You’re going to love these air fryer avocado fries. Cool, creamy avocado slices are breaded, air fried, and served with a sriracha infused ranch sauce. They are easy to make, healthy, and incredibly delicious.
Looking for a new way to enjoy avocado? This recipe for avocado fries air fryer style is a fun way to change it up. This simple recipe is a cinch to master and is bursting with flavor.
The avocado pieces are coated in a combination of egg, flour, and breadcrumbs to create a supremely crunchy exterior. Inside, the avocado remains velvety smooth, creating a mouthwatering combination of textures and flavors.
These crispy, creamy, garlicky goodies make a great appetizer, side dish, or snack. They are hearty, healthy, and downright irresistible — especially when served with the sriracha ranch sauce.
And on that note, the simple sriracha ranch is yummy on just about everything. It has just the right balance of creamy, spicy, and cool. Go ahead and try it on all your favorites!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- Everything you need to make air fryer avocado fries with step-by-step instructions.
- Tips on choosing the best avocados, plus a trick for ripening if needed.
- How to whip up a dynamite sriracha ranch dipping sauce.
You only need a few simple ingredients and about ten minutes to make this scrumptious, satisfying avocado fries air fryer recipe. Let’s do this!
How to Make Air Fryer Avocado Fries
STEP ONE: Slice the avocado into wedges, skin on, and scoop out the bright green flesh with a large spoon. This trick keeps your avocado wedges intact without a huge mess.
STEP TWO: Add the panko bread crumbs, garlic, and salt to a large plate or a bowl with a flat bottom. Stir well to combine.
Put the flour into a separate, shallow dish. Whisk the egg and put it in its own, separate bowl.
STEP THREE: Dip and coat each avocado wedge in egg, then flour, egg again, and then panko.
Doing it in this order helps the breadcrumbs adhere to the wedge and stay put while frying.
STEP FOUR: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Arrange the avocado slices in one single layer to ensure they cook evenly.
Cook for a total of about 4-6 minutes, flipping them over around the 2-3 minute mark.
STEP FIVE: While the fries cook, make the dipping sauce. Simply mix ranch dressing with sriracha sauce.
Adjust the amount of hot sauce to fit your desired spiciness level. Serve it with your avocado fries as soon as they are done frying. Enjoy!
How Do I Reheat Avocado Fries in the Air Fryer?
Avocado fries air fryer style is best served fresh, but the leftovers are also worth saving.
If you end up with leftovers, they can be easily reheated in the air fryer. This will crisp them back up and keep them from getting soggy like they would in the microwave.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the leftover avocado fries in the air fryer basket and heat for about 3 minutes, or until warmed through.
How Do I Know When an Avocado is Ripe?
Finding the perfectly ripe avocado can seem like a daunting task, but it really doesn’t need to be. Follow these pointers the next time you are trying to choose:
- Fruit should feel slightly soft, but not mushy. Apply firm, gentle pressure to check for this.
- If the nubby stem is still intact, wiggle it. The stem should pull away easily, maybe showing a bit of green or yellow flesh underneath.
- Take note of the color. Darker colored avocados tend to be the riper ones, but there are exceptions. Always be sure to both look and feel your fruit for ripeness.
For air fryer avocado fries, we want the avocados to be right in the middle – firm, not hard or soft, and not mushy.
What If My Avocado Is Unripe?
This is a great air fryer trick!
If you need to quickly ripen your avocados, simply set your air fryer to 200 degrees F. Wrap your unripe avocados in tin foil and place them in the air fryer for about 10 minutes, or until desired ripeness has occurred.
Can I Use Frozen Avocado for Air Fryer Avocado Fries?
I don’t recommend it. Freezing your avocados is a great idea if you have too much on hand, but the texture suffers a bit.
Use your frozen stash for smoothies or guacamole and stick with fresh for this avocado fries air fryer recipe. You’ll thank me!
Other Recipes with Avocados
More Air Fryer Fries Recipes
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- Air Fryer Steak Fries
- 4 avocados
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Wash the avocados to clean them then cut each avocado in half and then slice it into wedges. Use a big spoon to scoop out the wedges to keep them intact.
- Set up 3 bowls. Put the panko breadcrumbs in the first bowl and add the garlic powder and salt in. Mix to combine.
- Place the flour and eggs separately into the other two bowls. Whisk the eggs.
- Dip each avocado wedge into the breading in this order: egg, flour, egg, panko.
- Place the breaded avocado wedges into your air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While cooking, mix together dipping sauce. Combine the sriracha and ranch dressing and mix well.*
- Enjoy immediately!
*add more sriracha if you prefer a spicier dip
How to Reheat Avocado Fries in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place the leftover avocado fries in the air fryer then cook for about 3 minutes until warmed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 632mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 15gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g