Get ready to make the best air fryer chicken bites you’ve ever had. Most people skip one simple step and get unevenly cooked chicken, but with this recipe, you’re about to get evenly cooked juicy chicken every time.
Making these air fryer chicken bites couldn’t be easier with this fail-proof method. So many people overcrowd the basket or air fryer oven when cooking chicken which results in tough and unevenly cooked chicken.
This recipe teaches you to cook the chicken in an even layer to get that crispy but juicy chicken every time.
And I have even more tips for you to make this chicken recipe a new staple in your dinners and meal planning!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Bites
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch thick pieces and place the diced chicken breast in a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken chunks, then toss until the oil coats the chicken evenly. This will help the seasonings to stick to the chicken.
STEP FOUR: Sprinkle the chicken with Cajun seasoning, starting with 1 to 3 teaspoons and adjusting to your taste preference, then the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss again so the small chicken pieces are evenly coated.
STEP FIVE: Place the chicken pieces in the air fryer in a single layer, cooking in batches if necessary.
STEP SIX: Air fry the chicken bites for 8-10 minutes until the pieces are golden brown and crispy.
STEP SEVEN: Serve crispy air fried chicken chunks with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Boneless Chicken Bites in the Air Fryer
- Adjust the Cajun seasoning based on your heat preference, starting with 1 teaspoon and increasing for more kick.
- Ensure the chicken chunks are uniform in size for even cooking or smaller chicken bites will end up tough and overcooked.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer. Cook only as much chicken that will fit at the bottom of your air fryer in a single layer without overlapping.
- Serve immediately for the best taste and texture.
- To reheat chicken pieces in the air fryer, cook at 400 degrees F for 3-4 minutes until heated all the way through.
More Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Recipes
Variations for Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- Dial up the heat with a sprinkle of chili powder or a dash of hot sauce before serving.
- Go Asian-inspired by tossing the cooked chicken bites in a teriyaki or sweet chili sauce.
- Whip up buffalo chicken bites by tossing the chicken cubes in buffalo sauce.
- Swap Cajun for BBQ seasoning for a smoky flavor twist.
- Make it cheesy by adding some grated parmesan in the last 3 minutes of air frying.
What Type of Chicken Should I Use?
I like to use Tyson’s boneless skinless chicken breasts to make chicken chunks in the air fryer. But feel free to use tenderloins or thighs for this recipe if you prefer!
If you’re using chicken thighs, remember to trim off any excess fat and then cut them into equal-sized pieces.
How Long to Cook Boneless Chicken Bites in the Air Fryer
You want to cook chicken bites in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy!
Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces and your air fryer. I recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
What Sauces Go With Air Fryer Chicken Bites?
You can serve any sauce your heart desires with air fryer chicken bites! Hot sauce, buffalo sauce, garlic butter sauce, honey mustard, soy sauce, marinara sauce, bang bang sauce, ranch, or BBQ sauce are all delicious options.
Can I Make Air Fryer Chicken Bites for the Whole Family?
When you want to feed the whole family, this air fryer recipe is a great option! All you need are a few pantry-staple ingredients.
I recommend doubling or tripling the recipe. You might have to cook the chicken chunks in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Chunks
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Shake and bake Chicken in the Air Fryer
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- While it preheats, cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch thick pieces and place the bite-sized pieces in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken chunks and then toss them so the oil coats the chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning (start with 1 to 3 teaspoons, and adjust to your taste preference), Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder over the chicken.
- Toss again so that the chicken pieces are evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Place the chicken cubes in a single layer in your preheated air fryer basket.
- Cook the chicken bites for 8-10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) and the pieces are golden brown and crispy.
- After the chicken bites are cooked through and crispy, take them out of the air fryer and let them cool for a minute or two before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 940mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 53g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.