Treat the whole family to these irresistibly crispy air fryer wontons with a gooey cream cheese filling! Perfect for snacking or as a show-stealing side dish.
Craving crispy wontons without the hassle of take-out or delivery? These homemade air fryer wontons are a total game-changer!
Simply mix the filling, add some to each wonton, and press the edges together, then let the air fryer work its magic.
It’s even easier than you think!
Best of all, from start to yummy finish, you’re only looking at about 30 minutes.
Every bite gives you that perfect crunch, and when you hit that velvety, creamy center, it tastes like heaven. Trust me when I say your whole family will go crazy for these tasty air-fried wontons!
How to Make Air Fryer Wontons
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, green onion, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and sesame oil.
STEP TWO: Spoon one tablespoon of the filling in the middle of a wonton wrapper.
STEP THREE: Use your finger to dab a bit of water on the outer edges of the wrapper, then fold two opposite corners together.
STEP FOUR: Fold the other two ends to create a small parcel, pinching the edges together to seal the wonton tightly. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers until you have 15 total.
STEP FIVE: Working in batches, place the wontons in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving a little space between them. Spray them with a generous amount of cooking oil spray.
STEP SIX: Air fry for 8-12 minutes until golden brown and crisp to your liking, flipping the wontons over halfway through the cooking time and spritzing the bottoms lightly with more oil.STEP SEVEN: Repeat with the remaining wontons, then serve your air fryer wontons with your favorite sauce.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons
How Long to Cook Wontons in the Air Fryer
Cook our cream cheese wontons in the air fryer for 8-12 minutes.
You’ll know they’re done when they turn a tempting golden brown on the outside. This lets you know the cheese is gooey and melty on the inside!
Got some frozen wontons or Bibigo mini wontons on hand? Because we just need the air fryer to thaw and crisp them up, they should take about the same amount of time. Just be sure to keep an eye on them!
Tips for Making the Best Homemade Wontons
- While assembling your homemade wontons, keep those wonton wrappers under a damp cloth. No one likes a dried-out wrapper!
- Let the cream cheese come up to room temperature. It makes it so much easier to mix.
- Lay the wontons in a single layer in the air fryer basket with some space for the hot air to circulate and crisp up every side.
- Flip the wontons halfway through the cooking time to help them cook as evenly as possible.
- Feel free to experiment with flavor! You could make pork wontons with leftover pork or try buffalo chicken for a delicious game-day snack. Just make sure any meat you add to the filling is pre-cooked.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Potstickers in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tempura
- Air Fryer Sweet and Sour Chicken
More Asian-Inspired Recipes
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- Air fryer Chicken Katsu
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Instant Pot Frozen Dumplings
- Teriyaki Salmon in the Air Fryer
- The Best Air Fryer Tuna Steaks
- Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken in the Air Fryer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 15 wonton wrappers
- Sweet chili sauce, for serving
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, green onion, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and sesame oil.
2. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Use your finger to dab a bit of water on the outer edges of the wrapper and fold two opposite corners together.
3. Fold the other two ends to create a small parcel, pinching the edges together to seal the wonton tightly.
4. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
5. Working in batches, place wontons in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving a little space between them. Spray them with a generous amount of cooking oil spray.
6. Air fry for 8-12 minutes until golden brown and crisp to your liking, flipping the wontons over halfway through the cooking time and spritzing the bottoms lightly with more oil.
7. Repeat with remaining wontons, then serve with your favorite sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.