Crispy, crunchy air fryer zucchini fries are so irresistibly tasty, you’ll forget they’re actually good for you! This easy-to-make side will be an instant family favorite.
Need something green to go with your meal that you know everyone will happily eat?
These air fryer zucchini fries are oh-so-crunchy and delicious; no one would ever guess they’re actually good for you!
Best of all, they’re super easy to make. You don’t even need to sweat them!
Thanks to the shape and breading, the coating gets golden-brown and crispy while the zucchini sticks stay nice and tender. They’re seriously so good!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make the most delicious crispy air fryer zucchini sticks
- My favorite options for dipping sauces to serve with your fries
- Tips to make sure your zucchini fries turn out perfectly every time
- The easy way to reheat leftover zucchini fries in the air fryer
Whether you’ve been looking for air fryer zucchini recipes to use up the crop from your garden or you just want a little something crunchy, you’re going to love this easy side.
Serve with all your favorite dipping sauces and watch them disappear!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Rinse and dry the zucchini. Trim the ends, then cut each zucchini in half. Slice each piece in half lengthwise, then quarter each in as needed to create skinny “fries”.
STEP THREE: In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. In a third bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper.
STEP FOUR: Working in batches, start by dredging each piece of zucchini in flour, then shaking off the excess. Next, dip into the egg, then finally, roll through the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat.
STEP FIVE: Place the coated fries in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer, working in batches if necessary. Spray lightly with an oil sprayer.
STEP SIX: Air fry for 8 minutes, then flip and fry for an additional 6-8 minutes until the fries are golden-brown and tender.
STEP SEVEN: Repeat with remaining fries. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries Dipping Sauce Options
- Use Dijon as the base for a zesty mustard dipping sauce
- Grab the Sriracha-ranch sauce from my avocado fries recipe
- Try this honey sriracha if you like sweet and spicy
- You can never go wrong with basics like ketchup or mustard!
Tips for Making Crispy Zucchini Fries in the Air Fryer
- When you’re rolling the zucchini sticks in the breadcrumb mixture, really press the crumbs into the side of each stick. The coating is the key to ultra-crunchy zucchini fries!
- Never overcrowd the basket, as this can lead to soggy, wet fries. Place the fries in a single layer, trying to leave a little room between each one for the air to circulate. I usually cook mine in 2 or 3 batches.
- Make sure to either flip the fries halfway through the cooking time or shake the basket a few times throughout. This ensures the zucchini fries will cook evenly and get crispy on all sides.
Do You Need to Sweat the Zucchini Fries?
Many zucchini recipes will have you sprinkle your zucchini with salt, let it sit for about 10 minutes to draw out any excess moisture, then pat dry.
One of the nice things about zucchini fries is that you can totally skip this step!
If your zucchini seems excessively wet, you’re always welcome to pat down the sticks with a paper towel. However, I’ve never had an issue getting the breading to stick.
You also don’t need to peel the zucchini. You won’t even notice the skin once the fries are breaded and cooked.
Just one more reason this air fryer zucchini recipe is one of my favorites!
What to Serve with Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Steak
- Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Instant Pot Tilapia Fish Tacos
- Instant Pot Steak
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
How to Reheat Zucchini Fries in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Lay the leftover zucchini fries in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until crispy and heated through.
Other Air Fryer Fries Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 medium or 2 large zucchini
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F. Rinse and dry the zucchini. Trim the ends, then cut each zucchini in half. Slice each piece in half lengthwise, then quarter each in as needed to create skinny “fries”. You should get about 24 pieces from each zucchini.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. In a third bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Working in batches, dredge zucchini in flour, shaking off the excess. Dip into egg, then roll through the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place the coated fries in the basket of the air fryer and spray lightly with cooking spray. Air fry for 8 minutes, then flip and fry an additional 6-8 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Remove and repeat with the remaining fries. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to reheat zucchini fries:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
2. Add zucchini fries to the basket and cook for 6-8 minutes or until crispy and heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 833mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.