Air fryer garlic bread is a quick, easy way to make your whole family excited for dinner. Even better, this cheesy, garlicky, buttery masterpiece comes together in less than ten minutes!
Whether you need a quick side dish for a pasta dinner or are looking for a mouthwatering appetizer for any meal, learning how to air fry garlic bread is a no-brainer. This quick, easy, and simple recipe is always a crowd-pleaser.
Once your family smells the irresistible aroma of garlic toast in the air fryer, they are sure to come running your way — with appetites ready. It’s so delicious, I recommend you make extra just in case!
How To Make Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Slice the bread in half or cut it into pieces that will fit easily into your air fryer.
STEP THREE: In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic.
STEP FOUR: Brush the garlic butter mixture evenly over the top of the bread.
STEP FIVE: Place the bread pieces, side by side, in the air fryer basket and cook for about 6-7 minutes. If you are planning on adding cheese, place it on the top of the bread with about 1-2 minutes left on the timer.
STEP SIX: Remove the garlic cheese bread from the air fryer. Slice as desired, serve, and enjoy!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Ninja Foodi Spaghetti
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
- Air Fryer Swordfish
- Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
Tips to Make the Best Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Be sure to preheat. To air fry garlic bread with the most success, be sure to preheat your air fryer. That way, your air fried garlic toast will come out evenly toasted and beautifully crispy.
- Don’t overcrowd. For the best garlic toast in the air fryer, make sure the pieces of cut bread have enough room for air to circulate around them. Air fryers rely on space for even cooking, so it is vital!
- Serve warm. Air fryer garlic bread is best served right away, when the cheese is still warm and melted.
Variations to Air Fry Garlic Bread
- Try different breads. I like to make this recipe with a fresh, not frozen, loaf of crusty bread. I prefer to start with a French bread baguette or a nice Italian loaf like Italian Pane bread. You can also opt for thick, Texas toast-style slices or even wheat bread. I assure you, this delicious air fryer cheesy garlic bread will be good on just about any loaf!
- Switch up the cheese. I recommend a combination of mozzarella and parmesan for the best flavor, best texture, and best melt-ability. That being said, feel free to add any of your favorites to this delicious air fryer bread from cheddar to Colby Jack and beyond. In my opinion, more cheese makes everything better!
- Add herbs. Go ahead and toss some of your favorite herbs into the butter mixture like dried basil or fresh parsley.
- Make it in the oven. If you feel like being a bit more traditional, check out this recipe for our Homemade Baked Garlic Bread.
More Air Fryer Side Dishes
- Ninja Foodi Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
How Long To Cook Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer?
When making this garlic bread recipe with sliced bread that is not frozen, you’ll want to cook it for about 6-7 minutes at 350 degrees F.
When air frying frozen garlic bread in your air fryer oven, set your timer for about 5 minutes instead.
I find these time ranges are best for evenly toasted, perfectly crispy bread. However, in both cases feel free to adjust the cook time to achieve your desired crispiness.
How to Reheat Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer?
My whole family goes nuts for this recipe, so we almost never have leftovers. Don’t worry though, it is really easy to store leftover garlic bread.
Store your leftover air fry garlic bread in an airtight container or Ziploc bag, in the refrigerator, for up to five days.
Once you are ready to reheat it, simply place the garlic toast in the air fryer in a single layer and cook for about 2 minutes at 350 degrees F. It’s that easy!
More Air Fryer Recipes with Bread
- Air Fryer Cornbread
- Air Fryer White Bread
- Air Fryer Crescent Rolls
- Air Fryer Garlic Knots
- Air Fryer Croutons
- Air Fryer Texas Toast
- French Bread Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- 1 half loaf of bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- small pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley for serving/topping
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread in half or sized to fit your air fryer.
- Mix the softened butter, garlic, italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Baste the garlic butter mixture on top of the bread evenly.
- Place the garlic bread in the air fryer side by side and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. If using cheese, add the cheese with just 1 to 2 minutes left to cook.
- Remove the garlic bread from your air fryer, slice, and serve!
How to Cook Frozen Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the garlic bread for about 5 minutes until garlic bread is thoroughly warmed.
How to Reheat Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 330 degrees.
2. Place the leftover garlic bread in the air fryer and cook for about 2 minutes, until warmed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 590mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.