Air fryer bread is the easiest way to make fresh, crusty goodness right at home! This no-fuss recipe requires minimal hands-on prep, and the result is unbelievably tasty.
Get ready to enjoy the warm, irresistible aroma of freshly baked loaves with easy air fryer bread! This simple, no-fuss recipe is a dream come true for bread lovers.
If you’ve been looking for a no knead recipe, rest assured that the stand mixer will handle all the heavy lifting for you. The dough comes together quickly with just a handful of ingredients, and you can go from scratch to baked bread in under 2 hours!
Whether you’re a seasoned bread baker or a newcomer to the world of baking, this air fryer bread recipe will impress with its simplicity and incredible taste. Enjoy your slices as a sandwich, dipped in soup, alongside pasta, with a generous spread of your favorite jam, and so much more!
How to Make Air Fryer Bread
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a medium bowl, mix together warm water, sugar, and yeast. Allow the yeast to bloom and rise to the top.
STEP TWO: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add two cups of the flour, butter, salt, and the water mixture. Mix until a sticky dough is formed.
STEP THREE: Add the remaining flour 1-2 tablespoons at a time until the dough sticks to the hook in a ball.
STEP FOUR: Cover and allow to rise at room temperature for one hour.
STEP FIVE: Punch the dough down, shape into a circle, and press into a 6” cake pan lined with parchment paper. Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
STEP SIX: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Brush the top of the dough with egg.
STEP SEVEN: Cover the cake pan with tented foil and cook for 12 minutes.
STEP EIGHT: Remove the tented foil, then cook for another 3-8 minutes until the top is a dark golden brown.
STEP NINE: Allow the bread to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Bread
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Air Fryer Tuna Melt
- Ninja Foodi Spaghetti
- Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
- Turkey Avocado Sandwich
How Long to Bake Bread in the Air Fryer
The trick to perfectly air fried bread is starting with tented foil over the dough. This allows the bread to cook evenly and gives the loaf room to rise but prevents the outside from cooking too quickly and burning.
After 12 minutes, remove the tented foil and let the loaf finish baking. You want it to get a nice, golden crust without getting too dark or burning. Depending on your make and model of air fryer, this could take between 3-8 more minutes of cooking time.
Perfectly-cooked bread will have a nice, golden crust and be cooked all the way through. You want the center to be soft and springy without being mushy.
Tips for Making the Best Bread in the Air Fryer
- Use a stand mixer with the dough hook for easy and efficient mixing. It’s the key to this no knead recipe!
- Let the dough rise at room temperature to achieve the ideal fluffy texture. Let it rise for an hour, punch it down, fit it into the cake pan, then let it rise for another 30 minutes to achieve the best results.
- Let the air fryer fully preheat to ensure even cooking. You’d never stick dough into a cold oven, and the same goes for your air fryer.
- Tent the pan with foil during the first part of the bake to prevent over-browning while still giving the bread room to rise.
- Allow the bread to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing for a clean, picture-perfect cut.
More Delicious Bread Recipes
- Air Fryer Cornbread
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Garlic Cheese Bread
- Irish Soda Bread With No Buttermilk
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
More Air Fryer Recipes to try
- Air Fryer Cookies
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
- Air Fryer Crescent Rolls
- Air Fryer Croutons
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Garlic Knots
- Air Fryer Gnocchi
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Flautas in the Air Fryer
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 - 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, for brushing
- Mix together warm water, sugar, and yeast and allow the yeast to bloom and rise to the top.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add two cups of the flour, butter, salt and water mixture. Mix until a sticky dough is formed. Add remaining flour 1-2 tablespoons at a time, until the dough sticks to the hook in a ball.
- Cover and allow to rise at room temperature for one hour.
- Punch the dough down, shape into a circle and press into a 6” cake pan lined with parchment paper. Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F, brush the top of the dough with egg.
- Cover the cake pan with tented foil and cook for 15-20 minutes, removing the foil after 12 minutes.
- Cook until the top is a dark golden brown and then allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 398mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.