Looking for something to do with your leftover chicken? This chicken caesar wrap is easy to make and totally delicious.
Fresh veggies, crunchy croutons, tangy parmesan, and creamy caesar dressing will help you transform that leftover chicken into a lunchtime masterpiece.
This grilled chicken caesar wrap has everything you love about chicken caesar salad in a convenient on-the-go option.
This recipe is really easy to customize as well. Whether you are paleo, keto, gluten-free, or vegan, it is 100 percent possible to adjust ingredients to suit your needs without sacrificing any flavor.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- Everything you need to make this delicious grilled chicken caesar wrap.
- Step by step instructions for making the best caesar wrap possible.
- Simple and easy ways to make your chicken caesar wrap suit your dietary needs.
You can toss this delicious caesar wrap together in almost no time. Lunchtime has never been easier!
How to Make a Chicken Caesar Wrap
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Wash vegetables, slice your grape tomatoes in half, and chop your romaine lettuce. If needed, cube or shred your chicken.
STEP TWO: Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl with the exception of the tortillas. Toss everything with dressing, taste, and add more if desired.
STEP THREE: Lay your tortilla on a flat surface and pile on a scoop of salad. Be sure to leave a border around the edges. Whole wheat tortillas are prone to tearing, so make sure not to overfill.
STEP FOUR: To wrap your tortilla, fold in and hold the sides while bringing the top and bottom into the center.
STEP FIVE: Serve and enjoy!
Is a Chicken Caesar Wrap Good For You?
With a bit of attention, making this grilled chicken caesar wrap a healthy option for almost any diet or lifestyle is easy. A few key points:
- Choose your dressing wisely. There are low-sugar, low-fat, and healthier fat options out there. It all depends on your personal goals.
- If you are gluten free or paleo, you can choose crouton alternatives such as roasted chickpeas, almonds, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds.
- Change up your tortilla. There are low carb, gluten free, keto, and paleo wraps available.
- Choose a hard block of parmesan for lower sodium over the prepackaged stuff. You’ll get more flavor too!
How Do You Keep a Chicken Caesar Wrap From Getting Soggy?
The best way to keep your grilled chicken caesar wrap from getting soggy is to wait until you are ready to eat to assemble it. That way, it doesn’t have time to get soggy.
That being said, we all lead busy lives, and sometimes things need to be made in advance. If you need to preassemble your caesar wrap, try keeping the dressing on the side until it is lunchtime.
That way, your lettuce will stay crisp, and your tortilla will remain dry. Win-win!
How Do You Keep Wraps From Breaking?
First of all, don’t overfill your tortilla. Anything will break when pushed to its limits.
After that, the number one way to keep your wraps from breaking is to warm up your tortillas first. A little bit of heat makes wraps much more bendy and pliable.
There are a few ways to accomplish this:
- Heat each tortilla in the microwave for 15-30 seconds, depending on your settings.
- Use a super hot cast iron skillet to warm each tortilla.
- If you need to warm up multiple tortillas at once, wrap them in foil and place them in a 300 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once your tortillas are warmed, you can keep them under a dampened paper towel or cloth to hold in moisture and keep them pliable.
How Long is a Chicken Caesar Wrap Good For in the Fridge?
If you happen to have a leftover chicken caesar wrap that has already been assembled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store it in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
That said, your tortilla will likely get soggy, and your lettuce may wilt a bit. If at all possible, I highly recommend waiting until you are ready to eat your wrap to assemble it.
Leftover salad can also be covered and stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, then added to a tortilla when it’s time to eat.
Once again, I recommend waiting until you are ready to eat and then making small batches to avoid excessive leftovers. Fresh is best!
Other Chicken Wrap Recipes You’ll Love:
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Chicken Fajita Wrap
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
- Pesto Chicken Wrap with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 13 Easy Chicken Wraps Made with Leftover Chicken
- 6-8 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- 3 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups of cubed leftover chicken
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup of garlic croutons
- ¾ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of light caesar dressing, more or less if preferred
- Wash and chop your romaine lettuce, cube your chicken if needed, and slice your tomatoes in half.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, apart from the tortillas. Toss with the dressing, and then determine if you would like more.
- Fill your tortilla with a scoop full of salad, leaving a border around the edges. To fold it, fold the sides in and then wrap the top and bottom across the middle, holding the sides in. The whole wheat tortilla tends to tear easily so do not overfill it.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 676mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.