Instant Pot bacon is the absolute easiest way to prepare your favorite breakfast menu item! When you cook bacon in an Instant Pot, you get maximum flavor, perfect texture, and little mess.
Knowing how to cook bacon in an Instant Pot will save you time two-fold: it cooks faster, and cleaning up is a breeze!
This Instant Pot bacon recipe is an absolute breakfast lifesaver. Even if I oversleep, I can make a batch in less than 20 minutes.
All I have to do is stick the meat in the pot, and I can feed my family in no time at all. I can crumble it for an omelet or just plate it with eggs and toast, and we’re ready to go!
But I don’t want you to think that crispy bacon is only for breakfast time. You can fry it up to throw onto a sandwich, crumble for a salad, or slap onto a burger.
And since Instant Pot bacon is easy to store and reheat, you can prepare enough for the whole week quickly and easily!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to cook bacon in an Instant Pot for crisp, perfectly cooked results every time – and in just 10 minutes!
- Some common questions about making Instant Pot bacon including using bacon alternatives and some other variations.
- The best way to store and reheat any leftovers you have – if you have any at all!
Making bacon in the Instant Pot is easily the quickest, cleanest, and simplest way to make our favorite breakfast meat! All you have to do is throw it in the pot, give it a flip, and you’re done.
I made this recipe using my Instant Pot 6-Quart Duo Nova. It’s the perfect size for my family of four and makes releasing the steam so much easier than the standard Instant Pot.
How to Make Instant Pot Bacon
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Lay the bacon in a single layer in the inner pot of your Instant Pot. You can cut the pieces in half to prevent overlapping, if desired, or simply cook in multiple batches.
STEP TWO: Select the SAUTE setting and begin cooking the bacon. Keep the lid off while you fry one side until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until browned as well, and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. The whole process should take just 8-10 minutes.
STEP THREE: Repeat until all bacon is cooked, draining the fat and grease between batches.
Can You Put Frozen Bacon In An Instant Pot?
You can – the recipe remains exactly the same!
The only difference when you cook bacon in an Instant Pot from frozen is that it takes just a bit longer to cook through and brown.
You may also have excess moisture in the pot, making the meat a bit less crispy.
Do You Flip Bacon In An Instant Pot?
You do! You have to be careful to ensure that both sides cook through and that the bacon doesn’t burn.
It doesn’t take long, though. Just flip once after 3 minutes or so!
How Long Does It Take To Cook Bacon In An Instant Pot?
It shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes. Of course, it depends on how many pieces of bacon you have overlapping, the size of your Instant Pot, and the thickness of the cut.
It could take as little as 6 minutes if you’re using thin slices spaced evenly apart! Thicker cuts, however, might take up to 12 minutes to cook all the way through.
Can You Make Turkey Bacon In An Instant Pot?
Absolutely! The process stays exactly the same.
Just cook until the turkey bacon begins to brown, then flip.
It won’t reach quite the same golden brown color as regular bacon, but it will be obvious when cooked once all of the pink color is gone, and the corners crisp up.
The same goes for any bacon alternatives you like to use.
As for plant-based alternatives, the process depends entirely on how crispy you like your bacon! Cook until the consistency is just as you like it.
If you have an air fryer, you can make turkey bacon in there as well!
How Do I Store And Reheat Instant Pot Bacon?
You can store your leftover bacon in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.
You can freeze it for up to 6 months – though I wouldn’t recommend it, as the crisp texture is somewhat lost, and it’s so easy to whip it up in a flash.
I recommend using the microwave to reheat.
Using your Instant Pot or stovetop risks burning the meat while you’re trying to warm it up, while the microwave can do the job in just 10 seconds or so.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love:
- Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Frozen Ham in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- London Broil in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Steak
- Almond Milk Yogurt in the Instant Pot
- 16 oz package of bacon
- Cut the bacon strips in half, if desired, then place them in a single layer in the bottom of the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Press the SAUTE button. Allow the heating pot to fry one side of the bacon with the lid off for 3-5 minutes, until golden. Flip each piece of bacon and continue cooking for 3-4 more minutes until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Remove the bacon from the pot and place the strips on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining bacon, draining excess fat from the pot between batches as needed.
How to reheat bacon:
1. Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate.
2. Cover with a paper towel and heat for 10 seconds. Repeat until it's hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1273mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 26g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.