Want to start your day the right way? These crispy air fryer breakfast potatoes with tender red pepper and onions make a perfect hash to go with your morning eggs!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And if you’re looking for the right way to start your morning, you have to try these crispy and delicious air fryer breakfast potatoes!
This easy side can be ready in less than half an hour and will add the perfect finishing touch to your meal.
I truly can’t imagine a better side for eggs than air fryer breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- My easy method for making breakfast potatoes in the air fryer that taste even better than the home fries from your favorite diner
- How to know when your breakfast potatoes are ready
- Tips for making the best air fryer potatoes
- What to serve with air fryer home fries for the most delicious breakfast ever
- How to reheat home fries in the air fryer
A delicious, leisurely breakfast always reminds me of the weekend. But this recipe is so simple; you can whip it up any day of the week!
Try serving air fryer breakfast potatoes with eggs to jump start any busy morning.
I made this recipe using the 5.7 QT Instant Pot Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Toss the cubed potatoes, chopped pepper, and chopped onion with the oil and salt.
STEP THREE: Transfer to the air fryer basket, then cook for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
STEP FOUR: Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately with eggs.
How Long Does it Take to Make Home Fries in the Air Fryer?
The goal is to cook the cubed potatoes until they’re golden-brown and crispy on the outsides while giving the onions and pepper long enough to get nice and tender.
The final cook time is going to depend on your make and model of air fryer, but I’ve found 15 minutes total works really well for this recipe!
I recommend checking on your potatoes around the 15-minute mark to see if they’re golden in color. Next, make sure they’re fork tender.
Home fries should be light and fluffy on the inside! If they pass the fork test, they’re ready to serve.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Try to cut the potatoes into the same-sized pieces. This will help them cook more evenly.
- Lay the potatoes, onions, and peppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Some overlap is okay, but you want the hot air to be able to circulate freely.
- Shake the basket halfway through to ensure the potatoes crisp up on all sides.
- If you’re not serving right away, transfer the cooked air fryer breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers to a serving platter in the oven on WARM.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Home Fries
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Brioche French Toast Casserole
- French Toast Pancakes
- Fried Egg in the Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Bacon
Variations for this Recipe
There are plenty of ways to mix up your air fryer home fries recipe! Feel free to play around with ingredients, flavors, and more.
- Add garlic powder, smoked paprika, or cumin for some extra flavor
- Chop and add some fresh rosemary or thyme to mix with the potatoes before air frying.
- Don’t like peppers? Go ahead and omit them. Same goes for the onion. Or, if you really love onions or peppers, you could always add more to the recipe!
- If you don’t have any parsley, garnish with another fresh herb instead! Thinly-sliced green onions, chives, or even cilantro would all add a great pop of flavor and color.
How to Reheat Leftover Breakfast Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Lay the leftover home fries in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and heated all the way through.
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes:
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- Easy Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes
- Sliced Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 1 red pepper, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 F.
- Toss the potatoes, pepper, and onion with the oil, and salt.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket, then cook for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately with eggs.
How to reheat breakfast potatoes:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
2. Add potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook for 3-4 minutes or until hot and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.