Did you know that you can reheat a burrito in an air fryer? No need to fire up your oven or use your microwave. Simply air fry for 2-3 minutes!
Raise your hand if you love your air fryer! You guys know mine is raised high to the sky. I use mine weekly, if not daily.
You can seriously do so much with this handy kitchen appliance. Cook, fry, roast, bake, broil, dehydrate…and today I want to talk about another function: reheating!
Like many of you, I typically used my microwave to reheat food. Yes, it’s great for things like soup, stew, or a cup of coffee that’s been neglected all morning.
But, if you want to reheat something and hope to crisp it up at the same time, the microwave just isn’t going to cut it. What’s worse, it could even make your food soggy.
And I don’t know about you, but my oven sometimes takes forever to preheat.
Most days I just don’t have time to sit around and wait! That’s where my air fryer comes in handy.
It reheats by circulating hot air — which means it will also make whatever you throw in there nice and crispy too.
This brings me to today’s helpful guide: how to reheat a burrito in an air fryer.
I love burritos, but half the time I have a hard time finishing one in just one sitting, especially if it’s stuffed to the brim with yummy fillings like rice, beans, protein, and veggies.
When you reheat a burrito in an air fryer, no more worrying about soggy results!
How to Reheat a Burrito in the Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Place your burrito in the air fryer basket and reheat for 2-3 minutes. You may need to reheat thicker burritos for 1-2 minutes more.
If your burrito looks a little dry, mist it with a little oil using an EVO mister.
STEP THREE: Remove your reheated burrito from the air fryer and enjoy!
What to Serve With Reheated Burritos
- Air Fryer Rice with Cilantro and Lime
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Avocado Crema
- Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing
Reheat Burrito in Air Fryer: Variations
- You can use this recipe to reheat a frozen burrito in the air fryer as well. You’ll have to increase the air fry time to 15 minutes.
- Add some shredded cheese on top. This one goes out to all of my cheese lovers. Choose your favorite and sprinkle on a healthy helping on top of your burrito!
- Slather on your favorite sauce after you reheat the burrito in the air fryer. I like the idea of adding salsa, hot sauce, or a creamy burrito sauce made with sour cream and chiles.
- Use more spices for an added kick. Don’t be afraid to open up the burrito to add some extra seasonings before you place it in the air fryer.
How Do You Reheat Leftover Burritos?
The best way is in the air fryer! You could also use your microwave, but your burrito won’t crisp up as nicely.
You can also use your oven to reheat a burrito, but it does take a lot longer than with your air fryer.
In my opinion, you should always reheat a burrito in an air fryer.
How Long to Cook a Burrito in the Air Fryer?
Not only can you reheat a burrito in the air fryer, you can also cook one from scratch. To do so, preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F.
Cook your burrito for about 5 minutes.
To reheat, you’ll have to lower the temperature a bit (down to 350 degrees) and you don’t have to leave it in there for as long (2-3 minutes should work).
How Long Does it Take to Reheat a Burrito?
Only 2-3 minutes in the air fryer! It will take between 15-20 minutes in the oven and about 2 minutes in the microwave.
Keep in mind, though, that it will likely get soggy in the microwave.
Can You Air Fry a Burrito Wrapped in Foil?
Contrary to popular belief, you can use aluminum foil in the air fryer (I wrote an entire article on how to do it), but you really don’t need to in order to reheat a burrito in the air fryer.
Simply put it in the basket as is and air fry for 2-3 minutes and you’re good!
Other Meals to Reheat in Air Fryer
- Reheat Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Reheating a Baked Potato in the Air Fryer
- Reheat a Rotisserie Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Reheat Fried Fish in the Air Fryer
- Reheat Ribs in the Air Fryer
- Reheating Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Reheat Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
- How to Reheat Steak in the Air Fryer
- How to Reheat Wings in the Air Fryer
- 1-3 leftover burritos
- Oil for misting
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place your burrito in the air fryer basket and reheat for 2-3 minutes. You
may need to reheat thicker burritos for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove your reheated burrito from the air fryer and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 713Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 1630mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 13gSugar: 8gProtein: 25g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.