Get ready for the best air fryer broccolini ever, where every piece is perfectly seasoned thanks to a hands-on approach.
The trick to delicious air fryer broccolini that’s sure to have everyone clearing their plates isn’t just in the cooking. It’s all about how you prep it!
The way you take this veggie from good to great is by rubbing the seasoning right onto the broccolini! This ensures each stalk is evenly flavored and comes out tasting absolutely amazing.
The hands-on approach guarantees you get the most out of your seasonings for a truly standout dish.
Perfect as a quick, healthy side, this broccolini recipe brings out the best in your veggie side, making it a go-to for any meal.
How to Make Air Fryer Broccolini
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Cut the last ¼ inch of the broccolini stalks and remove any leaves.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, drizzle the olive oil over the broccolini.
STEP THREE: Combine the seasonings and sprinkle them over the broccolini. Use your hands to rub the seasoning onto the broccolini to evenly cover every stalk.
STEP FOUR: Squeeze the lemon over the broccolini.
STEP FIVE: Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
STEP SIX: Place the broccolini in the air fryer basket, cooking in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding.
STEP SEVEN: Air fry broccolini for 6-8 minutes until broccolini is crisped to your liking.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Broccolini
- Properly trim the broccolini for even cooking and the best texture.
- Rub the seasoning into the broccolini with your hands to make sure every piece is coated for maximum flavor.
- Air fry broccolini in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the basket.
- Adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the stalks.
More Easy Air Fryer Veggie Recipes
- Air Fryer Bok Choy
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Asparagus Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Green Beans
Variations for this Broccolini Recipe
- Add grated Parmesan right after air frying broccolini for a cheesy twist.
- Toss red pepper flakes with the seasoning mixture to add a little heat to your veggie dish.
- Finish with a drizzle of balsamic after air frying broccolini for a sweet and tangy glaze.
- Add smoked paprika to the seasoning for another depth of flavor.
- Grate a little lemon zest over the air fried broccolini for more of a citrus kick.
Can You Cook Broccolini in the Air Fryer?
The air fryer is a great way to make roasted broccolini! You get an amazingly crispy texture, and the convection cooking method really brings out the veggie’s natural, delicious flavors.
What’s the Difference Between Broccolini, Baby Broccolini, and Baby Broccoli?
Broccolini is sometimes called “baby broccoli,” but it’s not just a young version of broccoli. It’s actually a hybrid between conventional broccoli and a Chinese version of broccoli.
You’ll sometimes hear broccolini called baby broccoli or baby broccolini, but these are just nicknames.
How Do You Trim Broccolini for Air Frying?
To trim broccolini, cut off the last ¼ inch of the stalks and remove any leaves.
Should Broccolini Be Blanched Before Air Frying?
There’s no need to blanch broccolini before air frying. Cooking it directly in the air fryer preserves its crispness and bright green color, giving you the best overall flavor and texture.
Do You Need to Preheat the Air Fryer for Broccolini?
You always want to let your air fryer preheat to 380 degrees F before adding the broccolini.
Preheating helps cook the vegetable evenly, so you achieve that nice, crisp texture.
How Long to Cook Broccolini in the Air Fryer
The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the broccolini stalks. Each batch will take about 8-10 minutes.
If you need to air fry broccolini in multiple batches, separate them according to the stalk size to promote even cooking.
What to Serve with Air Fried Broccolini
I love serving air fryer broccolini alongside Asian-inspired dishes like teriyaki chicken, tofu, Trader Joe’s orange chicken, or tuna steaks! It’s also phenomenal drizzled with a little stir fry sauce.
More Veggie Side Dish Recipes:
- Air Fryer Cabbage
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
- 1 bundle broccolini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Trim the broccolini: Cut the last ¼ inch of the stalks. Remove any leaves.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the broccolini.
- Combine the seasonings and sprinkle it over the broccolini. Rub them onto the broccolini to evenly cover.
- Squeeze the lemon over them.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Place the broccolini into the air fryer basket, careful not to overcrowd them. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.