This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
Air fryer squash and zucchini are cut into delicious bite-sized pieces and seasoned to perfection! Perfect to serve as a healthy side or as the base for your main course.
Summer squash season is here, and there’s no better time to make this super easy air fryer squash and zucchini recipe! It’s one of my favorite ways to add some fresh produce to any meal.
Best of all, you only need a few simple ingredients and about 15 minutes to throw together this healthy side. Chop up your produce, mix it with a little oil and some simple spices, then let the air fryer work its magic! It couldn’t be easier.
Whether you’re looking to round out your meal or want a nice crisp-tender base for your main course, air fried squash and zucchini are perfect for summer. It’s the kind of easy, healthy side you’ll want to make again and again!
How to Make Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
STEP TWO: Meanwhile, trim the ends off the squash and zucchini. Quarter them lengthwise, then slice them into 1-inch thick chunks.
STEP THREE: Place the squash in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle on the seasonings. Toss to coat.
STEP FOUR: Spread the chopped squash and zucchini into a single layer in the air fryer basket.
STEP FIVE: Air fry for 7-8 minutes, tossing the basket halfway through the cooking time until the squash and zucchini are tender-crisp.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Zucchini and Squash
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Beef Wellington Without Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker London Broil
- Teriyaki Salmon in the Air Fryer
How Long to Cook Zucchini and Squash in the Air Fryer
The goal is to cook the veggies until everything is tender-crisp. This basically means that the pieces are cooked and hot all the way through, but they still have a little snap to them. We don’t want the squash and zucchini to get too mushy.
If you cut the veggies into 1-inch pieces, this should take 7-8 minutes, although the exact timing will depend on the make and model of your air fryer
I recommend checking on them at the 7-minute mark. Overcooking veggies will ruin the texture, so it’s better to check on the squash and zucchini early and often.
Tips for Making the Best Squash and Zucchini in the Air Fryer
- Try to slice the squash and zucchini as evenly as possible. Cutting the veggies into the same-sized pieces ensures everything will cook at the same rate.
- When tossing with oil and seasoning, make sure each piece of zucchini and squash is well coated. The oil is what will make the veggies crispy, and you want plenty of flavorful seasoning on each bite.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. It’s better to work in batches if necessary to ensure the hot air can circulate properly and really crisp up each piece.
- Toss the basket at least once during the cooking time to help everything cook evenly.
- Cook until the squash and zucchini are tender-crisp. You don’t want to cook them too long or the vegetables could start to release too much moisture and steam, which will make the outsides soggy instead of crispy.
More Air Fryer Squash Recipes
More Squash Recipes
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- 5 Ingredient Squash Casserole
- Maple Acorn Squash Slices
- Mac and Cheese Stuffed Acorn Squash
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini
If you have an abundance of summer squash from the garden or farmer’s market, try this easy air fryer squash and zucchini! The veggies cook to tender-crisp perfection in just 15 minutes.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
- Trim the ends off the squash and zucchini, quarter them lengthwise, then slice into 1-inch thick chunks.
- Place the squash in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle on seasonings, then toss to coat.
- Spread the veggies into a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 7-8 minutes, tossing the basket halfway through the cook time, or until tender-crisp.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.