Ditch the cumbersome grill and make this air fryer grilled chicken in just 15 minutes! It’s the easiest way to get tender, juicy chicken breasts you’ll want to make again and again.
While I love the flavor you get from grilling, the actual act of grilling can be a hassle. And once temperatures drop, I definitely don’t want to go outside to cook.
That’s when I whip up this amazing air fryer grilled chicken instead!
This is my favorite way to get tender, juicy chicken breasts that taste downright amazing.
Best of all, they’re ready in just 15 minutes! It’s seriously the easiest way to whip up some lean protein.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The best way to make juicy and tender grilled chicken in the air fryer
- What to serve with your grilled air fryer chicken
- How to make frozen grilled chicken in the air fryer
- Other seasoning options to try with this recipe
- How to reheat grilled chicken in the air fryer
These chicken breasts are great on their own, chopped in a salad, stuffed into a sandwich or wrap, and so much more.
And thanks to the air fryer, you’ll never have to suffer through over-cooked or dry meat again. This is going to be the only way you ever want to cook chicken breasts from now on!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Grilled Chicken
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Meanwhile, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika powder, cayenne powder, and salt and pepper. Season the chicken breasts on all sides.
STEP THREE: Lay the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket.
STEP FOUR: Cook for 10 minutes, flipping at the 5-minute mark, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken in the Air Fryer
- 5 Ingredient Squash Casserole
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash Slices
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
Can You Cook Frozen Grilled Chicken in the Air Fryer?
You bet! You just want to adjust the cooking time to ensure the frozen chicken breasts are cooked all the way through.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika powder, cayenne powder, and salt and pepper. Season the chicken breasts on all sides.
- Lay the frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
You can read our full post on cooking frozen chicken in the air fryer here.
How Long Does it Take to Grill Chicken in an Air Fryer
My favorite part about this recipe is that it only takes 10 minutes to cook to perfection! Including preheating and seasoning, the entire dish can go from refrigerator to table in about 15 minutes.
Using a gas grill to cook grilled chicken breast will take around the same cooking time. However, gas grills take much longer to warm up. Plus, you have to go outside.
So if it’s raining, windy, or cold outside, I definitely prefer using my air fryer!
If you want to make grilled chicken cutlets, keep in mind that these will take less time to cook.
Cutlets are just chicken breasts cut into smaller strips, so be sure to check on them more frequently. An Instant Read Thermometer can be a big help to know exactly when they reach 165 degrees F!
How Can I Get Those Grill Marks on the Chicken Breasts?
Who doesn’t love some good grill marks on their chicken? If you like the ease of the air fryer but miss those distinct lines, just grab a grill plate.
This simple accessory fits right inside your air fryer and is great for searing meat!
Other Seasons to Try on Chicken in the Air Fryer
Want to try some different flavors with this dish? Mix up your seasonings! The opportunities are truly endless, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- BBQ seasoning
- Cajun seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- Kinder’s “The Blend” seasoning
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Stubb’s rub
- Traeger rub
Wanted to try marinated grilled chicken in the air fryer? Grab the honey soy marinade from my air fryer chicken thighs recipe!
How to Reheat Grilled Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Lay the leftover grilled chicken in the air fryer basket
- Cook for 5-8 minutes until heated through.
Other Air Fryer Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Bone-In Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer Bone in Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders — No Breading
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts (I use the perfectly portioned breast)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika powder
- ¼-½ teaspoon Cayenne Powder (depending on spice preference)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika powder, cayenne powder, and salt and pepper. Season the chicken breasts on all sides.
- Place the chicken breast in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through till it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- These chicken breasts are great on their own, chopped in a salad or wrap.
How to reheat grilled chicken:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees F.
2. Air fry chicken for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 38g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.