Air Fryer Broccoli is crispy and cheesy for a quick and easy side dish to make in minutes!
If you’re wondering how to air fry broccoli to get those crispy edges like roasting them in the oven in less time, this is it.
This air fryer roasted broccoli recipe is topped with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes for a healthy and easy side dish to any meal.
How to Cook Broccoli in the air Fryer
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees, and cut the broccoli into florets — separating the fluffy head from the stalk. Set aside while mixing the butter.
STEP TWO: Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and combine with a whisk.
STEP THREE: Add the fresh broccoli florets to the mixture and stir to coat.
STEP FOUR: Sprinkle the grated parmesan on top of the florets and toss once more until thoroughly dusted with the cheese.
STEP FIVE: Place the broccoli in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry broccoli for 8 minutes shaking the basket or turning the broccoli halfway through cooking.
STEP SIX: Remove the broccoli from the air fryer and add more parmesan on top to taste.
Store leftover roasted broccoli in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Tips To Make The Best Air Fried Broccoli
- Cook roasted broccoli in the air fryer in a single layer for the most even cooking
- Add the parmesan cheese prior to cooking or it will melt and slide off the broccoli
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for the best flavor, but the powdered parmesan cheese tastes great too
- Keep an eye on the broccoli as it cooks and turn the temperature down to 360 degrees if you notice it browning too fast
- Break the broccoli stalks into even-sized florets so they all cook evenly
What to Serve with Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Sirloin Steak
- Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese
Variations to This Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Add diced chicken into the recipe to make a chicken and broccoli dish — just drop the temperature to 360 degrees and cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly around 10 minutes
- Add some fresh lemon juice or fresh lemon zest for a citrusy flavor
- Switch out the parmesan for a teriyaki sauce or stir fry sauce
- Add fresh minced garlic, garlic powder, or coat with a garlic sauce for a new flavor
- Add cauliflower and cook both the broccoli and cauliflower in the air fryer together!
- Use a store-bought vegetable seasoning for a more seasoned air fryer broccoli recipe — I like the Traeger Grills Seasoning Veggie Rub on my broccoli
- Add extra red chili flakes for a spicy version
How Long to Cook Broccoli in the Air Fryer
This air fryer roasted broccoli recipe takes just 8 minutes to cook to tender perfection.
Does Broccoli Burn in The Air Fryer?
If you’re not careful while cooking roasted broccoli in the air fryer, it can burn.
It’s important to check on the broccoli halfway through air frying and adjust the temperature down to 350 degrees if you notice the edges of the broccoli turning brown already.
The broccoli should get crispy edges, but not be burnt.
Is it possible to make air fryer broccoli from frozen?
Yes! It gives frozen broccoli a fresher and more delicious taste!
- Preheat to 400 degrees
- Place frozen broccoli in the air fryer and cook for about 20 minutes.
For a zesty version, try out my Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli recipe here.
More Broccoli Recipes
- Broccoli Salad
- Frozen Broccoli in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Air Fryer Broccolini
More Easy Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fried Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Weight Watcher Points per serving: 4
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- additional parmesan cheese for serving
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Cut broccoli into florets and set aside.
- Mix together melted butter, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Add the broccoli and mix to combine thoroughly.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and mix again making sure to coat it evenly.
- Place broccoli into the air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.*
- Remove broccoli from the air fryer and serve immediately.
- Add additional Parmesan cheese on top once served.
*If broccoli is starting brown too much halfway through cooking, drop the temperature to 360 degrees and continue to cook according to timing above.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.