You won’t believe how easy it is to make flautas in the air fryer! Mix the filling, roll the flautas, then let the air fryer cook them to golden perfection. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I love trying new Mexican-inspired dishes besides the usual tacos or burritos. When I’m in the mood for something easy that’s still mouth-wateringly delicious, I always turn to air fryer flautas!
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover or Rotisserie chicken. Mix it with the rest of the filling ingredients, stuff it all into corn tortillas, and let the air fryer work its magic.
You won’t believe how simple it is to make homemade chicken flautas in the air fryer. And if you have frozen flautas from Costco, I’ll show you how to make those as well!
How to Make Flautas in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Add the salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, lime juice, and taco seasoning to a large bowl and stir to combine.
STEP TWO: Add the chicken and cheese, then stir well until the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
STEP THREE: Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F. Wrap the tortillas loosely inside a wet paper towel and microwave for 30-40 seconds until soft and pliable.
STEP FOUR: One at a time, lay a warm tortilla out on a flat surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture horizontally across the bottom third of each tortilla, then tightly roll up the tortillas and set them on a plate, seam side down.
STEP FIVE: Repeat until all the flautas have been formed.
STEP SIX: Place the flautas in a single layer in the basket or air fry tray, working in batches as needed.
STEP SEVEN: Spray the tops with cooking oil spray, then air fry for 8-10 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown and crispy.
STEP EIGHT: Repeat the process until all of the flautas have been cooked.
STEP NINE: Serve warm and top with salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, and hot sauce if desired.
How to Make Costco Frozen Chicken Flautas in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spray the inner basket with cooking spray.
- Place the frozen flautas in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Spray the tops of the flautas with cooking spray
- Air fry for 7-8 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes, until hot and crispy.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Flautas
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Bell Peppers
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Mexican Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Flautas
- Make sure the filling is fully mixed so you’ll get a medley of flavors and ingredients in every bite.
- Don’t overfill the flautas or they will be hard to seal and could open up in the air fryer.
- If the tortillas cool and become difficult to work with, put them back in the microwave wrapped loosely in a wet paper towel for another 30 seconds to make them pliable again.
- Roll as many flautas as will fit in your air fryer, then cook the first batch while you continue rolling the next batch to save time.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. You want the hot air to circulate properly and cook the flautas to golden perfection on all sides!
More Delicious Leftover Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Pesto Chicken Wrap with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
- 13 Easy Chicken Wraps Made with Leftover Chicken
More Air Fryer Mexican-Inspired Recipes
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Carne Asada
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Frozen Empanadas in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Taquitos
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Flautas
Did you know you can make air fryer flautas in just 30 minutes? The creamy filling is packed with irresistible flavor and is a great way to use up leftover chicken!
- ⅓ cup salsa
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- Add the salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, lime juice, and taco seasoning to a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and cheese and stir well until ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F. Wrap the tortillas loosely inside a wet paper towel and microwave for 30-40 seconds until soft and pliable.
- One by one, lay the tortillas out on a flat surface. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture horizontally across the bottom third of each tortilla, then tightly roll up tortillas and set them on a plate, seam side down. Repeat until all flautas have been formed.
- Place the flautas in a single layer in the basket, working in batches as needed. Spray the tops with cooking oil spray, then air fry for 8-10 minutes, or until tortillas are golden brown and crispy. Repeat the process until all flautas have been cooked.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 581Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 958mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.