pocket.
It’s hard to beat a 15-minute veggie dish the whole family will eat!
How to Make Frozen Asparagus in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Spray the inner basket with cooking oil.
STEP THREE: Place the frozen asparagus in a single layer in the basket, working in batches if necessary.
STEP FOUR: Air fry for 5 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Use tongs to transfer the asparagus to a large bowl. Drizzle the oil on top, then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss until all the spears are well-coated.
STEP SIX: Return the asparagus to the basket and air fry for another 3-5 minutes until fully cooked to your liking.
Should I Thaw Asparagus Before Cooking?
Not for this recipe! That’s what I love about making frozen asparagus in the air fryer. There’s no hassle or waiting around. I can go from freezer to table in 15 minutes flat.
How Long Do I Put Frozen Asparagus in the Air Fryer?
The first step is to cook your frozen asparagus for 5 minutes. This will thaw the spears, which allows the oil and seasonings to stick much better.
When you put the asparagus back in the air fryer, the cooking time is going to depend on how thick or thin the spears are and how many you have in the basket. Usually, another 3-5 minutes is plenty.
Be sure to check on them and pull them out once the asparagus reaches your desired level of crispiness!
Tips for Making the Best Frozen Asparagus in the Air Fryer
- Make sure you let the air fryer preheat. This will allow the spears to thaw quickly so they’ll be ready for the next step.
- Use rubber-tipped tongs so you don’t scratch the air fryer basket while transferring the asparagus in and out.
- When you mix the asparagus with the oil and seasoning, make sure each spear is nicely coated. You want every piece to get crispy and have that nice pop of flavor!
Best Brand of Frozen Asparagus
You can use any brand of frozen asparagus you like! I’ve tried this recipe with Birds Eye, Great Value, Good & Gather, and more. Each one turns out beautifully!
If you have fresh asparagus and you’re worried about cooking it in time, I wouldn’t recommend freezing it. This can cause it to lose a lot of color and texture, and the results just won’t be worth it.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Frozen Asparagus
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup
- Beef Wellington Without Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Steak
- Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
- Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese
Other Frozen Veggie Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Frozen Broccoli in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Corn on the Cob in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Frozen Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- 1 pound frozen asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Butter, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F. Spray the inner basket with cooking oil.
- Place the frozen asparagus in a single layer in the basket - you may need to work in batches. Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Open the basket and use tongs to transfer the asparagus to a large bowl. Drizzle the oil over, then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
- Return the asparagus to the basket and air fry for another 3-5 minutes, until fully cooked to your liking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.