For a mouthwatering side that will have the whole family reaching for seconds, sliced potatoes in the air fryer are ready in just half an hour and simply irresistible!
Looking for an easy side the whole family will devour? Air fryer potato slices are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and downright irresistible!
Best of all, prep is a breeze. Just slice, toss with oil and seasoning, and let the air fryer handle the rest. They’re ready in less than half an hour.
Seriously, my family can’t get enough of these delightful little slices!
They’re almost like a chip with their shape and crispy texture, but with just enough softness on the inside to make them oh-so-satisfying.
How to Make Sliced Potatoes in the Air fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Toss the potato slices with the oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
STEP THREE: Spread the potato slices as evenly as possible in the air fryer basket.
STEP FOUR: Cook for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
STEP FIVE: Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Potato Slices
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Taco Lasagna
Sauces for Dipping Air Fried Potato Slices
- 2 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
- Avocado Crema
- Honey Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
Variations for Air Fryer Sliced Potatoes
- Switch up your seasonings! Add some smoked paprika, onion powder, cumin, lemon pepper, or any other tasty combinations.
- For extra crispy slices, sprinkle a little cornstarch over the potato slices with the oil and seasonings.
- Add a little Parmesan cheese when you flip the potato slices for some extra flavor and crunch!
- Spray the potato slices with an extra spritz of oil when you flip them to get the outsides even crispier.
How Long to Cook Sliced Potatoes in the Air Fryer
This is going to depend on the make and model of your air fryer and the thickness of the potatoes.
If they’re sliced to ¼-inch thickness, it should only take about 15 minutes to get super crispy potato slices in the air fryer.
You want the outsides to be crunchy and golden-brown while the insides should be melt-in-your-mouth soft.
If they aren’t quite crispy enough, let them keep cooking for another minute or two.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Sliced Potatoes
- Ensure the potato slices are evenly coated in the oil and seasoning mix to maximize flavor and get the best results.
- Lay the potato slices in the air fryer in as close to a single layer as possible. A little overlap is okay.
- Always flip the potatoes halfway through the cooking time so they can crisp up on all sides as the hot air circulates.
- Serve air fried potato slices right away! You want them to be hot and crispy right out of the fryer.
- To store leftover potato slices, let them cool to room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container. They’ll stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheat sliced potatoes in the air fryer at 380 degrees F until crispy and heated all the way through.
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes
- Smashed Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Other Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Air Fryer Radishes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 1 pound yellow potatoes, peeled and sliced into ¼” slices
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 F.
- Toss the potato slices with the oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes as evenly as possible in the basket, then cook for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.