Craving jammy eggs but don’t want to go through the trouble of cooking on the stove? Air fryer soft boiled eggs are a fool-proof way to get perfectly-cooked eggs every time!
Want some jammy eggs to enjoy with breakfast, over a salad, or with some homemade ramen?
Air fryer soft boiled eggs are ready in just 25 minutes and are totally hassle-free!
No more fussing with the stove or trying to get the timing right.
Just preheat the air fryer, cook the eggs for 10 minutes, soak in the ice bath for 10 minutes, and serve. It’s that easy.
Soft boiled eggs are a great addition to almost any meal. You can also cook a bunch at once and store them in the refrigerator for an easy high-protein snack any time!
How to Make Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 275 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Once heated, place the eggs in the air fryer basket.
STEP THREE: Cook for 10 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Use tongs to immediately transfer the soft boiled eggs to the ice water bath.
STEP FIVE: Allow to cool in the ice bath for at least 10 minutes.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Bananas Fosters Pancakes
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Instant Pot Bacon
- Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
- Tater Tot Casserole with No Meat
How Long to Cook Soft Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer
At 275 degrees F, 10 minutes will be the perfect amount of time to cook soft boiled eggs. Just be sure to transfer them to the ice bath right away to stop the cooking process.
If you want to make air fryer medium boiled eggs, which are still jammy but a bit more set, increase the cooking time to 12-13 minutes.
You’ll still want to let them sit in the ice bath for at least 10 minutes afterwards.
For hard boiled eggs, increase the cooking time to 14-15 minutes.
Keep in mind that cooking times can vary slightly depending on your air fryer as well as the starting temperature of the eggs.
If the eggs have been sitting at room temperature, you may want to reduce the cooking time by a minute or two.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- Timing is everything. If you want to find your perfect cooking time, start with 4 eggs in the air fryer. Take one out at 10 minutes, one at 11 minutes, one at 12 minutes, and one at 13 minutes. Find which one you like best!
- Choose eggs with smooth, uncracked shells. If you try to soft boil an egg with a cracked shell, it may not cook properly.
- Have the ice bath ready when the eggs finish cooking. You want to get them into the ice water as quickly as possible so they don’t overcook.
- If the ice in the ice bath is melting, add more ice on top of the eggs. If the water isn’t cold enough, it might not stop the eggs from cooking.
- Store leftover soft boiled eggs in the refrigerator.
- To reheat soft boiled eggs, drop them in a bowl of warm-to-hot water and let them soak for 10-20 minutes. The water should warm the eggs up, but not be hot enough to actually cook the eggs more.
More Easy Egg Recipes
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- Air Fryer Poached Eggs
- Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Deviled Eggs Without Mayo
- Deviled Eggs Without Vinegar
- Easy Deviled Eggs Without Mustard
- Fried Eggs in the Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs
Other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Frozen Bacon in the Air Fryer
- Hash Browns in the Air Fryer
- Toast in the Air Fryer
- 4 eggs
- Ice water
- Preheat your air fryer to 275 F.
- Place eggs in the basket and cook for 10 minutes.
- Use tongs to transfer eggs to ice water bath for at least 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.