You won’t believe how easy it is to make hot and delicious garlic bread in the air fryer! This simple recipe will have the whole family reaching for seconds.
I love having a side of bread with any family meal. It’s great for soaking up extra sauce or enjoying between bites of your main course.
But if you’re feeling bored of plain old bread and want something a little more fun, that’s the perfect time to make this easy garlic bread in the air fryer!
You’re going to love how simple this recipe is!
You only need five ingredients and about ten minutes to make it! It’s even faster than toasting garlic bread in the oven.
You also have the option to add some mozzarella and Parmesan if you’re craving garlic cheese bread.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make air fryer garlic bread from scratch
- What cheese to add on top of your garlic bread
- How to make air fryer frozen garlic bread
- How to use your air fryer to reheat garlic bread
Air fryer garlic bread is so delicious, you can pretty much guarantee that the whole family will be reaching for second helpings.
Once you see how easy it is to make from scratch, you’ll never want to order delivery again!
How To Make Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
STEP TWO: Cut the bread in half or to a size that will fit in your air fryer.
STEP THREE: In a small bowl, mix the softened butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
STEP FOUR: Baste the garlic butter mixture on top of the bread, spreading it in an even layer.
STEP FIVE: Place the garlic bread in the air fryer in a single layer and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes.
STEP SIX: If using cheese, add the shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan when there are 1 to 2 minutes left to cook. Remove from the enjoy, slice, and enjoy!
Want oven directions instead? Try out our baked homemade garlic bread recipe!
What Bread is Best to Use for Making Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer?
I like to use French or Italian Pane bread. These loaves are what you’ll most often see if you order garlic bread at a restaurant.
While they can come in a variety of shapes and sizes, a French baguette is typically going to be longer and skinnier. Italian loaves tend to be shorter and fatter.
So, if one shape appeals to you over the other, go ahead and choose that loaf!
What Kind of Cheese Can You Use on Garlic Bread?
For traditional cheesy garlic bread, I recommend using a combination of mozzarella and parmesan. The mozzarella will melt beautifully, and the parmesan adds classic flavor.
That being said, you can use any kind of cheese that melts well. Colby jack is another popular option for this reason.
How to Store Garlic Bread
Have some leftover slices? Lucky you! Garlic bread is great fresh, but will also keep very well.
Because we’re using dairy products like butter and cheese, you need to store garlic bread in the refrigerator.
I recommend placing it in a plastic gallon bag or airtight container, and it will keep in the fridge for up to five days.
How to Cook Frozen Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer
Wouldn’t you love to have some garlic bread prepared and waiting in your freezer? Just follow these easy steps!
I love to use fresh garlic bread that I freeze, but we also always have a loaf of frozen Pepperidge Farms Garlic Cheese Bread.
We cook half at a time and the full half fits in my Cosori Air Fryer diagonally perfectly!
Here are the directions to cook air fryer frozen garlic bread.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the frozen garlic bread in the air fryer and cook for about 5 minutes, until thoroughly heated.
How to Freeze Your Garlic Bread For Later
- Slice the loaf in half longways or to fit your air fryer. Mix up the butter garlic mixture included in the recipe, then spread it on top of the bread.
- Seal the bread in plastic zipper bags, wrap the bags in tinfoil, and store in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the garlic bread from the tin foil and plastic bag, then place it in a single layer in the air fryer following the directions above.
How to Reheat Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 330 degrees.
- Once hot, place the leftover garlic bread slices in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until heated through.
What Dishes Go Well With This Recipe?
- Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak
- Frozen Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- Air Fryer Shrimp with Lemon and Pepper
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- Air Fryer Cornbread
- Texas Toast in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- Ninja Foodi Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Crescent Rolls
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Corn on the Cob in the Air Fryer
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer
It’s so easy to make hot and delicious garlic bread in the air fryer! Best of all, you only need a few ingredients and about 10 minutes.
- 1 half loaf of bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- small pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley for serving/topping
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread in half or sized to fit your air fryer.
- Mix the softened butter, garlic, italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Baste the garlic butter mixture on top of the bread evenly.
- Place the garlic bread in the air fryer side by side and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. If using cheese, add the cheese with just 1 to 2 minutes left to cook.
- Remove the garlic bread from your air fryer, slice, and serve!
How to Cook Frozen Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the garlic bread for about 5 minutes until garlic bread is thoroughly warmed.
How to Reheat Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 330 degrees.
2. Place the leftover garlic bread in the air fryer and cook for about 2 minutes, until warmed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 590mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
3 thoughts on “Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer”
i have a power air fryer pro elite. can i make this recipe on the racks instead of the basket?
Oh, yes, an air fryer oven like that will work great. If you’re using multiple racks, I recommend swapping the racks halfway through cooking. The top bread can get a little brown on the top, especially if you put cheese on top.
Tasted really amazing and delicious! Super easy to make as well, will surely have this again! Highly recommended! Loved it!