Ditch the stove-top method and try making a fried egg in the air fryer! It’s so easy to cook your eggs to perfection every time, plus this method uses a fraction of the oil.
Looking for a delicious breakfast you can feel good about eating? If eggs with crispy edges and luscious, runny yolks are your idea of perfection, you have to try making a fried egg in the air fryer!
Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, your eggs can get those glorious golden edges with only a fraction of the oil or grease you need for stove-top frying. It’s a no-fuss method that will have breakfast ready in about ten minutes!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The best way to make air fryer eggs over easy
- How long to cook a fried egg in the air fryer
- How to make air fried eggs over easy using a cake pan, pie pan, or ramekin
- What to serve with air fryer eggs over easy
If you’ve ever wondered whether or not you can fry eggs in the air fryer, I’m here to tell you the answer is yes! And when it’s this easy, you might find yourself whipping them up at all times of day. You can throw an egg on top of a burger, treat the family to breakfast for dinner, or enjoy them all on their own!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Fried Eggs in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Spray 2 small (3- to 4-inch) cake or pie pans with non-stick cooking spray, then place them in the basket of an air fryer. You can use an EVO Oil Mister or normal non-stick spray as this will not be touching your air fryer, unlike when using non-stick sprays directly in the air fryer.
STEP TWO: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 2 minutes.
STEP THREE: Crack an egg into each pan and carefully close the air fryer.
STEP FOUR: Cook the eggs in the air fryer for 3 minutes until most of the white is set.
STEP FIVE: Lower the heat to 300 degrees F and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
STEP SIX: Season with salt and pepper and serve.
How Long to Cook Fried Eggs in the Air Fryer
Keep in mind that every machine is slightly different. Cooking eggs in the air fryer may require a little bit of experimentation to find your perfect time.
That being said, I find that cooking eggs at 350 degrees F for 3 minutes and then at 300 degrees F for another 1 to 2 minutes gives me perfect over-easy eggs every time. For this method, you definitely want to preheat the air fryer for at least 2 minutes first.
Prefer your eggs cooked a little more? Simply increase how long you keep the temperature at 350 degrees F. I recommend cooking them for 5 minutes at that temperature for over medium, or 7 minutes for over hard.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Fried Egg
- Always preheat your air fryer. This will give you the most even cooking and allow your eggs to really crisp up on the outside.
- If you’re worried about the yolks breaking, try cracking your eggs into a small bowl first and then pouring them into the cake or pie pan.
- Make sure to spray the cake or pie pans so the eggs will slide out easily once cooked.
Ways to Serve Air Fryer Eggs Over Easy
- With Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties or Hash Browns in the Air Fryer
- Alongside Air Fryer Bacon, Sausage in the Air Fryer, or Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
- Over crispy Toast in the Air Fryer
- On top of Air Fryer Hamburgers or Frozen Hamburgers in the Air Fryer
- Next to some fluffy Air Fryer Biscuits
How to Make Sunny Side Up Eggs
Technically, this recipe IS for sunny side up eggs. When cooked on the stove top, cooking eggs over easy means carefully flipping the egg so it fries on both sides.
When we make fried eggs in the air fryer, on the other hand, there’s no need to flip them because the hot air will cook them on all sides. So you can really refer to these air fryer eggs as over easy or sunny side up.
What Kind of Pan Can I Use in the Air Fryer?
I recommend using 4-inch mini springform pans like these ones from Wilton. They come in a 3-piece set so you can cook more than one egg in the air fryer at a time! They’re also fun for making mini cakes, mini pies, and more.
Can I Use a Ramekin to Make Eggs in the Air Fryer?
Sure thing! Just keep in mind that the egg may be thicker depending on the size of the ramekin, so you’ll want to allow more time for it to fully set. Here’s a great ramekin set to use!
Other Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- 5-Ingredient Hash Brown Casserole
- 25 Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Spray the insides of 2 small (3- to 4-inch) cake or pie pans with non-stick cooking spray, then place them in the basket of an air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 2 minutes. Crack an egg into each pan and carefully close the air fryer.
- Cook for 3 minutes until most of the white is set. Lower the heat to 300 degrees F and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 372mgSodium: 724mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 13g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.