This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
These easy Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are coated in cinnamon and vanilla resulting in a crisp sweet homemade breakfast.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make French toast crispy and not soggy, I’m here to give that answer. An air fryer creates the perfect environment to get that crispy outside and fluffy inside for perfect French toast stick bites.
They’re the perfect breakfast!
I’m going to show you how to make French toast sticks in the air fryer, how to cook the French toast sticks from frozen (yes, you can freeze these!), how to make sure they don’t stick to your air fryer basket, and even how to reheat them in the air fryer.
I’m even going to tell you how to make actual Air Fryer French Toast!
To make this at-home air fryer breakfast recipe more healthy, swap out white bread for a nice nutritious whole wheat bread.
I used the Cosori 5.8QT Air Fryer to make this recipe. Its square basket helps fit enough French Toast Soldiers for my entire family of 4!
How to Make Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
- Preheat your air fryer 370 degrees.
- Cut each piece of bread into 3 equal pieces. If your bread is bigger than the average loaf size, you can cut them into more slices, if necessary.
- Place eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and salt into a wide shallow dish. Whisk to combine. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the mixture.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, coating it on all sides.
- Remove the air fryer basket and place a parchment paper round on the bottom of the basket. You can also give the basket a good spray with an EVO Oil Sprayer.
I prefer using parchment rounds in this recipe to avoid any sticking. See below under “Why is My French Toast Sticking to the Air Fryer” for more information.
- Place the french toast sticks in the air fryer in one single layer not touching.
- Cook each batch for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway. Cooking the French toast sticks for 8 minutes will create more of a normal French toast texture if preferred.
- Carefully remove each French toast stick from the air fryer and enjoy immediately. You can also store these in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Why is My French Toast Sticking to the Air Fryer?
While most foods don’t stick to the inside of an air fryer basket, recipes with more of a wet batter, like Air Fryer Hush Puppies and these air fryer French toast sticks, will stick to the basket.
To avoid sticking all together, I recommend using a small parchment round. They work great for everyday use or just when cooking things that may stick more than usual.
They’re also super cheap for a package of 100! We bought a package last year and still have more than half of them left!
How to Make Freeze Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
To freeze this recipe these so they don’t stick, follow these easy directions:
- Place a piece of parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet and place the cooked French toast sticks in one layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Remove the baking sheet from the freezer, place French toast sticks in a labeled freezer bag, and freeze for up to 3 months!
How to Cook Frozen French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer
Of course, if you’re freezing french toast sticks, you’ll have to heat them some way. And the air fryer is the perfect way for that!
- Preheat air fryer to 320 degrees.
- Place frozen french toast sticks inside the air fryer and cook for 2-3 minutes, until heated thoroughly.
- Enjoy immediately!
How to Reheat French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer
I am big on reheating leftovers the next day in the air fryer. Mainly because they come out as good as day one while being a huge time saver.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place leftover French toast sticks inside the air fryer.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until heating thoroughly and enjoy!
What If I Don’t Want French Toast Sticks and Just Want Air Fryer French Toast?
French toast in the air fryer is completely possible (and easy) following this recipe with a little change to the cooking directions.
The texture will feel more like a normal French toast cooked on a griddle, whereas the French toast sticks come out crispy (but not dry).
Since this still uses a wet batter, a parchment round or good spray of oil with an EVO Oil Sprayer is needed and is not optional.
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Make French Toast as stated in the above recipe without slicing the bread into strips.
- Cook for 7 minutes, flipping the French toast halfway through.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
Other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs with Cheese
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Frozen Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 5 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Maple syrup for dipping
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Cut each piece of bread into 3 equal pieces and set aside.
- Put the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and salt into a wide shallow dish. Whisk to combine.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to coat on all sides.
- Place a piece of parchment round paper inside the air fryer and place each french toast stick in one single layer on top of the parchment round (needed to prevent sticking).
- Cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Carefully remove the air fryer french toast sticks from the air fryer and enjoy immediately, store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 months.
How to Reheat French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook french toast sticks for 2-3 minutes until warmed and enjoy!
How to Cook Frozen French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees.
2. Cook frozen french toast sticks in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes until warmed and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 8g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.