These air fryer French toast sticks are the perfect breakfast treat to make when you’re in a pinch for time. They’re filled with cinnamon and vanilla for the sweetest results!
French toast has always been one of my favorite breakfast foods. I’ve long wondered the best way to make them crispy as I’ve ended up with mushy results in the past. My solution?
My trusty air fryer, of course! An air fryer creates the perfect environment to achieve crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside French toast. I also love slicing mine into stick form. It’s ideally for dipping into maple syrup!
My French toast sticks air fryer recipe makes for the perfect breakfast. You can feel free to use whatever type of bread you like — white, wheat, whole grain, or even a sweet bread for a decadent morning treat. You’ll prepare them just like you would traditional French toast.
The only difference is that you don’t have to worry about using your stovetop! That means you’ll spend a lot less time cleaning up, and a lot more time enjoying your creation. What better than that?
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The ingredients you’ll need to make French toast sticks in the air fryer.
- Advice on what to do when your air fryer French toast sticks get stuck inside your air fryer basket.
- The best way to freeze French toast sticks and how to reheat them in your air fryer.
If you’re looking to update your breakfast routine, you’re going to love this French toast sticks air fryer recipe! I’ll teach you everything you need to know to make them yourself at home.
I used the Cosori 5.8QT Air Fryer to make this recipe. Its square basket helps fit enough French Toast Soldiers for my entire family of 4!
How to Make Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F. While it heats, cut each piece of bread into thirds and set it to the side. Next, create your French toast coating.
STEP TWO: Place the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and salt into a wide and shallow dish. Use a whisk to combine. Dip each piece of bread into the dish. Make sure that you coat every inch for the most delicious results.
STEP THREE: Lay a piece of round parchment paper in your air fryer and place each French toast stick inside. Don’t skip out on the parchment paper as it helps to prevent sticking. Make sure to air fry one layer at a time. You can always cook it in batches if necessary.
STEP FOUR: Air fry for 10 minutes, being sure to flip halfway through. Remove your air fryer French toast sticks and enjoy right away!
Why Is My French Toast Sticking To The Air Fryer?
While most foods don’t stick to the inside of an air fryer basket, recipes with a wet batter will stick to the basket. These French toast sticks in the air fryer and my Air Fryer Hush Puppies are just a few examples!
You can avoid this by using a small parchment round. They work great for everyday use or just when cooking things that may stick more than usual. They’re also super cheap for a package of 100! We bought a package last year and still have more than half of them left!
Can I Freeze Air Fryer French Toast Sticks?
Most definitely! After you’ve cooked your French toast sticks in the air fryer, make sure that they have cooled completely.
Place them on a parchment paper or wax paper-lined baking sheet in one layer and freeze for 1-2 hours.
Remove the baking sheet from the freezer and place the now-frozen French toast sticks into a freezer-safe container or bag. They will keep for up to 3 months!
Can I Air Fry Frozen French Toast Sticks?
You can! Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees F.
Place the frozen French toast sticks in the basket (you don’t need to worry about the parchment paper this time) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Enjoy with a bit of maple syrup immediately!
Can I Make Regular French Toast In The Air Fryer?
I love serving up air fryer French toast sticks, but you can definitely use the same method to make traditional French toast!
The texture will feel more like a normal French toast cooked on a griddle, whereas the French toast sticks come out crispy (but not dry). Remember that you’ll need to use parchment paper to line the basket here too.
You can air fry full-size French toast in just 7 minutes.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- 5 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Maple syrup for dipping
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Cut each piece of bread into 3 equal pieces and set aside.
- Put the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and salt into a wide shallow dish. Whisk to combine.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to coat on all sides.
- Place a piece of parchment round paper inside the air fryer and place each french toast stick in one single layer on top of the parchment round (needed to prevent sticking).
- Cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Carefully remove the air fryer french toast sticks from the air fryer and enjoy immediately, store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 months.
How to Reheat French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook french toast sticks for 2-3 minutes until warmed and enjoy!
How to Cook Frozen French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees.
2. Cook frozen french toast sticks in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes until warmed and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 8g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.