Want an easy way to add a little indulgence to your day? Whip up some toast in the air fryer and add your favorite toppings for a wonderful treat!
I’m always looking for quick and easy recipes that will make my mornings a little smoother. So when I realized I could make toast in the air fryer, I was beyond excited!
This method takes three minutes to toast the bread to perfection. In other words, it’s faster than a toaster, and I think the bread turns out even tastier this way. Win-win.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to toast bread in the air fryer
- The best toppings to go with your toast
- What types of bread can go in the air fryer
- Tips for making the best air fryer toast
This simple recipe is so versatile. You can make it for breakfast, as a snack, or even for dessert. Plus, everyone can pick their own toppings, so it’s sure to keep the whole family happy. I can’t think of a better way to start the day!
How to Make Toast in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Place your slices of bread in the basket in a single layer.
STEP THREE: Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for 1 more minute. If you find your bread is moving in the air fryer when on, place a wired rack over the bread while it cooks.
STEP FOUR: Remove toast from the air fryer, spread your toppings, and enjoy
Love breakfast? Try out these other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes!
Can an Air Fryer Replace a Toaster?
You bet! Anything you would normally make in a toaster can be made in the air fryer instead. All the more reason to put that toaster away, free up some space in the kitchen, and put your air fryer to good use.
It can also replace your toaster oven, which is great because air fryers are typically much more compact. Once again, this magical appliance is making our lives more delicious while freeing up our precious counter space.
What Kind of Bread Can Go in the Air Fryer?
The answer is easy… all of them! I like to use classic white bread, but there are so many other varieties you could try. Wheat, sourdough, whole-grain, pumpkin, artisan bread you picked up at the local bakery, you name it.
Following a gluten-free, Keto, or Paleo diet? If you have a brand of bread that fits your way of eating, it will work just as well in this recipe. Toss it in the air fryer and enjoy.
Not only can you toast bread in the air fryer, but you can also use this method for other breakfast staples! Want to warm up your bagel before you add some cream cheese? Throw it in there! English muffin? No problem! Go ahead and use the air fryer for all your toasting needs.
Best Toppings for Breakfast Toast
- Bacon and eggs
- Cream cheese
- Jam or jelly
- Peanut butter or other nut butters
- Powdered sugar
Tips to Make the Best Air Fryer Toast
- Lay the bread in a single layer so the air can properly circulate around each slice.
- If your bread is extra thin, you may want to reduce the cook time. On the other hand, if you have very thick slices of bread, they may need to cook for a bit longer.
- Make sure to flip at the two-minute mark so the bread cooks evenly on both sides.
- Have your toppings ready so you can add them while the toast is still hot!
How Long Do You Put Toast in the Air Fryer?
Would you believe this simple recipe takes a grand total of three minutes? Cook for two minutes on one side, flip, cook for one minute on the other, and voila! Your air fryer toast is ready to enjoy.
If you’re working with thinner bread or an extra thick slice, you may want to adjust the cooking time. Try subtracting or adding a minute to start and experimenting from there until you find the ideal cook time.
Other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 slices of the bread of your choice (I used white bread)
- Toppings of your choice (I used butter and jam)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place your slices of bread in the basket.*
- Cook for 2 minutes and then flip and cook for 1 more minute.
- Spread your toppings and enjoy.
*If you find the bread moving in the basket, place a wired rack on top of the bread while it cooks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.