You’ll love how easy it is to make frozen burritos in the air fryer. In just 15 minutes, you’ll have a crispy, golden tortilla packed with hot and sizzling deliciousness!
Who doesn’t love a hot and melty burrito, right? Especially one that can be ready in 15 minutes or less! Once you see how easy it is to make delicious frozen burritos in the air fryer, I can almost guarantee you’ll have a new comfort food… no drive-thru required!
Thanks to the air fryer, those frozen burritos hiding in the back of your freezer can turn into a crispy, sizzling meal in a matter of minutes. Just add your favorite toppings and dig right in.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make air fryer frozen burritos
- How to reheat your air fryer burrito
- What other kinds of burritos you can make in the air fryer
- Tips for making the best burritos
I don’t know about you, but my family never says no to burritos.
And when cooking them in the air fryer means they turn out crispy like chimichangas while staying tender and melty on the inside, you’ll never want to make them in the microwave or the oven again.
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make an Air Fryer Frozen Burrito
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
STEP TWO: Place your frozen burritos in your air fryer in a single layer, leaving a little space between each one. There is no need for extra oil.
STEP THREE: Cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping several times during the cooking process until the tortilla is golden brown and you can hear a sizzle.
STEP FOUR: Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
Love heating up frozen foods? Check out this huge list of frozen foods to cook in the air fryer!
How to Know When your Burrito is Done Cooking
I always like to use an Instant-Read thermometer, like the Kizen thermometer I use. Whether I’m cooking a rack of lamb or a frozen burrito, this gadget lets me immediately see the internal temperature for the most precise cooking time.
For beef and bean burrito, you want the temperature to be 165 degrees F.
Aside from the temperature, you want to make sure the outside reaches a nice golden brown. You will also hear a sizzle that lets you know the burrito is nice and hot.
How Do You Reheat a Frozen Burrito in an Air Fryer?
If you’ve ever tried to store leftover burritos, you know they can become soggy in the refrigerator. But if you reheat a burrito in the air fryer, they return to their original crispy perfection!
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place the burrito inside the air fryer.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. You can use a spritz of oil to really crisp them up if desired.
Can You Reheat a Taco Bell Burrito in an Air Fryer?
Absolutely! Just follow the directions above for a leftover burrito that tastes just as good as when it was fresh.
By the way, that applies to more than just Taco Bell leftovers. In fact, you can reheat any fast food burrito in the air fryer, even Chipotle ones!
In my experience, using the air fryer is the only way to reheat a burrito that’s worth eating.
Can You Use Other Types of Frozen Burritos?
You bet! I’ve used this method to make bean burritos, bean and cheese, and chicken burritos. Beef and bean is my favorite, but all of them are delicious!
I used 4 ounce frozen burritos for these directions, so if you use 6 oz burritos, it will take a little longer to heat through to the center.
What If I Don’t Want a Crisp Tortilla on my Burrito?
Do you prefer your burrito with a pillowy-soft tortilla? No problem! You can still use the air fryer to cook your perfect frozen burrito.
Simply wrap the burrito in foil first. You’ll also want to increase the cooking time to around 30 minutes to make sure it’s heated thoroughly.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Frozen Burritos
- Always check the temperature before pulling your burrito out of the air fryer. There’s nothing worse than a burrito that’s hot on the outside and still frozen in the middle! I recommend using an Instant-Read Thermometer.
- Make sure you turn your burrito a few times while cooking to ensure everything heats and crisps up evenly.
- Thicker and larger burritos will take longer to cook, so make sure to adjust the time accordingly.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- Frozen Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Hamburgers in the Air Fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Taquitos in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Pizza in the Air Fryer
- 2 to 5 frozen burritos (I used El Monterey)
- Sour Cream
- Greek Yogurt
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the frozen burritos in the air fryer, leaving space between each one.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping several times to allow for even cooking on the outside. Check the inside using an Instant-Read Thermometer to make sure it's warmed thoroughly.
- Remove the burritos from the air fryer and enjoy!
How to Reheat Burritos in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place the leftover burritos in the air fryer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Spritz with oil at the beginning of cooking to help with crisping back up if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 1312mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 10gSugar: 9gProtein: 26g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.