Craving shellfish but short on time? Try making frozen shrimp in the air fryer! This 5-ingredient recipe can be ready in less than 20 minutes and tastes absolutely amazing.
Not sure what to do with that bag of shrimp hanging out in the back of your freezer? You have to try making frozen shrimp in the air fryer!
This 5-ingredient recipe is so simple, but turns out so delicious every time. A little butter, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, and minced garlic really brings everything together. It’s lighter than breaded shrimp, but still a delicious way to satisfy your craving for shellfish!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The easiest method for cooking frozen shrimp in the air fryer
- Other seasonings to try for this dish
- How to adjust the recipe if you want to cook frozen raw shrimp in the air fryer
- What to serve with your shrimp
- Tips to make the most delicious air fryer frozen shrimp
Best of all, you can go from freezer to table in less than 20 minutes! So whether you have unexpected guests stopping by or just want to enjoy a nice family meal that doesn’t take forever to make, you have to give this air fryer frozen shrimp a try. It’s the perfect recipe to keep in your back pocket!
How to Cook Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Heat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Break apart any frozen shrimp, then add them to a large bowl with butter, Old Bay, lemon juice, and minced garlic.
STEP THREE: Stir to combine, making sure to coat all of the shrimp.
STEP FOUR: Lay the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket, cooking in batches if necessary.
STEP FIVE: Cook for 6 to 7 minutes. Repeat with any remaining shrimp.
Can I Cook Frozen Shrimp with its Shell in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! I don’t bother removing the shells before cooking frozen shrimp in the air fryer. I think the shrimp actually cook a little plumper, plus it’s so easy to take off the shells after they’re cooked!
Can I Cook Frozen Raw Shrimp in the Air Fryer?
You bet! Just increase the cooking time to 8 to 10 minutes to ensure the shrimp are fully done. They should be pink on the outside and opaque all the way through.
Other Seasonings to Try on Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
I really like keeping my air fried frozen shrimp simple with some Old Bay seasoning, butter, lemon, and garlic. But if you want to get a little more creative, go right ahead!
Italian seasoning, cumin, or smoked paprika would all add a nice pop of flavor. For some extra heat, try mixing in a little cayenne pepper or chili powder. You can also top the cooked shrimp with fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, or dill!
What to Serve with Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
How Long to Cook Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
This is going to depend on a few factors like the size of the shrimp, if they are pre-cooked or raw, and whether or not they’re breaded. For example, if you’re making SeaPak butterfly shrimp, these will take longer due to the size and breading.
For pre-cooked frozen shrimp without breading, I find 6 to 7 minutes to be the perfect amount of time. You want to cook your prawns until they are opaque all the way through and have a nice pink color on the outside.
Tips to Air Fry the Best Frozen Shrimp
- Cook the shrimp in a single layer without any overlap. My air fryer was able to fit about half a pound at a time.
- Leave the shells on while air frying as they will actually add a bit of flavor and result in plumper, better-looking finished shrimp.
- Add a fresh squeeze of lemon juice right before serving.
Other Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Shrimp with Lemon and Pepper
- Coconut Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tempura
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
For a quick and healthy meal, try making frozen shrimp in the air fryer. This dish goes from freezer to table in less than 20 minutes!
- 1 pound frozen cooked large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Break apart frozen shrimp and place the shrimp, butter, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir to combine and coat all of the shrimp.
- In a single layer lay your shrimp (about ½ a pound per batch) and cook for 6 to 7 minutes until fully heated.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 1535mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 26g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
5 thoughts on “Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer”
Are they still frozen when you cook?
Yes, they are frozen when you put them in the air fryer to cook.
Great information! I was reticent to make them so I had them for a while in the freezer, I stumbled over everydayfamilycooking and love it, saved! Now, I am going to have a feast!
my shrimp are raw how long in air fryer?
Make sure that the shrimp is laid in a single layer in the air fryer basket, cooking in batches if necessary. If your shrimp is still raw, increasing cooking time will help with that.