Put those leftovers to good use with a buffalo chicken sandwich! This versatile recipe only takes about 5 minutes to put together and requires almost zero clean up. It’s great when you want a quick yet hearty lunch or an easy weeknight dinner.
If you have a hungry crew to feed, this is a recipe you don’t want to miss. This buffalo chicken sandwich is a total flavor bomb, complete with crunchy chicken tenders, zesty buffalo sauce, and creamy, cool blue cheese dressing. It’s super easy to make and even easier to customize.
Grab the kids and let them help build their very own buffalo chicken masterpiece! They will be inspired at their own tasty creation, and with good reason. This saucy sandwich is better than anything they’ll ever order in a restaurant!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- Quick and simple directions for making the best buffalo chicken sandwich in town.
- Fun and easy ways to customize your sandwiches and keep everyone happy.
- Side dish suggestions along with links to helpful recipes.
These satisfying sandwiches are saucy with just the right amount of spice. Even better, this buffalo chicken sandwich recipe takes only 5 minutes and a few ingredients to make!
How to Make a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
STEP ONE: Use a large bowl and tongs to toss cooked chicken tenders in buffalo sauce.
STEP TWO: Cut kaiser rolls in half and place them on a plate.
STEP THREE: Gently place two buffalo chicken tenders on each kaiser roll.
STEP FOUR: Add the blue cheese, lettuce, and a few tomato slices, adjusting the ingredients to suit your taste.
STEP FIVE: Top the sandwich with the other half of the bun. Serve immediately and enjoy.
How Spicy is This Buffalo Chicken Sandwich?
This depends on your choice of buffalo sauce and how much you apply. Start at the low end and add more sauce as needed.
One way to control the spiciness level is to make your own buffalo sauce. The heat level in my recipe for Easy Homemade Buffalo Sauce can be easily adjusted to please any palate.
If you prefer something a little sweeter, try whipping up a batch of this Honey Buffalo Sauce. It has the perfect balance of sweet, savory, and spice, without being excessively hot.
How Can I Customize This Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe?
This buffalo chicken sandwich is incredibly customizable. There are countless ways to adapt this recipe to suit just about any preference or dietary need.
We’ve already touched on adjusting the spice level and changing up the cheese. Here are just a few more examples of some ways to switch it up:
- Buns: Switch the kaiser roll for a sub roll or bun of your choice. Choose tortillas, like in this recipe for my Buffalo Chicken Wrap, or skip the bread and make these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps with the same ingredients.
- Sauce: If someone doesn’t want buffalo sauce, you can try tossing the chicken in barbeque sauce, pesto, marinara, or another sauce. You can also skip the sauce altogether, which is helpful if you have picky eaters to feed.
- Toppings: Classic options for this sandwich include lettuce, tomato and onion. I also recommend pickles, spinach, sprouts, avocado, mushrooms, or peppers. As long as you have room on your bun, go wild!
- Chicken: Feel free to use the chicken that you have available. You can use breaded or unbreaded, air fried chicken tenders, grilled, baked, or even leftover rotisserie chicken.
What Cheese Goes Best on a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich?
Blue cheese is by far the best cheese to pair with your buffalo chicken sandwich. The deep, rich flavor of the blue cheese compliments the hot tangy sauce like no other cheese can. Try this recipe for Easy Blue Cheese Dressing with your sandwich and you’ll see what I mean.
Blue cheese isn’t for everyone though, and that’s okay. If you or someone in your family isn’t a fan, you have plenty of options.
Instead, try adding a slice of provolone, mozzarella, or your favorite cheese. You can also choose to skip the cheese and trade the blue cheese dressing for ranch. The possibilities are endless!
What to Serve With Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches?
This hearty sandwich is a filling snack on its own and makes a dynamite meal when paired with the right side dish. Check out some of these easy recipes for inspiration:
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Creamy Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Broccoli Salad
Other Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Steak
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Without Cream Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
An easy buffalo chicken sandwich that can be made in just 5 minutes.
- 8 Cooked Chicken Tenders
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 8 Tablespoons Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 Big Leaves of Lettuce
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- Toss the cooked chicken tenders with the buffalo sauce in a big bowl.
- Cut each kaiser roll in half.
- Put 2 buffalo chicken tenders on each kaiser roll.
- Add blue cheese, lettuce leaf, and 2-3 tomato slices.
- Enjoy immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 1689mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.