Air fryer asparagus is coated with garlic and Parmesan cheese for a healthy side dish you’ll keep coming back to! It’s easy to prepare in just 10 minutes.
Cooking asparagus in the air fryer is truly the best and quickest way to cook it. You get crispy tips while the stalks cook to tender perfection.
Get garlicky, cheesy, and perfectly crispy air fried asparagus every time!
How to Cook Asparagus in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
STEP TWO: Clean your asparagus with water and pat dry. Then, cut about 1-inch off the bottom of each spear.
STEP THREE: Place your asparagus in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Sprinkle the asparagus with garlic salt plus a bit of pepper to taste before adding Parmesan cheese on top.
STEP FOUR: Air fry asparagus at 400 degrees F for 7-10 minutes and remove from the air fryer once tender, topping with parmesan cheese.
TIPS For Cooking Asparagus in the Air Fryer
- Air fry asparagus in a single layer for even cooking
- Trim asparagus enough so it fits easily in the air fryer — at least 1 inch off the bottom
- Use fresh asparagus that is bright green with a moist bottom — a woody bottom means an older asparagus pack
- This air fryer asparagus recipe is done when you can easily poke it with a fork
- Add more parmesan cheese on top when serving for added flavor
What to Serve with Roasted Asparagus in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Air Fryer Bone in Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chili Lime Pork Chops
How Long to Cook Asparagus in the Air fryer
Thin asparagus spears
Thin asparagus will cook in the air fryer in just 7 minutes.
Thick Asparagus Spears
Thick asparagus spears will take a little longer to cook and may need up to 10 minutes to be air fried.
Variations for Air Fryer Asparagus
- Skip the parmesan cheese and just serve with a simple salt, pepper, and garlic powder seasoning
- Coat the asparagus in a little balsamic vinegar and soy sauce for a new flavor profile
- Add some fresh lemon juice for an added fresh flavor
- Use a store-bought seasoning, like this Balsamic & Roasted Onion Veggie Roaster Seasoning Blend, for an easy new way to make asparagus
- Add some red pepper flakes to kick up the spice level
- Try adding Italian seasoning and smoked paprika for some extra flavor
- Cook the asparagus with bacon chunks for some added protein
Can You Cook Frozen Asparagus in the Air Fryer?
Yes! Cooking frozen asparagus in the air fryer comes out delicious and is super easy to make.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Place the frozen asparagus in a single layer in the basket and air fry for 8 to 13 minutes until fully cooked.
You can view my frozen air fryer asparagus recipe here for tips and how to season it.
How to Reheat Asparagus in the Air Fryer
Store leftover air fried asparagus in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the leftover asparagus in the basket and air frying until warmed, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with a little extra parmesan cheese and enjoy!
More Asparagus Recipes
More Easy Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Radishes
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Weight Watcher Points per serving: 1
Air Fryer Asparagus
A delicious and healthy air fryer asparagus recipe done in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese (powdered or grated)
- pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Clean asparagus and pat dry. Cut 1 inch off the bottom to take off the woody stems.
- Lay asparagus in a single layer in air fryer and spritz with oil.
- Sprinkle garlic salt evenly on top of asparagus. Season with pepper and then add a little Parmesan cheese across the top.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Thinner asparagus may cook faster.
- Once asparagus is removed from the air fryer, add a little more Parmesan cheese to finish it off!
- Enjoy immediately.
How to Reheat Asparagus in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place leftover asparagus in the air fryer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 18Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
3 thoughts on “Air Fryer Asparagus”
Now I need to get an airfryer after seeing THIS recipe…it looks like perfection. Thank you!
Absolutely lovely! And so quick and easy. Thank you for posting. : )
I followed your directions and it came out great, thank you. I will try it over and over again.