Delicious air fryer breakfast burritos are made with egg, sausage, potato, and cheese for a perfect start to the day. Ready in 35 minutes, they can also be frozen for easy future breakfasts!
Breakfast really sets the tone for my entire day. That’s why I like to start it with these delicious and filling air fryer breakfast burritos!
Egg, sausage, potato, and cheese wrapped up in a fluffy tortilla and air fried to perfection is just what every morning needs. They remind me of chimichangas because the tortilla gets so nice and flaky.
Plus, the recipe makes 6 servings, so you can freeze a few extras and have them ready for future busy mornings.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make air fryer breakfast burritos
- How to make frozen breakfast burritos in the air fryer
- How to reheat burritos in the air fryer
- How to safely freeze your breakfast burritos for up to 3 months
- What other ingredients you can add to your burrito
Since this recipe is freezer-friendly, it’s great for busy mornings. You can make your breakfast wraps ahead of time and freeze them so they’re ready to go any time!
How To Make Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
STEP TWO: Chop potato into 1/2-inch cubes. Coat the cubes in oil, salt, and pepper, then place them in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and set aside, changing the air fryer to 380 degrees.
STEP THREE: Brown sausage in a skillet on medium heat and break into crumbles. Once cooked, remove from skillet and set aside, keeping the sausage grease in the pan.
STEP FOUR: Whisk the eggs and milk together, season with a little salt and pepper, then scramble the eggs in the sausage grease. Alternatively, you can make air fryer scrambled eggs using these directions.
STEP FIVE: Combine eggs, sausage, potatoes, and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl.
STEP SIX: Load the mixture into each flour tortilla evely, making sure there’s enough room to close the burrito and then fold into a burrito. You can close with a toothpick if needed as well.
STEP SEVEN: Spray both the air fryer basket and the wrapped tortilla with a little oil using an oil mister. I personally love the EVO Oil Sprayer.
Place the burrito in the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees for 5 minutes.
STEP EIGHT: Flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
I love to add a little Frank’s Red Hot drizzled on top to spice it up too!
How To Make Frozen Breakfast Burritos In The Air Fryer
If you don’t have time to make all the ingredients for your burritos, you can also use store-bought frozen burritos!
They come out perfectly cooked thanks to the air fryer, and that way, prepping breakfast only takes minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Place the frozen breakfast burritos in the air fryer and cook for 10 to 11 minutes.* Spritz with oil if needed. Thicker breakfast burritos may take a few minutes longer.
- Remove the breakfast burritos from the air fryer and enjoy!
*Note: since the burritos in this post are thicker than typical frozen ones, like the El Monterey breakfast burritos, they will take about an additional 5 minutes to cook from frozen.
Making El Monterey frozen burritos? Follow these directions to cook frozen burritos in the air fryer here!
How To Reheat Breakfast Burritos In The Air Fryer
Have a few extra burritos you want to enjoy later in the week? The air fryer is the perfect way to reheat them for a quick, easy, delicious breakfast (or brunch, or brinner).
This method will work for any leftover burrito, by the way. My family really enjoys the frozen El Monterey burritos, and I’ve had good success reheating those in the air fryer. No more soggy tortillas.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the leftover breakfast burritos in the air fryer and spritz them with a little oil. Cook for about 3 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
- Remove them from the air fryer and enjoy!
Can I Freeze These Breakfast Burritos?
Absolutely! This recipe is completely freezer friendly.
Just wrap your burrito tightly in tin foil. It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months that way.
And when you’re ready to enjoy, see the instructions above for how to make an air fryer frozen breakfast burrito.
You can also wrap them in foil and store them in the refrigerator to enjoy later in the week. They will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Can I Use Different Ingredients For My Breakfast Wrap?
You bet! There are so many delicious breakfast foods out there, so feel free to stuff your burrito with your favorites. A few ingredients you could add:
- Air Fryer Bacon (in addition to or in place of the sausage)
- Black beans
- Diced jalapeño or bell peppers
- Chopped onion
Feel free to have some fun with your ingredients! And of course, you can always serve your burrito with salsa, hot sauce, or sour cream.
Other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Air Fryer Jelly Donuts
- Air Fryer Shredded Hash Browns
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
These tasty air fryer breakfast burritos with egg, sausage, potato, and cheese are ready in about 35 minutes! They can also be frozen for easy future breakfasts.
- 1 medium potato
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, and more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and more to taste
- 1/2 pound raw breakfast sausage
- 6 flour tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk, preferably whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Chop your potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and coat in oil, salt, and pepper. Place in the air fryer and cook the potatoes for about 8 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a skillet on medium heat, breaking them into crumbles until cooked. Remove from the skillet and set aside, keeping the grease in the pan.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and a little salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and add it hot skillet with the sausage grease. Scramble the eggs until they turn fluffy. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Combine the cooked potatoes, cooked sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese in a bowl.
- Add the mix evenly into the 6 tortillas and wrap them closed. You can use a toothpick to keep them closed.
- Spray the burritos with an oil mister and place into the air fryer. Cook at 380 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes, spraying the burrito and flipping it about halfway through cooking.
- Remove the breakfast burritos from the air fryer and enjoy!*
*breakfast burritos can be frozen for up to 3 months by wrapping them tightly in foil then in a plastic freezer bag and placing them in the freezer.
How to Cook Frozen Breakfast Burritos in the Air Fryer
1. Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
2. Cook the frozen breakfast burritos for 10 to 11 minutes until warmed thoroughly. Spray with oil halfway through cooking if needed.
3. Remove them from the air fryer, let cool slightly, then enjoy!
How to Reheat Breakfast Wraps in the Air Fryer
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place the leftover breakfast burritos in the air fryer and spritz with a little oil. Cook for about 3 minutes until warmed thoroughly, then enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 1090mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 22g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.