You won’t believe how easy this homemade air fryer crab rangoon recipe is! Mix the filling, assemble the rangoons, and let the air fryer turn them into absolute perfection.
Want to enjoy everyone’s favorite take-out appetizer right at home?
Just wait until you see how easy it is to make this homemade air fryer crab rangoon recipe right in your own kitchen!
Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, we can skip the hassle and mess of deep frying and still get super crispy wontons stuffed with rich and creamy crab filling.
You need less than 10 ingredients, and this dish can be ready to serve in under 45 minutes.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The best way to make homemade crab meat rangoon in the air fryer
- How to find the right crab rangoon air fryer time and temp so they turn out perfect every time
- Tips and tricks for making the most delicious rangoons
- What to serve with this dish
- How to make frozen crab rangoon in the air fryer
Once you see how easy it is to make this crab rangoon recipe, you’ll want to whip them up all the time.
But be sure you make enough to share — this hot and crispy appetizer will go fast!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Crab Meat Rangoon in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, crab meat, green onions, Worcestershire, minced garlic, and salt and pepper.
STEP TWO: Place one wonton wrapper on a cutting board. Use a brush to coat the edges of the wrapper with water.
STEP THREE: Add 1½ teaspoons of crab mixture to the center of the wrapper.
STEP FOUR: Grab two opposite corners of the wrapper and pull them together in the middle to make a triangle.
Next, take the other ends and bring them to the middle as well. Press to get all the air out and seal the seams together.
STEP FIVE: Repeat until all wrappers have been used.
STEP SIX: Spray the bottom of the air fryer, then place the crab rangoons in the basket in a single layer. Spritz the tops of the rangoons with a little more spray.
STEP SEVEN: Air fry at 360 degrees F for 5-10 minutes, checking at the 5 minute mark and then every 2 minutes after until they reach your desired level of crispiness.
STEP EIGHT: Serve with sweet chili sauce.
What is a Crab Rangoon?
While you’ll often find this dish in Chinese or Asian-inspired restaurants, they are an American invention. They can also be called crab rangoon puffs, crab puffs, or even cheese wontons.
These crispy dumplings are made by mixing crab, cream cheese, green onion, and seasonings like garlic powder and Worcestershire for the filling.
Stuff that into a wonton wrapper, fold the corners together to create that signature shape, then cook until hot and crispy.
Most restaurants deep fry their crab rangoon for a crispy appetizer everyone will love.
But thanks to the magic of the air fryer, we can eliminate a bunch of excess oil and mess, and the wonton wrappers still turn out super crispy!
Crab Rangoon Air Fryer Time and Temp
I recommend cooking this crab rangoon recipe at 360 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
Start checking on them at the 5 minute mark and then every 2 minutes after until they get as brown and crispy as you want them.
Depending on your air fryer brand and size, cooking times can vary slightly, so this is the best way to find your perfect cooking time!
Tips for Making Crab Rangoon in the Air Fryer
- When sealing the wonton wrapper, make sure you press as much air out of the pocket as possible.
- Lay the crab rangoons in the air fryer basket in a single layer, working in batches as necessary. You want to make sure the air fryer can properly crisp the outside of each wonton wrapper.
- Once you finish assembling as many rangoons as you can fit in the basket at once, you can start the first batch in the air fryer while you continue assembling the rest.
- Spritzing the rangoons with extra oil on top will help the wrappers get as crispy as possible. For that super satisfying crunch, you don’t want to skip this step!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Instant Pot Crab Legs
- Instant Pot Frozen Dumplings
- Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese
Can You Make Frozen Crab Rangoons in the Air Fryer?
You bet! If you have Pagoda, Member’s Mark, or any other brand of store-bought frozen crab rangoon, the air fryer is a great way to get them hot and crispy before serving.
- Lay the frozen rangoons in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spritz the tops.
- Cook at 360 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, checking on them at the 10 minute mark and every 2 minutes after that until they reach your desired level of crispiness.
Other Air Fryer Asian Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings (Potstickers)
- Air Fryer Spring Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 5 ounces crab meat
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoons worcestershire
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
- 28 wonton wrappers
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, crab meat, green onions, worcestershire, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
- Place one wonton wrapper on a cutting board. Use a brush to brush the edges of the wrapper with water.
- Fill the center of the wrapper with 1 ½ teaspoons of crab mixture.
- Grab two opposite corners of the wrapper to come together in the middle to make a triangle. Then take the other ends and bring them to the middle as well. Press to make sure you get all the air out and seal the seams together.
- Spray the bottom of your air fryer. Then place your crab rangoons in the basket. Spritz the tops of the rangoons with a little more cooking spray.
- Bake at 360 for 10 minutes, Checking at the 5 minute mark and then every 2 minutes after, to check on how brown and crispy you want them. Depending on your air fryer brand and size, cooking time varies slightly. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.