An easy and fast alternative to boiling eggs on your stovetop, these air fryer hard boiled eggs are cooked to perfection every time!
Preparing hard boiled eggs in the air fryer is so easy and the best way to make them! There’s nothing worse than waiting for a pot on the stove top to boil just to prepare a few hard cooked eggs.
Now you can cook one egg to 12 hard boiled eggs in the air fryer in just minutes! And you don’t need any water.
All you’ll need to complete air frying eggs is some cold eggs, an air fryer, and an optional air fryer rack. Keep reading for everything else you need to know about how to hard boiled eggs in the air fryer!
Air fryer eggs aren’t complicated to make and it is by far my favorite method to use. Plus they are easy to peel!
Can You Cook Eggs in the Air Fryer?
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 270 degrees F (130 degrees Celcius).
STEP TWO: Place the cold large eggs in the air fryer, preferably on a wire rack. You can cook the eggs without a rack, but I find it helps the eggs from moving to make perfectly boiled eggs.
STEP THREE: Cooking the eggs for 15-17 minutes. Carefully remove the air fried hard boiled eggs and immediately place them in a bowl full of cold water and ice cubes until cool, at least 5 minutes.
Peel the eggs and top with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Tips for Making Perfect Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs Every Time
- Use an air fryer rack to prevent your eggs from cracking.
- Use older eggs for easy peeling — I like to use mine when they’re set to expire in a week to use them all up.
- Use an ice bath as soon as the air fried eggs are done cooking! — This will prevent your eggs from continuing to cook after you’ve removed them from the air fryer.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer for a stiffer egg yolk
- Cook about 2 minutes less for jammy eggs or air fryer soft boiled eggs.
- Air fry in a single layer when cooking hard boiled eggs for even cooking
Ways to Use Hard Boiled Eggs
- Top a simple pasta salad with your air fryer eggs
- Chop them up and use them in an egg salad
- Use hard boiled eggs in a breakfast burrito or egg sandwich recipe
- Serve alongside hash browns in the air fryer. Add some air fryer bacon for extra protein!
- Add your air fryer boiled eggs to this chili lime sweet potato Buddha bowl to make it even more filling.
- Make deviled eggs — you can try out our deviled eggs recipes without mayo, without vinegar, and without mustard.
Will Eggs Explode in the Air Fryer?
No! Boiling eggs in the air fryer will not cause them to explode. Make sure to follow temperature and cook times to prevent any sort of cooking mishaps.
How Long Does It Take to Hard Boil Eggs in an Air Fryer?
Air fried eggs cook in just 15-17 minutes. If you want a soft yolk, remove your hard boiled eggs around the 15-minute mark. For a firm yolk, cook for 17-20 minutes.
What Are the Brown Spots on My Hard Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer?
Brown spots on your cooked eggs just mean that you haven’t cleaned the heating coils of your air fryer in a while. It won’t ruin your eggs, but you may want to consider cleaning your air fryer ASAP!
How Long Are Hard Boiled Eggs Good For?
Store air fried hard boiled eggs in the fridge for up to one week, whether they are peeled or unpeeled.
If your air fryer eggs are peeled, place them in a bowl of cold water and cover the bowl. Make sure to replace the water daily!
Alternatively, you could place them in an airtight container with a damp paper towel to keep them fresh.
If your air fryer boiled eggs are unpeeled, store them in a container in the fridge.
More Egg Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- Air Fryer Fried Eggs
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- Deviled Eggs without Mayo
- Deviled Eggs without Vinegar
- Deviled Eggs without Mustard
- Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
How to Cook Air Fryer Boiled Eggs at 300 degrees
If your air fryer does not go down to 270 degrees F, you can use this method instead.
Place your eggs in the air fryer at 300 degrees F and cook for about 12 to 13 minutes (150 degrees Celcius).
More great Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Croutons
Air Fryer Weight Watcher Points per serving: 0
- 1 to 12 eggs (large)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 270 degrees F.
- Place eggs in the air fryer, preferably on a wire rack, and cook for 15-17 minutes.
- Immediately place eggs in a bowl full of cold water and ice until cool, at least 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs and top with salt and pepper or refrigerate up to one week.
Older eggs will peel easier than fresher eggs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.