This is the best air fryer hard boiled eggs recipe around. If you need easy-to-peel eggs every time, this is your recipe! They taste so fresh that you will never want to make hard boiled eggs on the stove again.
Why you should Hard Boil Eggs in Air Fryer
Here is the only fool-proof way to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer. Most people don’t preheat their air fryer causing their eggs to cook unevenly. I’ve also mastered how to make the eggs easy to peel every single time you make them. Even my kids can peel them easily!
This recipe gets a rich and buttery perfect yellow yolk every time. You can try my air fryer soft boiled egg recipe if you like a runnier yolk.
Can you make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer?
How to Hard Boil Eggs in Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 270 degrees F (130 degrees Celcius).
STEP TWO: Place the cold large eggs in the air fryer, preferably on a wire rack. You can cook the eggs without a rack, but I find it helps the eggs from moving to make perfectly boiled eggs.
STEP THREE: Cooking the eggs for 15-17 minutes. Carefully remove the air fried hard boiled eggs and immediately place them in a bowl full of cold water and ice cubes until cool, at least 5 minutes.
Peel the eggs and top with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Tips for making a Hard Boiled Egg in Air Fryer
- Use an air fryer rack to prevent your eggs from cracking.
- Use older eggs for easy peeling — I like to use mine when they’re set to expire in a week to use them all up.
- Use an ice bath as soon as the air fried eggs are done cooking! — This will prevent your eggs from continuing to cook after you’ve removed them from the air fryer.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer for a stiffer egg yolk
- Cook about 2 minutes less for jammy eggs or air fryer soft boiled eggs.
- Air fry in a single layer when cooking hard boiled eggs for even cooking
How to use Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Top a simple pasta salad with your air fryer eggs
- Chop them up and use them in an egg salad
- Use hard boiled eggs in a breakfast burrito or egg sandwich recipe
- Serve alongside hash browns in the air fryer. Add some air fryer bacon for extra protein!
- Add your air fryer boiled eggs to this chili lime sweet potato Buddha bowl to make it even more filling.
- Make deviled eggs — you can try out our deviled eggs recipes without mayo, without vinegar, and without mustard.
How to store Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Store air fried hard boiled eggs in the fridge for up to one week, whether they are peeled or unpeeled.
If your air fryer eggs are peeled, place them in a bowl of cold water and cover the bowl. Make sure to replace the water daily!
Alternatively, you could place them in an airtight container with a damp paper towel to keep them fresh.
If your air fryer boiled eggs are unpeeled, store them in a container in the fridge.
Hard Boiled Eggs Air Fryer FAQs
No! Boiling eggs in the air fryer will not cause them to explode. Make sure to follow temperature and cook times to prevent any sort of cooking mishaps.
Air fried eggs cook in just 15-17 minutes. If you want a soft yolk, remove your hard boiled eggs around the 15-minute mark. For a firm yolk, cook for 17-20 minutes.
Brown spots on your cooked eggs just mean that you haven’t cleaned the heating coils of your air fryer in a while. It won’t ruin your eggs, but you may want to consider cleaning your air fryer ASAP!
After cooking your eggs, place them in ice cold water immediately for at least 5 minutes, but I recommend 15 or more minutes. This will completely cool the eggs down and make them easier to peel.
Another hack to getting easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs is to use older eggs. Newer eggs tend to cling to the egg shells more causing them to be harder to peel.
Yes, you can overcook eggs in the air fryer. Overcooked eggs will become rubbery and the egg yolks will start to turn green along the outsides.
To avoid overcooking, place the eggs in an ice bath as soon as they are done cooking in the air fryer. This stops the cooking process immediately.
More Egg Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Fried Eggs
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- Deviled Eggs without Mayo
- Deviled Eggs without Vinegar
- Deviled Eggs without Mustard
- Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
How to Cook Air Fryer Boiled Eggs at 300 degrees
If your air fryer does not go down to 270 degrees F, you can use this method instead.
Place your eggs in the air fryer at 300 degrees F and cook for about 12 to 13 minutes (150 degrees Celcius).
More great Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Croutons
Air Fryer Weight Watcher Points per serving: 0
- 1 to 12 eggs (large)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 270 degrees F.
- Place eggs in the air fryer, preferably on a wire rack, and cook for 15-17 minutes.
- Immediately place eggs in a bowl full of cold water and ice until cool, at least 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs and top with salt and pepper or refrigerate up to one week.
Older eggs will peel easier than fresher eggs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.