These irresistible buffalo chicken wontons are crispy on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside, and have just the right amount of kick. Plus, they’re so easy to make!
Need a perfect appetizer or game day snack that’s guaranteed to knock everyone’s socks off? No one will be able to resist these tasty buffalo chicken wontons!
Delightfully crunchy wonton wrappers with a smooth, creamy filling get the perfect amount of kick from the buffalo sauce.
It’s the kind of finger food that will have everyone reaching for thirds, seconds, and fourths.
Best of all, you can use pre-bought or leftover shredded chicken, and you can go from fridge to snack table in less than half an hour.
So when you need to throw something together quickly, buffalo wonton cups are the perfect solution!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip the cream cheese together with the buffalo sauce. Mix on a low-medium speed until the mixture is smooth and well-blended.
STEP THREE: Use the hand mixer to incorporate the chicken and spices into the cream cheese mixture. Mix until the chicken is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
STEP FOUR: Line a mini muffin tin with wonton wrappers.
STEP FIVE: Place a spoonful of cream cheese and buffalo chicken filling into each wrapper.
STEP SIX: Brush the tops of the cups with oil, making sure to get the exposed edges of the wonton wrappers.
STEP SEVEN: Bake the cups for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
STEP EIGHT: Serve hot and enjoy!
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Cups
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Cheesy White Bean Tomato Bake
- Frozen Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer
- Mac and Cheese Bites in the Air Fryer
How Long to Cook Buffalo Wontons
You want to cook your buffalo chicken cups until the wonton wrappers are crispy and golden.
At 350 degrees F, this should take about 12 minutes. If the wontons aren’t getting golden, make sure you’re brushing them with enough oil before they bake.
Tips for the Best Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- Make sure the exposed parts of the wrappers are brushed with oil. Otherwise, they won’t crisp up properly, so it’s important to make sure you don’t miss any spots!
- For the buffalo sauce, you can use your favorite brand or make your own homemade buffalo sauce! I even have a mild buffalo sauce option!
- I like to use shredded rotisserie chicken from Costco, but I’ve also used grilled chicken strips cut into small pieces and did not notice a difference in the flavor of the final product.
- Using smoked paprika adds a charred, warm flavor. However, you can also use regular paprika if you prefer or if it’s what you have in your kitchen.
- You can store leftover buffalo wontons in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat buffalo chicken wontons, microwave in 20-second intervals until warm in the middle or heat them in the air fryer for about 4 minutes at 390 degrees.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- 5-Minute Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Air Fryer Loaded Tater Tots
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Without Cream Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
Other Game Day Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Bacon Cheese Fries
- BBQ Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Frozen Pretzel in the Air Fryer
- Garlic Parmesan Wings in the Air Fryer
- Pigs in a Blanket in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Super Bowl Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Wontons
Crispy on the outside with a smooth, creamy filling that has just the right amount of heat, buffalo chicken wontons make a great game day snack or crowd-pleasing appetizer!
- 8 ounces block cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip the cream cheese together with the buffalo sauce. Mix on a low-medium speed until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Use the hand mixer to incorporate the chicken and spices into the cream cheese mixture. Mix until the chicken is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Line a mini muffin tin with wonton wrappers and place a spoonful of cream cheese filling into each wrapper.
- Brush the tops of the cups with oil, being sure to get the exposed edges of the wonton wrappers. Bake the cups for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.