If you love poaching eggs but struggle to get that perfect runny yolk, try using your air fryer. Air fryer poached eggs are a game-changer – and I have the best tip to getting a perfect poached egg every time.
Getting that perfect poached egg in the air fryer all revolves around the egg. Using a fresh egg will help the egg hold its shape when submerged in water.
That means the perfect runny yolks with tender egg whites every single time.
Whether you’re prepping a quick weekday breakfast or a leisurely Sunday brunch, making poached eggs in the air fryer is about to become your new favorite kitchen hack.
It’s healthy, quick, and oh-so-delicious!
How to Make Air Fryer Poached Eggs
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Crack each egg into a separate heat-proof ramekin.
STEP THREE: Gently add water into each ramekin until the egg is submerged, about ¼ cup each.
STEP FOUR: Air fry for 5-8 minutes or until the egg reaches your desired doneness.
STEP FIVE: Gently scoop the poached eggs out of the water using a slotted spoon or silicone spatula, sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired, and serve warm.
Tips for Making the Best Poached Eggs in the Air Fryer
- The fresher the egg, the better it will hold its shape while cooking. Use older eggs for hard boiling eggs in the air fryer instead.
- Always preheat the air fryer to ensure the eggs start cooking immediately and evenly.
- Fully submerge the eggs in water in the ramekins for the best results.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size of the eggs, so start checking at 5 minutes to see if they’ve reached your desired level of doneness.
- Use a slotted spoon or silicone spatula to carefully lift the eggs from the water to maintain their delicate shape.
- Lay the air fried poached eggs on a paper towel to remove any excess moisture and prevent sogginess if you’re putting them on top of something like bread or crispy potatoes.
More Air Fryer Egg Recipes
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- Fried Egg in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
Variations for Air Frying Poached Eggs
- Give each ramekin a light spray of olive oil if you’re worried about the poached eggs sticking.
- Top each egg with grated Parmesan or cheddar just after poaching for a yummy, cheesy twist.
- Add a dash of paprika or cayenne pepper to the poached eggs for a hint of heat.
- For a gourmet touch, serve air fryer poached eggs with hollandaise, tomato sauce, or a drizzle of pesto.
Can You Poach Eggs in an Air Fryer?
Using the air fryer is a great way to poach eggs! It’s much easier and more consistent than poaching them in boiling water on the stove.
How Do You Know When Air Fried Poached Eggs Are Done?
To check your air fryer poached eggs for doneness, give the egg whites a gentle poke with a fork. They should be nice and set.
How Long to Cook Poached Eggs in the Air Fryer
Air frying poached eggs only take a few minutes! Depending on the size of your eggs, the yolks will be runny, and the whites will be set in 5-8 minutes.
I recommend checking on your eggs at the 5-minute mark to see if they’re done.
What Size Ramekin Do You Need For Air Fried Poached Eggs?
I use three-inch ramekins to poach eggs in the air fryer. I like this size because I can fit four ramekins in my air fryer at one time.
Can You Use Silicone Egg Cups Instead of Ramekins?
I would not recommend using silicone egg cups to poach eggs in the air fryer.
Glass or ceramic ramekins conduct heat, which helps poach the eggs. Silicone egg cups don’t conduct heat and won’t cook the eggs the same way.
If you’re looking to use your silicone egg cups, use my air fryer egg bites recipe instead.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Poached Eggs
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes:
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Toast in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Crack each egg into a separate heat-proof ramekin.
- Gently add water into each ramekin until the egg is submerged, about ¼ cup each.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the egg is the desired doneness.
- Gently scoop the poached eggs out of the water using a slotted spoon, and sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired before serving warm.
If your air fryer only heats in 10-degree increments, set it to 370 degrees F. It may take an extra minute to cook.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.