Air fryer shrimp tacos are a delicious way to give your next Mexican night a fresh seafood twist! This super easy recipe can be ready to serve in about 15 minutes.
Shrimp is such a great lean protein that can take on a wide variety of flavors. If you’re looking for a fun new way to serve them up, I highly recommend fresh and tasty air fryer shrimp tacos!
I love that this recipe can be ready to serve in about 15 minutes.
Just pat the shrimp dry, toss with oil and seasonings, air fry for 8 minutes, and you’re ready to build your tacos!
A shredded cabbage slaw on top adds the perfect amount of crunch just like in my air fryer fish tacos!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make shrimp tacos with the air fryer
- Everything you’ll need to build your perfect air fried shrimp tacos
- Variations for this recipe
- What to serve with shrimp tacos
- How to reheat shrimp in the air fryer
Whether it’s Taco Tuesday or you’re just craving some Mexican-inspired deliciousness, you’re going to love making these shrimp tacos.
They’re packed with protein, bursting with flavor, and so easy to throw together. Plus, who doesn’t love getting to build a taco with all their favorite toppings?
How to Make Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Place the shrimp on a plate, then pat them dry with paper towels.
STEP TWO: Transfer the dry shrimp to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the shrimp, then sprinkle with the seasonings and toss until well-coated.
STEP THREE: Place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer, ensuring there’s space between each one, working in batches if necessary.
STEP FOUR: Air fry the shrimp at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Build your tacos to your liking!
Ideas for Building your Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos with Slaw
- Base: Whether you prefer a soft or hard shell, corn or flour, or something else entirely, go ahead and grab your perfect base! You could also build a taco bowl by using chopped lettuce or white rice.
- Air fryer shrimp: Add however many you like into your shell or on your bowl.
- Shredded cabbage slaw: Layer on top of the shrimp. Cabbage slaw adds amazing crunch and fresh flavor for a beautiful complement to the shrimp!
- Toppings: Feel free to get creative! My favorites include cotija cheese, sriracha or another hot sauce, sour cream, guacamole or chopped avocado, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. You can also top your air fryer shrimp tacos with creamy cilantro sauce made by combining sour cream and fresh cilantro!
How Long Do You Cook Shrimp in the Air Fryer?
This will depend on your make and model of air fryer as well as the size of your shrimp.
For me, 8 minutes is the perfect amount of time to cook large or jumbo raw shrimp to perfection.
Shrimp should be cooked to an internal temperature of 120 degrees F. You want them to be light pink all the way through without any gray remaining.
However, if you cook them for too long, they can get tough.
I recommend using an Instant Read Thermometer to know when they’re fully cooked without overcooking them.
Variations for Air Fryer Shrimp
Want to mix it up with your flavors? Feel free to play around with the seasonings in this recipe!
This classic flavor combination will still go beautifully with the crunchy cabbage slaw!
You could also keep it simple by seasoning the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
Even with the small ingredient list, the taste will still pack a punch thanks to the bright acidity of the lemon.
For big, earthy flavor, try adding some cumin to the mix. Or, if you want something really fresh, season the shrimp with fresh dill or parsley.
The possibilities are truly endless!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Avocado Lime Crema
- Air Fryer Taquitos
- Smoky Red Pepper Crema
- Cheesy White Bean Tomato Bake
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Mexican Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
How to Reheat Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil spray
- Place the leftover shrimp in the air fryer basket in a single layer
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 2-4 minutes until heated through
Other Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tempura
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Shrimp with Lemon and Pepper
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- 1 pound large or jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2–3 cups shredded cabbage slaw mix
- 8 small tortillas (corn or flour)
- SERVE WITH: Cotija cheese, sriracha or hot sauce, sour cream, guacamole or chopped avocado, cilantro, lime wedges
- Place shrimp on a plate, then pat them dry with paper towels. Transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the shrimp, then sprinkle with the seasonings and toss to combine well.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer, ensuring none of them touch (you may need to cook in batches). Air fry the shrimp at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Build your tacos to your liking!
How to reheat shrimp tacos:
1. Spray the air fryer basket.
2. Place shrimp in the basket and cook at 400 degrees for 2-4 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 732Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 1403mgCarbohydrates: 112gFiber: 24gSugar: 25gProtein: 37g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.