This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Your favorite egg recipe just got a makeover. An easy and fast alternative to boiling eggs on your stovetop, these air fryer hard boiled eggs are cooked to perfection every time!
In my house, eggs are a staple! We often enjoy air fryer scrambled eggs or air fryer fried eggs for breakfast, and I’ve also been known to top some of my favorite salads with poached or hard-boiled eggs. Deviled eggs are also a huge hit – I have two recipes that I swear by: deviled eggs without mustard and deviled eggs without vinegar.
Speaking of hard-boiled eggs, I love preparing mine in my air fryer. There’s nothing I can’t stand more than waiting for a pot to boil just to prepare a few boiled eggs. When you use your air fryer, you’ll have perfect eggs in under 20 minutes. And no more waiting around for that pesky water to boil!
All you’ll need to complete this recipe is some eggs, an air fryer, and an air fryer rack. Keep reading for everything else you need to know about how to hard boil eggs in the air fryer!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The ingredients and materials needed to make the best hard-boiled eggs in the air fryer. Hint: they’re minimal!
- How to hard boil eggs in the air fryer, including temperature and the fast cook time.
- Answers to frequently asked questions about cooking eggs in the air fryer, plus some special tips!
Air fryer eggs aren’t complicated to make, but you do need to be aware of some specifics before you get started. Let’s jump in!
How to Make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
STEP TWO: Place the eggs in the air fryer, preferably on a wire rack. You can technically do without the rack if you’re in a crunch, but I prefer using one for air fryer boiled eggs. It will help prevent the shells from cracking!
STEP THREE: Cook the eggs for 15-17 minutes. Remove the air fried hard boiled eggs and immediately place them in a bowl full of cold water and ice until cool, at least 5 minutes. Peel the eggs and top with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Tips for Making Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer Every Time
- Use an air fryer rack to prevent your eggs from cracking.
- Don’t skip the ice bath! This will prevent your eggs from continuing to cook after you’ve removed them from the air fryer. If your eggs are still warm to the touch, leave them in the ice water until they are fully cooled.
- Cook for slightly longer if you want a stiffer yolk and a little less for jammy eggs or even soft boiled eggs.
- Use slightly older eggs for easy peeling. I like to use mine when they’re set to expire in a week to use them all up.
Ways to Use Hard Boiled Eggs
- Top this simple Italian pasta salad with your air fryer eggs.
- Replace the scrambled eggs for air fryer hard boiled eggs in this breakfast burrito recipe.
- Serve alongside hash browns in the air fryer. Add some air fryer bacon for extra protein!
- Add your air fryer boiled eggs to this chili lime sweet potato Buddha bowl to make it even more filling.
Will Eggs Explode in the Air Fryer?
No! Cooking eggs in the air fryer will not cause them to explode. Make sure to follow temperature and cook times to prevent any sort of cooking mishaps.
How Long Does It Take to Hard Boil an Egg in an Air Fryer?
Set your air fryer to 270 degrees F and place your eggs inside. Cook for 15-17 minutes. If you want a soft yolk, remove your eggs around the 15-minute mark. For a firm yolk, cook for 17-20 minutes.
What Are the Brown Spots on My Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs?
Don’t panic if you see brown spots on your air fryer hard boiled eggs. This just means that you haven’t cleaned the heating coils of your air fryer in a while. It won’t ruin your eggs, but you may want to consider cleaning your air fryer ASAP!
How Long Are Hard Boiled Eggs Good For?
Air fried hard boiled eggs will keep best in the fridge for up to one week, whether they are peeled or unpeeled. If your air fryer eggs are peeled, place them in a bowl of cold water and cover the bowl. Make sure to replace the water daily! Alternatively, you could place them in an airtight container with a damp paper towel to keep them fresh.
If your air fryer boiled eggs are unpeeled, store them in a container in the fridge.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Baked Sweet Potato in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders – No Breading
- 50+ Air Fryer Keto Recipes
- The Best Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Air Fryer Weight Watcher Points per serving: 0
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 270 degrees F.
- Place eggs in the air fryer, preferably on a wire rack, and cook for 15-17 minutes.
- Immediately place eggs in a bowl full of cold water and ice until cool, at least 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs and top with salt and pepper or refrigerate up to one week.
Older eggs will peel easier than fresher eggs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.